Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, July 25th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky-88
Hi Space - Yes, I always were protective gear even though it's miserably hot sometimes. I just bought new pants that are basically a mesh material with armor inside for protection. Allows quite a bit of air flow as long as I'm moving. It's sitting at lights that's a killer. My summer jacket is ok, but still pretty hot. I need to get the mesh jacket that goes with my pants. Lots of folks around here ride with shorts / t-shirt. Not me; not worth the risk. I'd rather be hot and wearing all my skin...

And yes, my son loved the school. It's now #1 on his college wish list. We're trying to get him to find a few other schools to choose from just in case he doesn't get his first choice.

Hi Dave & thanks 4 your reply...I guess some biker's like it HOT I seen a few today in leather riding down US 1 on their Harley's...Hard Core Biker's 4 -Sure... Hope you can get the mesh jacket, but with a son going to college your may have to wait another 4+ years until he gets out & buys you one...He would be wise to check out other schools..College is getting more expensive every year (WoW)..Good Luck to you & Family
=========================================
Keane, wish you a good day @ school & your night shift
=========================================
Mod Mike, short trip are the hardest on your Monte & Camaro Engines...Get your bike back & ride
==================================
Rick, it's great to read that you have no regrets about going back to work...It's a lot better when you are working with good people + A/C I work with a great group of guys & we are all thankful to be working for a great owner
I hope your night-shift goes fast...EnJoy your long weekend
`Devin, do you work tonight ? Wish you a fast night & fun off time...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was great to see my grandfather (It always is) & we had a super lunch & time 2gether...(It always goes fast & I wish we had more time to enjoy life 2gether)...I have to get ready 4 work again, but just wanted to say `hi to all...Keep the Blog going & have some `fun on the MCF & in your `Life

Peace/Happiness/Love/Respect 2 `all from `Space

Old 07-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

[QUOTE=Ricks 2006 SS;480996]
Originally Posted by Space
Hi Everyone,
==========================================
Hi `Rick, do you have any regrets about going back to work ? Do you like your working conditions..I'm sure that you will adjust to working nights again...Wish you a relaxing fun day...Thanks 4 checking in
============================================
No Space i have no regrets going back to work. It gets me out of the house for a couple of days. Plus a couple of the guys are old ( bikers) so we have a lot in common. And that makes it NICE. No Hot Rodders just wantna be's . The working conditions are ok. The main thing is cool guys & girls to work with and its all Air conditioned. Some of the girls take a break outside. WHY? Its 60 percent humidity out there I like my job and 99 % of the people I work with
We all go outside for break. Usually its not to refreshing but last night it was cool with no humidity. But mainly they're outside to smoke.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sparky full leathers in 90+ heat still don't look as stupid as a hospital gown. Mi just changed the helmet law and now we have people cracking there heads open everywhere. I don't ride but if I did I would wear any and all safety gear.

Space the next big event is the first weekend in august. We have a big 4 day rib festival called Pig Gig. There are 4 national concerts lots of kids craft areas and a family fun stage that we host. Entertainment on the stage we work will be a mix of local and regional talent. Plus lots of ribs and other festival foods.

Last edited by lougreen03; 07-25-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Evening everyone. Watching Storage Wars at the moment. Got some photoshop work to do for a friend.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:20 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Evening - not too much going on here

Old 07-25-2012, 09:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Evening everyone. Not much going on here either tonight. Just getting ready for work. It's MY fri so thats cool. Might just change my night at work from mtw to S, M,, T, that way I get off weds morning and its my weekend till Sunday night again. Have to tell the Boss at work. He brought it up 1st. That was my old days before I left for AZ. Mmmmmm. Something to think about.. OK good night everyone see you in the A.M. I start work at 10:30 pm and get off at 6:30 am. C ya all then..........................