Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, 3/19/2014 >CHECK IN<

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 08:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Morning all. Just a standard day in the life of an aircraft maintainer. Tomorow im going in for surgery to remove my wisdom teeth, part of my lower jaw bone and reconstruct some of my nasal cavity. Its been a rough couple of months but im feeling spring may help me get out of my rut. Im excited for summer and having a nice car has really helped to give me something to focus on while everything else has seemed to go down hill.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!

Space:
Thanks for starting the Members Daily Blog!
I see you were up and atom very early this am... (You have to sleep sometime)... Don't you?
Sometimes I wish I had some of your Alien blood/metabolism..Just to keep up with the day before me...Ahahahahha... Unfortunately us human body need sleep to carry on... To think I will get enough sleep when im taking a dirt nap...

Devin:
Its nice to have the warmer temps.. But can do without the rain..and predicted snow... The sun was warm yesterday and I was actually out there enjoying it!.

Tadd:
Nice to see you here.. (Thought you got lost)
Hows Ronda getting along? Better I hope... Give her our best and look forward to seeing her with you at the meets all the while feeling better!
Don't work to hard and stay healthy my Friend!

Well yesterday was a Great Day for me!
I went and checked on the progress of the "Secret" work being done on the Monte! Its really coming along nicely and I will have it by the end of the week! Finally!!!!! Its been a long cpl of Months.... I have pics of the work in progress and dieing to post them... But I said I would wait til its finished before I would post the before and after... This is harder than I thought... LOL All I can and will say for now.... It will be such a pleasure to drive with its improvements! I will definitely be able to show it with my head held high !!!! Yes..it may only be a N/A 5th Gen.... But its mine and it is my pride and joy!... Ive seen it go from Brand new..to a DD to what it will be when its finished... Every mile, nick,chip, ding dent that's been on it from age and unrespecteful people.... will now all be erased with its new appearance....enhancements!

That's enough...
I don't wish to give it all away.... But for those that know what it use to be.... I'm sure will see the noteable differences! Hooray! its so close to being finished I can hardly contain myself!

Have a Great Day EV1!

Old 03-19-2014, 10:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Old 03-19-2014, 10:33 AM
Cool >I bet U didn't know< > LOL <

Space:

Thanks for starting the Members Daily Blog!

I see you were up and atom very early this am... (You have to sleep sometime)... Don't you?

Sometimes I wish I had some of your Alien blood/metabolism..Just to keep up with the day before me...Ahahahahha... Unfortunately us human sleep to carry on... To think I will get enough sleep when im taking a dirt nap...

Hi Mod `David & Member's

(+ Welcome back home Mod `Michael)

"You are not alone"

All humans are 'aliens from outer space', scientist claims

Humans are all aliens who came to earth from outer space, a leading British scientist has claimed.

Image 1 of 2
Prof Chandra Wickramasinghe said his research showed all humans were aliens.

By Andrew Hough

Prof Chandra Wickramasinghe, of Cardiff University, said new research "overwhelmingly" supported the view that human life started from outside our Earth.

The Astrobiologist said the first "seeds of life" were deposited on our plant from space 3,800m years ago.

He claimed microbes from outer space arrived on earth from comets, which then "multiplied and seeded" to form human life.

His said his evidence, published in Cambridge University's International Journal of Astrobiology, showed humans, and all life on Earth, came from aliens brought to the earth by comets hitting the planet.

"Yes, we are all aliens – we share a cosmic ancestry," Prof Wickramasinghe said.

"Each time a new planetary system forms a few surviving microbes find their way into comets.
"These then multiply and seed other planets."
He added: ""We are thus part of a connected chain that extends over a large volume of the cosmos. Evidence is pointing inexorably in this direction."
Prof Wickramasinghe believes life is transferred from planet to planet over billions of years.
He believes comets hit planets and pushed living matter out into space.
He said some survived and got transferred to new planets over a timescale of millions and millions of years.
But he accepts this model still does not explain how life actually began in the first place.
The professor and his late colleague Sir Fred Hoyle championed the so-cllaed "panspermia" theory from the 1960s.
"Evidence from astronomy overwhelmingly supports the view that life did not start on Earth but was seeded from outside," Prof Wickramasinghe said.
"Although we have no definite knowledge how life started in the first place, once started its spread in the cosmos and survival is inevitable.
"As we enter a new decade – the year 2010 – a clear pronouncement of our likely alien ancestry and of the existence of extraterrestrial life on a cosmic scale."
And `now you know >
Welcome to the Universe
"Isn't it just amazing what a member can learn on the MCF"
4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 03-19-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

