Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

warranty rip off

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Default warranty rip off

I bought a 6 year - 100,000 mile extended warranty with my Monte. What a scam, 2 years left, the company (ENCORE) has filed for banruptcy (June 2003) and I just got notified. Went to see my selling dealer, guess what, we can't help you. I love my Monte, but this is the straw that broke the camels back. THIS IS MY LAST GM PRODUCT.

Old 10-21-2005, 06:43 PM
Default RE: warranty rip off

I don't blame you for being pissed. I bought the extended warranty for my truck, I hope they stay in business. I have one question, why are you blaming GM? Is the company affiliated with GM?

Old 10-21-2005, 06:48 PM

hey belive me i feel your pain on this one When i bought my monte i bought the warrenty also due to teh dealer ship swearing several times over that they would cover my car when i got to Germany.

well as time went by i started to reserch the hell out of this and come to find out no they wont cover it here even threw a certifed dealer they will not touch the car here after the factory warrenty runs out. but if you live in Mexico or canida your good to go.

I called the company up and asked what to do about this they told me there is nothing they can do for me I paid cash for it and was out the money. I went back to the finace company and bitched a fiot over this . they went to the extended warrenty co. and got thier money back some how and asked me how i wanted to speend the money weather i wanted a check or if i wanted it added to my bal. on the car. So i had them do the bal. and told them i wanted it as a princapal only payment of 1400.00 so that was a nice ending but still dont help me in a nother 5000 miles when the car breaks and i have to fix it out of pocket.

but it was nice to know i was goign to pay the car off 6 months early

Old 10-22-2005, 01:00 PM

I have been a die hard Chevy fan for 20 years. I have bought 5 new GM vehicles since 1989 and have had to fight with them everytime I have a warranty issue. It doesn't seem to matter what dealer I go to. When I bought my Monte I told them I wanted the best GM warranty available, they sold me this piece of crap and I'm out $1700. My wife is on her 3rd new Chrylser since 1988, never a problem with warranty work, just take it in and it's fixed promptly. Heck we were 700 miles from home and her a/c quit, we didn't mention extended warranty because we thought it was up. We picked up the car 2 days later and our $1100 repair was $25 because they just looked up our VIN and found we still had warranty. Try that with GM, ha ha ha.

Old 10-22-2005, 09:28 PM

see a lawyer, make the dealership back the warrenty or refund the money.

Old 10-24-2005, 03:05 PM

did the stealership sell you the warranty? or did they recommend that company? if so, you may have a case in court.

Old 10-24-2005, 04:25 PM

I had a vehicle with the extended warranty and it got totaled while the waaranty was still good. The bank it was financed through sent me a check for an prorated amount left on the warranty. They told me that was normal practice.

Old 10-24-2005, 11:55 PM

well ive seen them all. the best warranty you can get is gmpp. and to me thats the only ext warranty that should be offered. when i was wrenching if there was an after market conscern most of the time it was a phone battle and most often an adjuster would come out with their little flash lights and say show me. they always second guessed the mechanic they dont know what a balljoint is but when you show them they say there is nothing wrong with it. go figure. if you buy ext warranty buy a gmpp it goes through the system just like a 3 year/ 36 k with no phone calls most of the time and it is usually covered without question.

Old 10-26-2005, 01:40 PM

I bought the warranty with the car, it's right on the bill of sale. I got a letter that I am automatically part of a class action lawsuit. Unfortunatly I am at the bottom of the feeding barrel for any refunds. What really steams me is I asked for the best GM warranty, and they sold me this crap, now it's my word against theirs. I hope my Monte runs forever cause I love it, but it is my last GM product.

Old 10-26-2005, 03:41 PM

i found that the only good thing about a warranty is if your car basically falls apart..ive never used mine, as it came with a 36k b2b, and a 7/100 drivetrain...