Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, July 10th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:49 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Im at work today Space & with the right equipment anyone can but the cost of that out weighs the profit margine

Old 07-10-2012, 09:49 AM

Happy New `Day
`Angie
It's great to see you online.
You've been missed & we thought that you may
still be celebrating your birthday.
Wish you a Happy Day - EveryDay
4-Sure

Old 07-10-2012, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Im at work today Space & with the right equipment anyone can but the cost of that out weighs the profit margine

Thanks `Mike for your reply. I going to have lunch with my grandfather 2day & he made mine & the beachbum's surf boards outa fiberglass. I will ask him what he thinks about it. Could they be made of steel or aluminum ?
I will have to take a closer look at the way that NASCAR is making them...I wish I had the talent & time to research more, but I hope that maybe my posts will inspire one of our talented member's...?

Old 07-10-2012, 10:01 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Nascar just uses aluminum angle to make theres so its different than the wbody ones & u can but again gotta have molds & all that

Old 07-10-2012, 10:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Well I'm on a little earlier then yesterday. I had to take my grandson for his golf classes. He's 10 and loves it So while he was doing that. I took a ride looking at a friend of mines Motorcycle. I got to stop that. Everytime I sit on one or take one for a ride. I WANT another one. Well I think i have a job lined up for a couple of nights a week. When I got back from AZ this spring. I went and had lunch with a few friends from my old job. And the overnight manager said then he's like to have me back. I told him I had a few things to take care of 1st. WELL. He called last night and wants to talk to me this afternoon. I think a part time job to get my AZZ out of the house. Just might be what I need till DEC again. Sooo we'll see what happens this aft. Gets BORING just sitting around the Ranch while all your friends are at work. Hope everyone has a pretty GOOD day.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

good Morning EV1...

Hope this post finds ev1 well and happy!

Have a great day now that our weather has finally started to cool off...

Old 07-10-2012, 10:32 AM

Thanks Mike(JG) for your infor & reply...
============================
Hi `StumpMi, & I hope that you are having a great day..
EnJoy 4-Sure
=========================================
Hi `Rick, your online friends are here, and how can anyone get bored on the MCF..
I thought you would enjoy the below...It's from Roger's Corvette's in Orlando, but it sure is a Super Sweet Chevelle 4-Sure...Let us know what you think of it & do you think the price is `right ? Wish you a Super Day

Click the below link 2 C...I couldn't get pic to stick
http://www.rogerscorvette.com/car.php?CarID=2809
^ Click ^
<TABLE border=1 width=500 bgColor=black><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=middle align=center></TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Coupe (36074) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=1 width=500 bgColor=black><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=white align=center>1970 Fathom Blue Chevelle SS 454</TD></TR></TR><TR><TD bgColor=white align=center>Fathom Blue /Black Vinyl , Automatic, 454 Block #289 Casting 1971 Replacement With 4 Bolt Mains, .060 Over Balanced and Blueprinted, 10.5 to 1 Compression, Crane Solid Street Roller Cam, Forged Crankshaft, 7/16 Bolt Rods and AFR 305 Heads, Over $10,000 In Motor Alone(4 Years Old), Correct Turbo 400 Transmission, Correct 3:31 Positraction Dated Rear Axle, Power Steering, Power Brakes, -Correct Fathom Blue, Trim Tag Matched Paint and Interior, 1970 February-March Build Date***Complete Full, Body Off Restoration 12 Years Old, Only 780 Miles Driven Since Restoration, Runs and Drives Like New. ***Exceptionally Nice, Rust Free and Showcar Quality***</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=white align=center>780 Miles .... $39,900 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I just wish I had the time to go over & just see it, & maybe `if my grandfather went with me, they would let us take it for a ride LOL

Last edited by Space; 07-10-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Hi `Rick, your online friends are here, and how can anyone get bored on the MCF..
I thought you would enjoy the below...It's from Roger's Corvette's in Orlando, but it sure is a Super Sweet Chevelle 4-Sure...Let us know what you think of it & do you think the price is `right ? Wish you a Super Day

Click the below link 2 C...I couldn't get pic to stick
http://www.rogerscorvette.com/car.php?CarID=2809
^ Click ^
<TABLE border=1 width=500 bgColor=black><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=middle align=center></TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Coupe (36074) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=1 width=500 bgColor=black><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=white align=center>1970 Fathom Blue Chevelle SS 454</TD></TR></TR><TR><TD bgColor=white align=center>Fathom Blue /Black Vinyl , Automatic, 454 Block #289 Casting 1971 Replacement With 4 Bolt Mains, .060 Over Balanced and Blueprinted, 10.5 to 1 Compression, Crane Solid Street Roller Cam, Forged Crankshaft, 7/16 Bolt Rods and AFR 305 Heads, Over $10,000 In Motor Alone(4 Years Old), Correct Turbo 400 Transmission, Correct 3:31 Positraction Dated Rear Axle, Power Steering, Power Brakes, -Correct Fathom Blue, Trim Tag Matched Paint and Interior, 1970 February-March Build Date***Complete Full, Body Off Restoration 12 Years Old, Only 780 Miles Driven Since Restoration, Runs and Drives Like New. ***Exceptionally Nice, Rust Free and Showcar Quality***</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=white align=center>780 Miles .... $39,900 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I just wish I had the time to go over & just see it, & maybe `if my grandfather went with me, they would let us take it for a ride LOL
HI Space: LOL I don't get bored on here. . But I can spend all day on here. Once the weather cools off a bit then I'll go outside. I hate all that Humid weather we've been having. I couldn't live where your at cause of that. Thats why I like Phoenix during the winter time. There during the winter monts its around 10% during the day. Thats dry! Getting to the Chevelle. Thats a bit high as far as i'm concered. Maybe more like $ 25 to$ 28,000. It;s a very nice car. But the market isn't back there yet. You can find a lot of nice Chevelles on line. Plus looks like a dealer is selling his car for him. So that jacks up the price also. Look at the Barett- Jackson and there another one thats on TV. Some of the cheaper NICE cars are going for $15,000 to $ 25,000 that are GREAT looking cars. I seen some at B. Jackson this yr that were very nice looking. NOT Total show cars but drivable Hot Rods that were priced right.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:08 AM

Thanks `Rick for your reply & thoughts. I thought the price was alittle `high, but it's a great looking ride for sure..

My grandfather just got here, and I just finished my shift, so I will have to continue my words later. I'm happy to see him & I'm buying him lunch 2day

Wish everyone a Super Afternoon & Day...EnJoy..
Keep the Blog & forum active & give everyone something to see & read...Peace/Out from `Space

Old 07-10-2012, 11:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey all It has been a while thats for sure !! I hope all is well with you ?
Back from vacation and doing good I am down 88 lbs and that is even after a long Vacation on a Cruise ship for 10 days . here is a before pic

and a after
I s

I still want to loose 72 more by next spring
I have gotten my 5k time down to 25min so that is good (last 1 on the 4th )
The Monte is doing good I just got 2nd place at the last show
Here is a you tube vid i did swimming with Sharks while on vacation !!
Swimming with 6' 12' sharks off the coast of Honduras with Dawn - YouTube

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, July 10th 2012