Hi Mod `David & Member's

(+ Welcome back home Mod `Michael)

"You are not alone"

All humans are 'aliens from outer space', scientist claims

Humans are all aliens who came to earth from outer space, a leading British scientist has claimed.

Image 1 of 2
Prof Chandra Wickramasinghe said his research showed all humans were aliens.

By Andrew Hough

Prof Chandra Wickramasinghe, of Cardiff University, said new research "overwhelmingly" supported the view that human life started from outside our Earth.

The Astrobiologist said the first "seeds of life" were deposited on our plant from space 3,800m years ago.

He claimed microbes from outer space arrived on earth from comets, which then "multiplied and seeded" to form human life.

His said his evidence, published in Cambridge University's International Journal of Astrobiology, showed humans, and all life on Earth, came from aliens brought to the earth by comets hitting the planet.

"Yes, we are all aliens – we share a cosmic ancestry," Prof Wickramasinghe said.

"Each time a new planetary system forms a few surviving microbes find their way into comets.
"These then multiply and seed other planets."
He added: ""We are thus part of a connected chain that extends over a large volume of the cosmos. Evidence is pointing inexorably in this direction."
Prof Wickramasinghe believes life is transferred from planet to planet over billions of years.
He believes comets hit planets and pushed living matter out into space.
He said some survived and got transferred to new planets over a timescale of millions and millions of years.
But he accepts this model still does not explain how life actually began in the first place.
The professor and his late colleague Sir Fred Hoyle championed the so-cllaed "panspermia" theory from the 1960s.
"Evidence from astronomy overwhelmingly supports the view that life did not start on Earth but was seeded from outside," Prof Wickramasinghe said.
"Although we have no definite knowledge how life started in the first place, once started its spread in the cosmos and survival is inevitable.
"As we enter a new decade – the year 2010 – a clear pronouncement of our likely alien ancestry and of the existence of extraterrestrial life on a cosmic scale."
And `now you know >
Welcome to the Universe
4-Sure
Nope I had no idea!
Thanks for the heads up Space... I just maybe looking at things quite differently from now on!

Old 03-19-2014, 10:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Morning all, not a ton going on here, just work, gat a number of small project to get ready for an inspection we have on next Tuesday,

Old 03-19-2014, 10:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Morning gang. So far, we have another heat wave here. Not sure how long it will really stay, but nice to not be freezing our butts off for a change!

Old 03-19-2014, 12:25 PM

Hello MCF family! Isn't it a great day to be breathing? Not weather wise cause it's raining with 40mph winds here but good still a good day!
Not going to do alot to today maybe put a headlight in the grand am, that's about it. Everyone have a great and safe day!

Old 03-19-2014, 04:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Evening all, Space the class really doesn't pertain to me very much. Only thing that does is temperature regulations. The rest of it is a waste of my time as i dont deal with raw foods, cooking foods, storing them and so on.

Mike, thanks for the input, but i have 4 on my car and a spare primed one that i would have to have painted if needed. That was the end result from my fiasco last year is i got 3 finished caps back and one that is useless. I bought a 4th.

I have a date now, i'll be delivering my 97 its new owner next tuesday.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by TomF106SS
Good Morning,
Yesterday was a bad day for the Monte. I got sideswiped on the way to work. Mushed front fender and destroyed the passenger side mirror.
Driving it home, I forgot how much I use the mirror. Now I have to turn all the way to look what's coming.
Working from home today, got a toothache, waiting for dentist to call back.
Did the trip to the dentist, nice drive. A lot harder with no right mirror,
Got one tooth fixed and one molar pulled out.
Hurried a bit to beat rush hour.
Lot of pain, but now its different pain than when I went in.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, 3/19/2014 >CHECK IN<