Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Username

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 06:33 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Username

I thought this would be fun to do and find out about everyone's username. So how did you get your username?

I will start with mine. I got mine from xbox live when I was 15. I did it to copy one of my friends names and make them mad. It did work too, but ever sense I had it, I just kept it as my name for all my accounts.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mine is well, mntecrloss <- think thats a given haha and 47 was the car number bobby labonte drove in NASCAR at that time

Old 04-30-2014, 07:36 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Back in the day Bobby Labonte was one of my favorite drivers - 18 Interstate Batteries car.

I think mine started from when I wanted custom license plates and I came up with AWSM SS 8 (long ago when Jr. ran the #8). Then when the RT 66 plates came out it morphed into AWESM SS.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, Taz is obviously taken from the cartoon character. I realize that Taz was used in a lot of the 6th gen Monte Carlo advertising. But that was just a coincidence. I used the Taz name in a few other forums before I bought my Monte. My personality at the time was much like the personality of the cartoon character. Not so much anymore.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

My username speaks for it self lol

Old 04-30-2014, 09:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Mine goes back to the early-mid 90's and using the ol' dial up BBS (Bulletin Board Systems) before everyone dialed into an ISP like AOL, Prodigy or CompuServe.

I needed a handle/screen name and one that fit with the "computer geek" group of friends I ran with (this story predates the movie "Hackers" which had names like Acid Burn, Serial Killer, The Plague and many other weird code names).
I was trying to come up with something that seemed "clever", unique and could be "long lasting". In desperation, I began sifting through my stacks of floppy disks looking for inspiration and came across a video game that spawned the idea....

Maniac Mansion (I had this game on Nintendo, the Commodore 64 and the DOS platforms, and beat it on each and with multiple different endings).

Ever since, that has stuck with me. Back then, I had zero interest in cars, I was just a huge computer geek. And it carried easily to my car interest

Old 04-30-2014, 10:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Zach:

As you may or may not have noticed... My License Plate.... it reads OSD ...
It directly related to the days when I use to Race many different types of RC's (Radio Controlled Vehicles) Both Gas (Nitro) and Electric..
It stood for One Speed Dave .. (that I used for the longest time on all forums)
It of course related to me in 2 ways...
1) When I was racing them I was always running wide open on the throttle...
2) As an Above knee Amputee.. I can not run... nor walk very far for very long...
Hence the OSD or One Speed Dave.

However,
I no longer Race or own any RC's ... With the Exception of 1 ... Its now a collector piece made by Tamiya..
I got out of it around 2005.. and just kept the same License Plate..

Since joining this forum:
I knew that I needed a new screen name... Considering.. I am an above knee amputee, So I thought STUMP was very fitting considering my situation. and also considereing I'm from Michigan... I thought the MI abbreviation would be a nice touch...
So, I guess you can look at my screen name again 2 ways,
STUMPME or STUMPMI ... Stump from Michigan(Which is my original intention)

Just a little FYI,
I am also changing my license plate ... I ordered it around a week ago and should arrive any day... It will read ... MEANZ34 ...

Attached Thumbnails Username-wp_000461.jpg  

Last edited by STUMPMI; 04-30-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:23 PM

Mine generated a lot of interest on the forum when I first joined. I named the Monte the "Dubstepticon" when my dad bought it for me near the end of my senior year of high school. People said it reminded them of Bubmblebee from the new Transformer movies. Of course, I was flattered, but I always thought that the Decepticons were more badass. Plus I didnt have stripes like Bumblebee. At the time (and I still do!), I listened to a lot of dubstep (a subgenre of electronic dance music). OBSESSED. Being the huge Transformers and dubstep fan, I came up with the ingenious name of Dubstepticon. I was almost "Dubcepticon", a slightly different name. I pride myself on the originality. There's an actual EDM artist eith the name so many of my social media accounts end in the plural "Dubstepticonz". Cheers!

Old 04-30-2014, 11:45 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

You all have great names that all have cool stories. It is interesting finding out how people get their screen names for things especially forums. When I played xbox they mostly had to do with the game they played or something along those lines.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Growing up, I was always called the Blacksheep of the family

Chibi was a nickname that a group of friends gave me, because I was a few years younger than my cousin and we were all in the same group of friends, and they considered me a mini version of him.

BlackSheep was always taken back in the day, so my handle became ChibiBlackSheep and I just use it for everything now lol

Quick Reply: Username