Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, April 18th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by 77gp
Afternoon all.

Gregg, My grandpa purchased a brand new Duster back in the 70's to replace the 63 Dart he gave my Dad. Now if I am not mistaken, it said Gold Duster on it. I think It was like a 75 or 76. Did they make a Gold Duster? I also had a baby blue 6 cyl Duster that I put cragars on and hated it, Parents wanted me to get it instead of the 70 Monte Carlo I wanted. 2 weeks later the tranny was going bad in it and the Monte was still there. I came home with the Monte. Don't get me wrong, Dusters are cool, just not this one, especially in that blue.
Hello Jerry; yes they did make a Gold Duster which if memory serves me correctly started in 1972 and continued to the Duster came to end in 1976 being replaced by the Plymouth Volare. I've had a few Dusters thru the years and didn't appreciate them either. All the ones I had were the basic Dusters and were at best basic transportation. I had a boss that had a 74 Gold Duster that I drove with regularity and that was a nice car. Too bad the Vermont salt attacked it unmercifully. The Duster I just bought is the nicest one I've owned and should make a really nice ride.

When the Duster was new it was a compact car and it was Plymouths entry level car not counting the English made Plymouth Cricket (had one of those too, wasn't much of a car.) the Monte Carlo was an intermediate or mid sized car and wasn't in the same class as the Duster. The Monte Carlo was a nicer car all the way around than the Duster except in the quarter mile. The Monte Carlo competition from Plymouth would have been the Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus which didn't come to market until 1971.

Space those are nice pics of first gen Monte's. I would be proud to have either of those in my fleet.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Keane I work second shift. When I get home at one in the morning I can't get to sleep. I usually have a light snack, watch some tv, and surf the Internet including MCF. That is how I occupy my time. When you make the switch to nights and your body acclimated to being up those hours, it is best to keep the same schedule on your days off too. If you don't your internal clock gets all screwed up and then you get sick.
I figure it would be a bit smarter to start adjusting now instead of trying to go from going to sleep at 2 to going to sleep at 8. Just gotta keep occupied for a while

Old 04-18-2012, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
I figure it would be a bit smarter to start adjusting now instead of trying to go from going to sleep at 2 to going to sleep at 8. Just gotta keep occupied for a while
It is a wise step. The first few weeks you will still feel like you've been run over by a truck. You will adjust though. It takes some getting used to, to be able to sleep during the day. You have to discipline yourself to get your sleep.