Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, July 10th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 11:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

1st of all Congrat's on the weight lost WOW! Even better then that is. You were on a cruise ship and still maintained !! Man you have some will power. I would have gained 25 lbs without even trying

Old 07-10-2012, 12:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
1st of all Congrat's on the weight lost WOW! Even better then that is. You were on a cruise ship and still maintained !! Man you have some will power. I would have gained 25 lbs without even trying

Thanks Rick !!! I was Diving or snorkeling or just running around every day on the cruise and they had a great workout area on the ship .That and i did not drink a ton or overeat although what I did eat was great!! I won $750 playing ships Bingo the 1 night that was Cool !!!

Old 07-10-2012, 01:20 PM

1 Year Member

Maybe I should take a cruise then. But after spending time in the Navy. I never wanted to take another cruise. Plus My wife is scared to take one.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:45 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

it was great I did not think I was going to like it but BOY was I wrong ours was with Carnival and the crowd was not too old (slow)or to may kids (under foot) just allot of people from 20 to 60 . The food was great and the service was even better.

We are actually planing for our next one (for our 20th ) since we got back around this time next year we will be in Alaska on that cruise .
All though I don't think there will be very many bikini's on that one !! LOL

Old 07-10-2012, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Blazed SS

Thanks Rick !!! I was Diving or snorkeling or just running around every day on the cruise and they had a great workout area on the ship .That and i did not drink a ton or overeat although what I did eat was great!! I won $750 playing ships Bingo the 1 night that was Cool !!!

Hi Keith, and thanks for the update + pic's & `Vid
Congrat's on your continued loss of weight. I know it can't `be easy, but it's sure worth it for good health. Sounds like you been having a great time Thanks for sharing & don't be a stranger to your Monte Carlo Family
============================================
I just returned from my lunch with my grandfather & had a super time...When we were walking out of the warehouse & he asked me `if I wanted to drive & that when I observed this `Vette like the below sitting in the parking lot

It's one of our neighbor's that goes over to Europe in the summer's; and we have always taken care of his rides while he is gone..We would take his cars out about once a month, so my grandfather decided to drive it up to see me
It's a 2010 Grand Sport with only 2400 miles..My g/father said he might be buying it. (He's owned a lot of Corvettes in his lifetime, but he never keeps them..He gets super deals on them & then someone always comes along & gives him a lot more then he had paid) He then always ends `up using that money to help one of his friends. He the most generous man I've ever met.
The Vette's a automatic, but I really loved driving `it, but I didn't get to really get on it (I wanted to 4-Sure)..

We had a super great time over lunch & just talked about life & he updated me on our BeachBum Friends & Family...It's been a Happy Day 4 me 4-Sure...It was a big bonus to me!

Time just went to fast & I have to get a recharge b-4 I return to work this evening, but I am thankful to have had the chance for our visit and spend some time with the best man I know ~> My Grandfather

I must fade `out, but I wish everyone happy times in their life...Peace/Love/Respect & Happiness to `all from `Space

Last edited by Space; 07-10-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:21 PM

1 Year Member

Space: Sounds like you had a great lunch. And got to drive a VETTE WOW! Great day in FLA. I too just got back from lunch with my Friend aka old Boss. I think I'm going back to work next week. He tried to get me for over and hr to do something I really don't want to do any more. So then he just sat there staring at me. Then said OK OK. How about taking back your old job with the same hrs you had. We talked a little more and I finally said lets do it. PLUS He bought lunch. So I guess I'm in the working class again 3 to 4 nights a week.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:07 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

that is so cool Kid !! I would love to have taken that car to lunch today !!!!
congrats Rick !!! LOL On the free lunch

Old 07-10-2012, 03:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Congrats on the weight loss Keith, sounds like you have it under control and a plan. Stay with it.
Congrats on the Space Ride Space...We could have adriven a new Corvette at the Super Chevy show but my wife just did NOT see the purpose. I said just for the FUN of it.
Congrats on the job Rick, We all need put of the house, at least this is something you choose to do and not have to do.

I am home from work and even though it has cooled down about 10 degrees, it is still hot and my brother is sick, so now Impala work today.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So jealous Space!!! Always wanted to try out a grand sport!

Old 07-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

afternoon all, 89 here this afternoon. Didn't get out on time this morning, we had alot of people helping(though some left early) but we only ended up being a half hour late. Not bad for having a truck that was hours behind.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, July 10th 2012