Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

TOTALED!!! Before I could even post any pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Photobucket

Bowtie, I drive all over. I have even been to Ohio and back with my car.
And yes, duquesne is NUTSO!!! I will agree. That part of the city only EVER has two cops on duty (unless there is a shooting), I have to WAIT til tomorrow to get the report, it's crazy!! And the BLVD near kennywood is full of people who either do not know how to drive, or do not care and drive faster than the posted speed limit EVEN in a torrential downpour!

that is considered a 4 lane road, 2 in either direction. You are not supposed to be backing up on that road, especially not into another lane of traffic. No matter where you are. It's just stupid.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yea, hate to say it, but there is way more damage than insurance will pay to fix....My insurance just told me that the damage need to be 70% or less of the cars value or its totaled...that would give you $1,820 for damages that insurance would fix...by the looks of it, you have more than $1,820 in damage...That sucks, again sorry for your loss!

Old 07-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Photobucket

Michael... thanks for that valuable information. I hope they're also not going to try give me 70% of the retail value. I want what it's worth. I want what it will cost me to replace my car with another good running monte carlo in the same year range. I will not drive anything else. I loved that car. It makes me sick just looking at it.

Don't get me wrong. I am also saving my money to put that WITH the insurance money. I should also get pain and suffering... that car was VERY sentimental to me, it was my life. It got me back and forth to my job without complaint, it was a VERY reliable automobile, and the very thing that SAVED MY LIFE.

I'm stressed out right now, I'm afraid I'm going to lose my job if they won't cover my rental and I can't get to work. I will NOT make my dad drive his Boss Mustang that is worth oodles of money to his job in an unsecure parking lot even though HE WOULD becuase I'm his little girl and he doesn't want to see ME suffer.

What am I going thru right now? I'm afraid things aren't going to be covered. I haven't eaten anything without throwing it right back up with this stress that I'm under... I can't afford ANY of this right now thanks to my divorce.

I want MONEY. I'm in so much pain I can't even see straight. It hurts to lay down and sleep anywhere but in a chair.

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and their advice as well.... it really means a lot to me even though we've all never met, we have one thing in common, and that is the undying love and passion for a machine that most people will NEVER in their lives understand. And there is no other love in the world like it (unless you're married). It's unconditional.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:05 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by JJsRYD

If you decide to sue him, dont let him try to pull on your hearstrings with crap like " But if i get sued, i wont have enought money for my family". Blah, BLah, Blah. He should have thought about that before he got behind the wheel. Not counting that fact that you might have been killed, it could have been worse. You could have been paralyzed from the neck down. You never know.
Don't forget....................

I sued a one-armed grandma. (NO. Not a slot machine)

I mean a woman with her left hand missing.

HEY. She sent me to the hospital in a helicopter!!!

She came sliding up behind me while I was setting waiting on on-coming traffic. I'll bet she was on her cell phone cause she acted guilty when I asked if she had one. I told her, "Call 9-1-1."

She said, "How do you do that?" (I'm not joking here)

I said, "Dial 9-1-1. They'll answer."

H3ll yes I sued her. She damaged my car, sent me to hospital, and generally screwed my life up. Why shouldn't I deserve some restitution?

Old 07-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Photobucket

Rj... you have GOT to be kidding me.... that's the funniest shiznit I've heard all day.

SO I got my rental. a 2008 nissan sentra PUKEMOBILE... I WANT MY MONTE CARLO BACK!!! this thing has absolutely NO GUTS, you push it up a hill and it's like listen to that rubberband go.... This freakin SUCKS!!

I only have liability so I won't get pain and suffering, but I am SURE I can almost sue him and his insurance company but it REALLY isn't worth going through all this. my back is feeling better, my neck... not so much but nothing is BROKEN, it's just sore. My fingers...kinda numb... but nothing is pulled, it's just trauma. I mean I want money... but... why waste my time? I work, and I don't want to pay some bloodsucking leech of a lawyer 50%.

Just replace my car, and don't you ever hit me again, cuz next time I'm comin at your *** with a baseball bat.

