Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

TOTALED!!! Before I could even post any pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Photobucket
Default TOTALED!!! Before I could even post any pics!!

Well... You read it here folks. Carla is totaled as of yesterday. I was heading to work and got rearended by some idiot who obviously wasn't paying attention... there I was on a 2 lane highway both lanes in the same direction, and a taxicab decides to pull an illegal u turn. I of course slam on my brakes to avoid an accident (and there was NOBODY behind me at the time I checked my mirrors really quick to decide to either slam on the brakes or swerve into the grass in the middle THEN stop) because the taxi cab decides to BACK UP into my lane. Almost about a good 5-10 seconds later BAM. My trunk is crushed (however the bumper supports are still straight!!) my taillights are demolished, my quarter panels are rumpled, and this truck hit me so hard my driver's side seat broke and FELL into the backseat. I also think my gastank ruptured.

He told the officer "I SAW HER STOP... but I couldn't stop because of the rain"

sounds like he needed new brakes to me. Oh well... he better have good insurance because he is going to be buying me another monte carlo and paying me for the days I missed off work. I Have pictures, I'd even post them.... but looking at them still makes me cry. I loved that car. She was my first car after my divorce, the thing that I did on my own and by myself with nobody's help. Now here I am starting off at square one AGAIN.....

Old 07-18-2009, 11:18 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Are you okay?

A crash like you describe certainly sounds like neck injuries happened.

Whiplash can show up several days later when being rear ended like this. Please take it easy and if you have any stiffness or pain see a doctor asap.

Sorry to hear about this Monte. Hopefully the insurance won't jerk you around. (not likely though)

Old 07-18-2009, 11:26 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Thats terrible, I hope this all works out!

Old 07-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Photobucket

I have neck injuries, yes I am stiff. Laying on my recliner on my laptop...ahh the beauty of wifi!!! I LOVED my car.... my poor BABY!!!! I'm pulling the pictures off my phone as we speak..... It still makes me cry. I was stopped completely... and I get rear ended because I was avoiding hitting another vehicle YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BACK UP INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC ON A 2 LANE HIGHWAY... are you CRAZY?? Somebody COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!!! Like me.

I am so GLAD to be alive, but MAN.... now what the hell am I gonna drive??? I can't afford to miss any time from work for this because I WILL get fired, esp for not having reliable transportation I mean come on that's irresponsibility on my part... but the thing is I only had limited liability because my monte was only worth about 2g's...

Old 07-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Photobucket

That's the Rear End..... (MY POOR CAR!!!)

Yeah... SOMEBODY wasn't paying attention and it DAMN SURE wasn't me.... yes she's rusty... she's old...

Old 07-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

that sucks big time, if i remember right a rear -end collision is supposed to ALWAYS be whoever rear - ended you's fault, maby you could get a loyer and get in contact with the guy with the trucks insurance and tell them that you might have wiplash, and that you will take them to court over this, and talk about getting a small setalment that can cover a new 5th gen monte / your insurance / any other stupied things that might come up. fight tooth and nail for what you deserve.

good luck

Old 07-18-2009, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by moonlitmagik
She was my first car after my divorce, the thing that I did on my own and by myself with nobody's help. Now here I am starting off at square one AGAIN.....
I know EXACTLY how you feel man, my heart goes out to you bro.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:20 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I'm so glad you are OK! I am sooo sorry about your monte - those pics make me want to cry too.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:21 PM

Holy.. that is alot of damage... hope you feel better, and get another monte... if that happened to me it probably would crossed my mind to get out and beat the crap outta the person that hit me

Old 07-18-2009, 01:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by moonlitmagik

That's the Rear End..... (MY POOR CAR!!!)

Yeah... SOMEBODY wasn't paying attention and it DAMN SURE wasn't me.... yes she's rusty... she's old...
OMG!!!!

We just cringed when we saw the pics. I would hire me a lawyer and sue the crap out that guy. First for not paying attention to the road, and if its true what you said about his brake, for driving an unsafe vehicle. I would contact either your or his insurance company about getting a loaner car to get you around to work AND the Dr. His insurance would have to pay for it.

If you decide to sue him, dont let him try to pull on your hearstrings with crap like " But if i get sued, i wont have enought money for my family". Blah, BLah, Blah. He should have thought about that before he got behind the wheel. Not counting that fact that you might have been killed, it could have been worse. You could have been paralyzed from the neck down. You never know.

Quick Reply: TOTALED!!! Before I could even post any pics!!