Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

UnOfficial Leave of Absence

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 11:16 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: On Leave of Absence : (

[align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks `Duane, Mod Taz, & Members,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It`s no November Fools, but it sure is a living dream 4-Sure.[/align][align=center]Everything is happening really fast, and time is flying.[/align][align=center]We are super excited, & I am really happy/thankful that[/align][align=center]the `Bum's will be joining me on this major adventure.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We are all going to a orientation class next week, & get our[/align][align=center]passports, medical examinations, work Visa,etc.[/align][align=center]The company will also provide lap tops, but I don`t know[/align][align=center]`if we can use them for personal use, but `if not I will be able[/align][align=center]to afford my own computer & high speed connection.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I also get a great clothing allowance, but it is going to be[/align][align=center]difficult to adjust to wearing business attire : )[/align][align=center]I have to learn how to tie & tie : ) WoW[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below 4 Moderator `Taz[/align][align=center]-Lou-[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]CNN/Money: Global gas prices
The main factor in price disparities between countries is government policy, ... Kuwait, Kuwait City, $0.78. Egypt, Cairo, $0.65. Nigeria, Lagos, $0.38 ...
money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/global_gas prices... - 40k - Similar pages [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Peace/Out[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 11-20-2008, 11:58 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

WB Space.

Your life's plans sound cool. One thing, are there any spare life's plans cause I could sure use one. (a life that is....)

Please tell us you're kidding though. MCF isn't the same without our resident spaceman posting daily.

Take care. RJ

Old 11-20-2008, 12:49 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ah, 'Space, the Passport... the compnay probably is paying for yours but mine cost $92 plus $10 at wal mart for passport photos. It only took about 3 weeks to get to me as well!!! It may be the first time you ever have to swear that you otld the truth too (it was for me )

Be Honest ~ Be Happy

-Duane

Old 11-20-2008, 06:21 PM

well congrats space! hope everything works out well for u over in kuwait (i believe the only country in the world with no property taxes due to the oil) hopefully we get to hear from u when u r over in kuwait because what the hell would we do without u. Tell the beach bums and ur lucky lady i wish u all my best...ps have u ever told us ur real name? it reminds me of findin out where fez is from on that 70s show...they only say it in one episode, i believe in the last one now that i think about it

Old 11-20-2008, 06:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Space, I am SURE going to miss you! PLEASE tell us that with all that $$$ you'll be making over there, that you'll be buying your DREAM Monte, 07 SS 5.3L. I know they got internet over there, so PLEASE keep us updated. Glad to hear you and all your buds and g.f. are going with you. I'm SURE you will miss your Grandpa!

Keep us updated. We will be praying for your safety while over there!

Old 11-21-2008, 05:16 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Duane, Jeremy, Wayne& Members,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center](Thanks 4 your words/posts, we appreciate your concerns/prayers 4-Sure)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We are very fortunate that the company is paying for [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]everything, even housing, plus living expenses.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We are all excited/nervous/scared a little of the unknowns.[X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I was also told that I will be assigned a company vehicle, but[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I don`t know what kind/type.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I should put in a request for a Monte Carlo SS : ) lol [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below is some additional information for those that would[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]like to know more, because you never know what you[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]may learn on the Monte Carlo Forum: )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Living in Kuwait
Key Expatriate Websites and Resources

Business and Economy in Kuwait

Education and Study in Kuwait

Embassies and Consulates

Expatriate Websites and Resources

Government and International Organizations

Housing and Real Estate in Kuwait

News and Media in Kuwait

Recommended Reading on Kuwait

Travel Information for Kuwait[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]Need a `Job ? ? ?[/align][align=center]Check the below Link[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Jobs in Kuwait,Employment Opportunities,Job Search Abroad fo...
Jobs in Kuwait,Employment Opportunities,Job Search Abroad for Americans,Kuwait ... American University of Kuwait Faculty Openings AY 2009-10 (Possibility ...
www.learn4good.com/jobs/language/english/list/co... - 52k - Similar pages
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 11-21-2008, 05:45 AM

[align=center]We all live on one Planet called `Earth.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]As American's/Canadians we can choose to live/work anywhere[/align][align=center]we choose, or are sent to work : )[/align][align=center]I wish that we could all live in[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]For additional Information on where the kid & Bums[/align][align=center]will be working/playing/learning/praying/living `life[/align][align=center]to its fullest [8D][&:][:'(][][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center] Kuwait
Country Specific Information
[/align][ul][align=center]Recent Embassy Notices for American Citizens [/align][/ul]
[ul][*][align=center]Country Description [/align][*][align=center]Entry/Exit Requirements [/align][*][align=center]Safety and Security [/align][*][align=center]Crime [/align][*][align=center]Information for Victims of Crime [/align][*][align=center]Medical Facilities and Health Information [/align][*][align=center]Medical Insurance [/align][/ul]
[ul][*][align=center]Traffic Safety and Road Conditions [/align][*][align=center]Aviation Safety Oversight [/align][*][align=center]Special Circumstances [/align][*][align=center]Criminal Penalties [/align][*][align=center]Children’s Issues [/align][*][align=center]Registration/Embassy Location [/align][/ul][align=center][/align][align=center]September 02, 2008[/align][align=center]COUNTRY DESCRIPTION:[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Kuwait is a small, oil-rich constitutional monarchy with 10% of proven world oil reserves.Foreign workers constitute approximately 90% of the labor force.Kuwaiti citizens constitute only 34% of the country's population of three million, and enjoy the benefits of a generous social welfare system that guarantees employment, housing, education and medical care.Facilities for travelers are widely available.Read theDepartment of State Background Notes on Kuwaitfor additional information[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 11-21-2008, 03:38 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Space,

Please remember to take along plenty of sun tan lotion.

And don't bother bringing any of these things home with you.

Me, I'd run or you might get one of............. these.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:43 PM

You'll be missed around here, be careful, good luck and have fun! Log on when or if you can.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:53 PM

Space sorry I got here late. Life's journey takes many twist and I am awaiting word on wether or not I am in the group of teachers to be laid off. I am so happy for you in this journey. The experience will teach you many great things. I know after my first and only trip abroad I appreciated everything I have a little more. Be safe stay and touch and our prayers are with you. The greatest achievement in life is dreaming big and then having to create new dreams becuase you already reached your old dreams.