Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Vacation

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 08:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Vacation

I just booked us a vacation in Panama City Beach Florida for after Christmas. Anyone been there and have any recommendations for fun? We are going to stay at The Sandpiper Beacon resort. It looks like a fun place with lots to do. I know the weather can be a little chilly but all pools are heated and out of the wind line, Much warmer than Indiana. We usually go to Daytona, but after so many trips, gets kinda boring. Been there done that kinda thing. Ready to get away for a while.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The Ripley's believe it or not Museum is pretty cool. Unfortunately most of the attractions are closed for the season in December. There are plenty of great places to eat tho. Angelo's Steak Pit is a great place for a steak but I think there closed til march. Capt. Anderson's, Pineapple *****'s, Hammerhead Fred's, Sharkey's bar and grill and Pompano's are all great local restaurants. If I think of anything else I let you know. I've been down there about 6 times over the last 14 years.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My grand parents lived in Panama City Florida until they passed away (and some of my cousins used to live there too).
It's a NICE area, changed a lot over the years though. As I recall, there is a strip of amusement stuff (like go-karts, putt-putt, bumper boats). I believe it's on or near Thomas Drive??? Sorry, that's not much help (been YEARS since I have been out there).

One thing I HIGHLY recommend. Look up "The Grand Maze" (or it might be "The Gran Maze").

It's a human size maze with 4 check points in addition to the entrance and exit. It's a LOT of fun (go at night, cooler temps).

Old 12-12-2011, 06:17 AM

Hi 77GP, I have never been 2 that part of the state, but i've heard its a great party spot during spring break.I dont know about during the holidays.Are you driving your S.S.? Wish U a good time.
click below link on party spots beachBumMike

PanamaCitySun.com - Local Nightlife, Bars, Nightclubs & Hotspots In Panama City Beach Florida

Old 12-12-2011, 07:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yes, we are driving the SS. SHould be a good ride. I think we will split it up into 2 days. Only about a 13 hour run but thats along time in the car. I can handle it but wofe and kid get tired of driving. I am sure alot of stuff is down for the season but we will keep ourselves occupied I am sure. Thanks for all the tips.