Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, April 18th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Thanks Mike for your reply,
You and your daughter are very fortunate to have the time to be together & work on a project...Building good memories 2gether...~> EnJoy
Is the beetle like below ?

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=ts><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>mechanical beetle - YouTube

<TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 8px; PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top width=1>
► 0:59► 0:59

<TD style="PADDING-TOP: 1px" vAlign=top><CITE class=kv>www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlhjH1ukl-Y</CITE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yep, that looks identical to the one she is building. I think it would have been a better demonstration if it was on a hard surface so you could actually see it maneuver.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:48 AM

Yep, that looks identical to the one she is building. I think it would have been a better demonstration if it was on a hard surface so you could actually see it maneuver.
LoL `Mike,
No, I don't think it was made to climb on a fluffy bed LOL.
The vid reminded me or someone trying to get out of bed in the morning EnJoy your time with your daughter..She is fortunate to have a father that cares

Old 04-18-2012, 09:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good Morning MCF members . Well it sure did rain late last night. Woke me enough for me to go to bed . But now at 9:15 am the Sun just broke thru. Its looks to be a nice sunny warmer day then yesterday! Had the Monte out on Tuesday. Went to see my grandson ( 17 yrs old) While his mother is out of town. Then went to Sam's club. Parked out in row 92 . No one around me not even a cart! Then then had a bite to eat at a fast food place. So I think we put on about 40 miles round trip. LOVE THAT CAR!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:25 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Morning Everyone, nm goin on here just cleaning up the GTO interior

Old 04-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

morning everyone, did get a confirmation last night that im on the night schedule next week, awesome. 2 more days as a cashier. 56 cloudy here today, i have my statistics final and im not looking forward to that.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Tadd I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation.
Seattle Mike i'm not sure how old your daughter is or if she is your only one but they do grow up fast so enjoy the time spent with her. I seems like just yesterday i was dropping my oldest 2 off at preschool and kindergarten and now ones in college and the other in 11th grade. I'm glad we still have our 11 year old

Space nice mopar. A friend in school had a black and white duster with a slant 6. I didnt think much of it then, but now i realize how cool it was.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:08 AM

Morning, everybody.......Tadd, glad you're back. Does your mom have neighbors or friends who look in on her? Do you phone her a lot to see how she's doing? We had the same situation with my mother when she hit her 80's - gradually losing interest in things around her and other signs of dementia. We finally put her in a nursing home where she was happy and very well taken care of till she died seven years later. We wouldn't have known how serious it was if we hadn't stopped by unexpectedly, or called every day or so.

Today we're putting in yellow flowers across the front of the house. It's sunny and 65* - perfect for getting hands dirty in the garden. Hope everybody has a Wolseley Wednesday!!!**

**If you know what a Wolseley is, you get four extra points this week.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:15 AM

good morning everybody. its my wifes bday today so were heading to the beach alil later if it doesnt rain. hope everyone has a great day

Old 04-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Seattle Mike i'm not sure how old your daughter is or if she is your only one but they do grow up fast so enjoy the time spent with her. I seems like just yesterday i was dropping my oldest 2 off at preschool and kindergarten and now ones in college and the other in 11th grade. I'm glad we still have our 11 year old
Lou, My daughter turned 11 last month. I know what you mean by the time flying by. It doesn't seem that long ago she fit between my elbow and hand. Now she's standing 5'2"...gonna have long legs and be skinny like her Mom. They do grow up quick!

Old 04-18-2012, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Space
Good Morning Seattle Mike,
How's life on the westcoast of the USA ?
Wish you a Happy Hump'in `Day
===========================
Below is 4 our resident MoParMan`Gregg
(Something 2 Dream about )

1972 Plymouth Duster
^ Click above E.Z. ^
Immaculate totally restored Duster "Twister"$20K, Cocoa Beach,Fl
Good morning MCF.

Thank you Space for the super cool Duster. It looks similar to the one I just bought. Mine will be black with those same Crager wheels. I'm currently looking for a duck tail spoiler for it. They are very rare because they were discontinued years ago and no one else has made them. I'm also going to have a pearl white canopy vinyl top. My car also has an option on it called the SPACE DUSTER option. It basically means the rear seat folds down to access the trunk. Perfect for carrying a surf board. Even Space has to approve of a car like this.

Last edited by mousehousemoparman; 04-18-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, April 18th 2012