Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Veterans Protect a Fallen Soldier's Funeral from Protestors

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up Veterans Protect a Fallen Soldier's Funeral from Protestors

http://www.godvine.com/Christian-Vet...ldier-278.html

Old 03-09-2011, 12:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very cool of them to do that. I just shared this on my FB page. I dont get it anymore, WTF is the matter with people? Has this country gone totally to ****?

Old 03-09-2011, 12:05 PM

Thank you for posting this! I can't understand what these people think they're proving by demonstrating at funerals...all they're stirring up is hatred for themselves.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:46 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

GOD HATES WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH!!!!

These goobers came to North Carolina to protest Elizabeth Edwards funeral back in December. The motorcycle gang thought about coming, but they only do military funeral... a few came as themselves without the crowd, and kept circling the block and holding their engines at like half throttle as they coasted by, while a bunch of us formed a big crowd on an opposite side of a street in favor of Edwards adn against Westboro. We were about a block down from the funeral, and the procession was re-routed around them. Only 5 of them actually showed up, and they had like 15 signs between them. They're good signs too... durable, becuase they use them all the time.

I'm waiting for that person who is terminally ill to go by and just shoot a fwe of themn one day... especially a mother of a fallen troop....

My grandfather was in Korea... he has this hat about Korean War veterans and has all his miniature pins from the war in it. Someone approached him today actually and, they had a foreign accent to him, and were telling him how God hates him for benig proud of killing people and all kinds of crap, and trying to intimidate him beacuse of his hat and his service. My grandfather is 88 years old too. Yet this guy felt the need to harass my grandfather outside a restaurant while he was loading up his little scooter car.

It's one thing to hold such an opinion... it's one thing to go push it in peoples faces. We don't go around with big signs telling Arabs they're oging to hell, or telling anti war-demonstraters they're communist and shoudl leave the country (well, okay, we did do this in the '50s...) but anywho, just crazy stuff.

There was a guy a long time ago who was arrested for stalking WEstboro.. former marine sniper, disabled... used a white van, had a sniper rifle, two pistols, and a AK-47 or something. Wow, crazy stuff.

If it makes you feel better, usually there is a crowd about 30 times larger than Westboro protesting them hwerever they go.. Here are some of their signs... which make more sense, usually

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-3...urch-protest-s

Old 03-09-2011, 08:11 PM

I still don't understand how they connect "America tolerating homosexuality" to soldiers dying in Afghanistan and Iraq...

Old 03-09-2011, 08:22 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

The logic flows like this....

There has been an increase in toleration for "****" over last 20 years in America,
troops are fighting over seas to defend America,
therefore, troops overseas are fighting to defend "****" and are dying as a result.

It's kind of like the argument that abortion causes breast cancer:

A woman who breast feeds is less likely to develop breast cancer,
a woman who gets an abortion does not breast feed,
therefore, a woman who gets an abortion is more likely to develop cancer.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:26 PM

OK, as long as that makes sense to them... It doesn't surprise me though, as people can justify anything to themselves, in their own minds.