Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

An Update

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default An Update

Hey guys, it's been awhile,

Anyway, I'm in my senior year of college now. Crazy thinking that I joined this board the year before I went to college while researching wheels and other possible changes on the Monte.

Still have the Monte, she's been doing okay. Plenty of little dings that show up after 90k miles. Still get plenty of compliments though. I had a guy the other day in a parking lot stop me when I was backing up to say that I had the nicest looking and sounding Monte that he'd ever seen. I had to have the transmission cooler lines replaced as the started leaking pretty good, ran the transmission pretty low on fluid, not a good thing. The only leak left now is the front main engine seal, not something I can tackle in my garage quite yet and the dealer wants $800 to do it. I'm gonna let that one leak for awhile and I'll just have to keep the oil level up.

Right now she's not as pretty as she was this time last year. I took off the windshield banner because it was getting torn up, I have a replacement that will go back on in the spring. We got a vinyl cutter for our graphics lab at school this last year so I plan on removing the stripes and designing my own. That may not get done for quite awhile yet. Head lights and wheels have also gone back to stock for the winter. After all, the Monte is currently my safest road legal car in the winter.

Here's my photo album for those of you that may have forgotten what my car looks like, or maybe you've never seen it.
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/members/god_bot-2843-albums-garrett-s-2006-3lt-59/

The Porsche. I got the 944 running again this summer, all sorts of engine maintenance had to be done. I can tell you one thing, the 2.5l I4 is a helluva lot easier to work on than the 3.9l V6. I also found out that it has a special ordered paint that was only available in '87, diamond blue metallic or something like that. It's supposed to be grey/silver in the sun, slightly blue in the shape and more purple in the dark, kinda like a pearl paint. Unfortunately it is hard to see due to the fact that the paint is in terrible shape.
Here's the thread with images.
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=16303

I sold the 400ex quad to my mom as she wanted to give it to my little brother. I plan on using the money for a pickup. I purchased a 1990 F-150 that had be sitting for four years with a leaking brake. I've already gone through the 5.0 and got it running, next step is to tackle the brakes and any other drivability issues over Thanksgiving.
Here's some pictures of when my dad and I were working on it. We had our backs to the West so of course a blizzard hit us not long after getting it started.

I've been tossing around the idea of going back to school after graduation for automotive work. I'm pretty sure I'll either stay here in Laramie and attend WyoTech or head to Rapid City and attend the Hot Rod Institute. Either way I could stay involved with cars and be in a job market that is currently more interesting to me than graphic design.

Last edited by God_Bot; 11-19-2010 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Fixed a broken link
Old 11-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Welcome back!

Old 11-19-2010, 09:23 AM

...Hi Garrett & Thanks for your re/introduction & updates...
You sure have some super auto toys 4-Sure...

It's hard to believe that you are a senior in college already..Like your plan to go to a auto school...I think you can combine your college degree within your additional auto school...4-Sure...

We look forward to you taking more breaks & jump'in on2 the MCF with your updates on your Monte/Porche & F`150 : )
Will your little bro still let U `ride ?

We hope we see U again soon...Peace/Happy/Out

Old 11-19-2010, 09:38 AM

He'd better. That was part of the deal with my mom. I sold it to her cheaper than I would anyone else so that it'd stay in the family and I'd get to ride it every once in awhile.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Hey there.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

its funny, i was just wondering if it was snowing in wyoming by you, wasint it last year? nice find on the truck too. paint it black and you would have an almost clone to one i was looking into buying before i fell into my ranger. kool to see ya online again!

Old 11-19-2010, 02:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Whats up man. Long time, no see.