Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

A twist on anger

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Default RE: A twist on anger

i appreciate the insight, and being only 21, this may in fact be true, but i know all to well the feeling of time passing fast, with my kid turning a year old this march... its kinda a very sore subject and i try not to bring it up often, i have court the 29th for a custody hearing, and my ex is being a real wench about everything...

Old 01-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Default RE: A twist on anger

ORIGINAL: gale155

For those who don't believe that life is short, just wait a few years - you'll see. In my youth, I recall that "time" seemed to pass at a snail's pace. Sometimes this was a good thing (summers), and sometimes it was bad (school, military, etc).

I don't recall exactly when it happened, but at some point the passage of time seemed to accelerate...perhaps it was in my 40's. Today, at 55, time seems to fly by at an unbelievable pace. I've led an unusually-full life, and have experienced just about everything there is to experience (or at least everything I want to experience). It has been suggested by some that a "full life" can cause the illusion of time passing faster, and I am beginning tobelievethat theoryhas some merit.

I had this same feeling at 25, but it combined with the discovery that there are so many other things I want to do in life and I simply won't have the time. I want to visit most of the countries in Europe and Asia and a few in South America. I want to do a TransAtlantic voyage. Finish visiting all the states in the US. If Lake Winnebago ever cleans up I would like to swim across it.

There is a long list of other things I would like to experiance but I can feel the time crunch coming already at 33.