Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 12:08 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Those tahoes are pretty good vehicles if u can get it for a good price it be worth it

Old 09-21-2011, 12:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That is a nice looking Tahoe. Not a bad price for it either. It's cool that you detailed it and got to look it over good.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:55 PM

Afternoon Everyone.

Frantic pace at the office lately. Feast or famine it seems.

Big Spring Jam this weekend in Huntsville. In the past, it's been a great weekend-long music festival. But they've really changed / downscaled it a lot the past couple years. I hardly recognize any bands in the lineup. I'll probably go Saturday night to hear Saving Able and Hinder.

Weather should clear up in time for the weekend. It's been pretty dreary all week. Supposed to be dry and cool on Saturday - good for the outdoor concert downtown.

Happy Hump Day.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey everyone!

Late check-in for me. Had the Camaro inspected. Needed front tires but that was it

Now I'm behind at work, probably won't be on much today

Old 09-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

good afternoon everyone, today has been a decent day, aside from facebook screwing with our minds

I FINALLY got my horizon back today, it was at the paint shop for warranty work as the hood and roof had gotten very dull. They buffed it and no luck, so it was repainted and is now shiny as ever You can see how shiny the hood is, before it had almost no shine. Oh and my team monte carlo sticker came in, but only being 6x3 its small and i'm not sure where to put it, suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails Wednesday, September 21, 2011-securedownload.jpg   Wednesday, September 21, 2011-securedownload1.jpg   Wednesday, September 21, 2011-securedownload2.jpg  
Old 09-21-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by 02ssLE
Good Afternoon, everbody!

Well, the week started out promising. But, I should've known when something seems too good to be true..it is.

Started my new job on Monday. Loved it. On my way into work yesterday, I was hit by a deer. No, I didn't hit a deer....The deer hit me! A few were crossing the street, so I stopped to let them by. Afterward, I started going again, and a straggler came out of the woods, trying to catch his friends, and plowed into my drivers side door! Luckily no physical damage, to the car, nor the deer. But, definitely not an ideal way to wake up! lol
This morning on my way in, I had a tire blow out on me. Still lucky with no damage...But, the new job had a STRICT no-miss training schedule. I ended up being about an hour late, which was too late, in their book. So, back to minimum wage for me..
Have an appointment tomorrow to get my alignment done. Going to look for some tires this afternoon. Hope everyone's day is going better then mine, so far.

Hi `Zach,
Sorry to read that you got hit by a deer and that you tire blew out & that it cost you a promotion
It's sad you're company did not or does not understand that stuff happens in life that are out of your control...

Life sure is a test, and we win some & we lose some...
It's great that you did not get hurt & placed into the hospital, or the deer did not make you crash & total your Monte, and that your employer did not fire you...

When bad happens to me, I do my best to search for the positives...I hope that you can 2, plus don't give up and keep doing your best...Sometimes, many times I believe we just have to work harder to get to where we want to be...
Wish you better Luck in Life & on the roads...

That's all, I just woke up & I hope the above makes sense : )
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mod `Mike, great that you only need tires & that you passed inspection 4-Sure...Good tires are a great investment 4-Sure
========================================
Hi Mike (JG), I'm OK, I'm ok thank for your double post concerns That happens to me all the time...
Great to read that you are feeling better & that your ribs are starting to heal...Don't over`do OK...
==================================
Hi Keane, great 2 read you are having a decent day..Now take some pic's of your new paint `job & share ~>Please : )
--------------------------------------------------------------
Zach, nice look'in Tahoe, but it has high miles, so I hope your g/f can get a warranty...Good Luck for sure...Oh, will she let you take it 4 Wheeling LOL
==========================================
Hi `Dave, wish you good weather & a fun weekend..Let us know about it...
Peace/Happiness to the readers ~> From `Space

Old 09-21-2011, 04:03 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Space lol idk y my phone does that lol & yeah there getting better & ive been trying not to but with recent things goin on i havnt really thought about the pain lol

Old 09-21-2011, 04:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

keane The paint looks good now. Glad they fixed it up for you.
Chibi 2 tires is not bad at all. So what do you do replace them and then have another inspection? We don't have them in Michigan and I was wondering how it works.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

thanks lou, i'm just amazed how fast it deteriorated the first time.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Those tahoes are pretty good vehicles if u can get it for a good price it be worth it
i called the used car manager today....he sold it 3 hrs after i took it back on friday .... the gf will have to look at something else they have plenty of cars at the 2 dealerships

Originally Posted by lougreen03
That is a nice looking Tahoe. Not a bad price for it either. It's cool that you detailed it and got to look it over good.
stuff i bring usually doesnt stick around long after i detail it. But is nice to get a good look at all the cars before they go on the lot then you know what they looked like before they are cleaned.

edit: the gf just called me....said her car wont start in the parking lot of work 40 mi away i knew this would happen. i cant wait to send that POS saturn to the junk yard

Last edited by xxtheshockerxx; 09-21-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, September 21, 2011