I was also told I can negotiate with nationwide what they'll give me for an insurance check. My 98 had about 181K on her... I think she's worth about 3 grand....because that's what it will cost me to purchase another vehicle.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:39 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member

i disagree with you.

you will get pain and suffering. you need to go to a hospital and get it checked out. whiplash usually takes about 3 days to fully set in and can damaging effects later in life. yes, hospital bills may start coming but tell them to wait till the settlement is done. a lawyer generally takes 30%, so if you get his policy limits of 15,000......thats $10,000 minus whatever the hospital bills are. thats a lot of money.
they judge what the settlement amount is based on medical bills then then times that by 2 1/2 times to get a full settlement amount. for instance, my medical bills for my accident i had was $7,300 X 2 1/2 = $18,250
his policy limits he had was only $15,000 so i sued his insurance for the full amount and got it.

trust me, its worth it.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:59 AM
Photobucket

Thanks super. Want your car btw. Actually, I want any car other than what I'm driving.

The thing is... i went to the hospital right after the accident. do I need to do any follow up?

Old 07-21-2009, 02:52 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member

you need to keep all documents for sure, especially any bills paid out of pocket. next, find a lawyer that deals with car accidents, or ask a few friends see if they know a good one that knows the insurance tricks. dont let the lawyer take any more than 50%, nothing up front. make him work for the dollars. if you feel ANY, and i mean any pain anywhere else in your body, get it looked at. its your health, dont let someone elses screw up cost you 10 years down the road. get it fixed now. when you went to the hospital and got checked out, what did they do to you, and what did they recommend next??
whiplash can lead to serious spinal injuries, i've seen a few good cases being an EMT. make a log of pain, update it daily and timelog it. the more proof you can show them, the better your result will be.

Thanks for the props on the car, i should'nt have ever had it. but the accident i was in took away my volvo, and gave me $2,700 to put as a down payment of my next car. never in my life did i plan on buying a monte carlo...it was actually planning on buying a supercharged G6 but they wouldnt come down in price. got in my rental, drove around town to find dealers...found a chevy dealer and they had 4 levels of used cars, and the dude wouldnt give up on selling me my monte....finally caved and test drove it. $85 dollars cheaper on the payment later im driving it home.

as much as i hate those stupid looking headrest in volvo's, that headrest saved me a lot of pain, and i am a firm believer in airbags now, even if it burned my nose and arm a little.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Photobucket

Supersport... I shouldn't have ever had my monte carlo either. I had a 2009 G6 that my ex husband had gotten repoed.. he lives on the other side of the country I moved back home with my parents. I got a job that I couldn't take a bus to (I'm normally a work in the city kind of gal so why own a car?), and my dad pulls up on a sunday in my 98 monte. Sure she was wrecked, but we fixed her up real good. Pulled the frame, bought a new fender and hood, all that. HE HIT ME SO HARD MY HEADLIGHTS POPPED OUT! They're dangling by the wires....

I'm really not feeling any more pain to be honest with you. They took about ten X rays and nothing was broken, I was a little stiff (those backboards are NOT comfortable) but nothing cracks when I move anymore and the finger tingling went away. The airbags in my monte carlo did not deploy... probably because of rear impact.

I want another monte carlo. I'm afraid they're going to give me some ridiculously low figure as to what she's worth and I'm sorry, she's worth much more than that to me. She was the first car I ever bought myself on my own with nobody's help, the first thing I did since my divorce. She was a damn good running car... started up and ran with no problems, didn't leak anything, ok so the AC didn't really work who cares, no tranny issues, that engine was clean.

They come at me with some figure like 700 dollars and THEN i will get my lawyer. I can't buy a car with that. Certainly not one that runs as good as she did.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:13 PM
rj
15 Year Member

If you feel "Other" then normal you need to be checked by a doctor. Whiplash can cause nerve damage and possibly affect you the rest of your life.

Other things besides nerve damage, you could possibly have herniated disks. Either in your neck or your back, or both. I've been dealing with herniated disks in my neck for 8.5 years now. Since my first accident. It was a head-on. The second one where I got rear-ended cause more damage to my already ailing neck. I've been told another trama to my neck "MAY" cause me to be paralyzed from the neck down.

I'd have surgery to replace the disks, but I'd have to kill my supervisor first. So I can have the surgery. He will use my adsents as an excuse to send me to night shift, OR ............. fire me. So before I can have this surgery he needs to leave and go to another building.

AS was posted you need medical evidence you were at a doctor's or hospital for this injury. In this day and age they make it so you HAVE to hire a lawyer or to them you're lying about any injury. A lawyer will get 1/3 or any settlement you get and most don't collect till you do. So if you get nothing, they get nothing. (and none of them want that)

Quick Reply: TOTALED!!! Before I could even post any pics!!