Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hey everyone. i finally had to pick up a snow shovel for the first time. we got about 3 inches last night and 3+ more tonight....then friday more snow.

looks like winter finally showed up

Old 01-17-2012, 06:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Seattle mike I made one of those too. Mine was for my scanner tho. no transmitting. I had it about 20 feet up and it picked up the next two counties.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:15 PM

Drew I read your response about the battery for Brooke's phone. I did misunderstand the type of phone so my first assumption was correct that it is a cell phone. Anyway the battery that I got on Amazon is a new battery. The offered both new and used. The battery for my BB at Verizon was over 40.00 and I think I got the one delivered from Amazon for well under ten. I just figured it was worth a shot. Just need the number ot the battery.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Long and interesting story Gregg. Hope life is much better for you now. One thing for certain, what goes around, does come around! I have been waiting to see some of it come around at my work. I been there going on 17 years and I have seen it a few times.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Angie, where is said 03 Monte located?

It's in Valley Park, on Marshall Road near 6th St. I wouldn't have known it was there except last year they towed my husband's car there when an older person ran into him. His car was totaled. They don't have a lot of cars on the property (maybe 50) but it's fun to drive by and look. This is the first time I've seen a Monte there.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
hey everyone. i finally had to pick up a snow shovel for the first time. we got about 3 inches last night and 3+ more tonight....then friday more snow.

looks like winter finally showed up
Cheer up. Groundhog day is Feb. 2nd, just a couple of weeks away and spring comes on March 20, at least on the calendar. If that's not soon enough it is spring here in Florida. LOL.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:46 PM

[quote=Ricks 2006 SS;406843]See if it has canutin valve??.

Step-child: Your knowledge knows no bounds. I've never run across a man who knew so much about cars, and liked to tell people about it. To be helpful, of course. Tonight I have only one question for you: what exactly is a canutin valve? Does it connect to the nutin?

I know you're a very wise and busy man, but please take the time to answer this question so I can sleep tonight. It's just wonderful the way you reach out to those of us on the Forum and share your immense wisdom with all.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:47 PM

Well when the storms rolled through (around 1400) it was in the mid 60s. It's now almost 1900 and it's 39 degrees. Supposed to get down to mid to upper 20s before the temp starts dropping. I don't like this. At least I'll be at work and indoors the whole time.

Guess I'll get dressed and head into work. Hopefully things run smoothly unlike last night.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Cheer up. Groundhog day is Feb. 2nd, just a couple of weeks away and spring comes on March 20, at least on the calendar. If that's not soon enough it is spring here in Florida. LOL.
the faster it goes by the better. That damn groundhog always predicts 6 more weeks of winter. I am really looking forward to March. I cant wait to get back outside.

well i am off to the garage to ride on my trainer. I will be on later. the girlfriend has EMT class tonight so i have lots of bloggin time

Old 01-17-2012, 06:52 PM

Amy, I love the keychain with the Knight's Crest. I knew my fellow Monte lovers would give me some ideas for the salvage yard. It should be fun to look over the car and find out why its there. From the street I didn't see any obvious damage. Hope it doesn't belong to one of the people working there. They might not appreciate it if they catch me crawling around the car with a pair of pliers, dismantling as I go.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, January 17, 2012