Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

TOTALED!!! Before I could even post any pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 02:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That blows....sorry to hear that!

Old 07-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Photobucket

Thank you to everybody who commiserates with me!!! I am saying big prayers for my monte family that NOBODY gets into any fender benders over the weekend!!!

The bad side... I ONLY OWNED THIS CAR FOR 2 MONTHS!!!

Ryan: I am in contact with a lawyer. However, with my car having been previously wrecked when I purchased it, even though I paid to have the frame pulled, the hood and fender is OBVIOUSLY a different color than the rest of the body.... and she ALSO has 181K on her.. I'm afraid they're going to lowball me and the insurance company will only pay very little if nothing... and if he doesn't have insurance... OR ENOUGH INSURANCE... because I only have LIMITED LIABILITY (if you're in PA you know what I'm talking about) I'm going to get JACK SCHITT! And then the lawyer is going to take HALF of that, leaving me with NOTHING!

I dont CARE about his family. I CARE ABOUT ME AND MINE. I will GET MINE. I want a 5th gen, it absolutely HAS to be white (or blue... or black... anything but red) and it HAS to be in as GOOD if not BETTER shape than mine. HE HIT ME at 55 MPH ON A 35 MPH ROAD... as I WAS STOPPED to let some ******* who decided they wanted to pull an ILLEGAL U TURN on a 2 lane highway TO BACK INTO MY LANE and block me.... I HAD MY HAZARD LIGHTS ON!! Like hello do you NOT see me?

My car is only worth about 2 g's.... I wonder what I can get.... because I wasn't adequately covered I only had liability because I AM NOT IN THE HABIT OF CAUSING ACCIDENTS OR BEING IN THEM... and have an absolutely SPOTLESS driving record since I was 16 (and I am now 28!).

FWIW... I am female. I don't know if that makes a difference....

Old 07-19-2009, 01:28 AM

Damn, sorry to hear that.

I hope things work out for you.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:37 AM

Sorry to hear about that. I would cry if some hit my monte for sure. Your car can be repaired, atleast it wasnt the engine. Though it depends on how much you car to spend on fixing vs finding a different car. Remember Love is more valuable than anything

Old 07-19-2009, 01:45 AM
Photobucket

Pink... do you think it can be repaired??? If it can be repaired I will go for it... carla is my baby.

But if I can score a 2000's monte for the same price....... I might have to give her up. The thing is, if the insurance company cuts me a check I can't really refuse right now because I am BROKE.... and my dad is pretty sure they're gonna total it....

Old 07-19-2009, 01:52 AM

real sorry to hear about that.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Not saying this in a bad way...but given the pictures of your car, and the year of it...I'm with your dad, I think its totalled...Go get yourself a nice 6th gen and get us pics ASAP!

Trust me, I feel your pain...my Monte is in the shop as we speak for an accident, and I was really worried it would be totalled, but thankfully its not, it will be fixed. I know what it feels like to have a wrecked Monte Carlo baby, and yes it totally sucks!

Old 07-19-2009, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by moonlitmagik
Pink... do you think it can be repaired??? If it can be repaired I will go for it... carla is my baby.

But if I can score a 2000's monte for the same price....... I might have to give her up. The thing is, if the insurance company cuts me a check I can't really refuse right now because I am BROKE.... and my dad is pretty sure they're gonna total it....
Yes it can be fixed. Parts from 5th gen. montes are usually available from junk Yards easily. Though your title is a different story. I bought my monte in Pa as a "rebuild Title". The guy before me side swiped a tree in the winter time. If it werent for the orange peel on the door (I didnt paint it) I wouldn't of been able to tell. Backs are much better than the front, though still have frame checked. People by salvaged vehicales all the time and fix them up and sell them. They're great cars and there are ones that I've seen waaaay worse than yours. You can always take the check and buy a beater and fix the car your self. At the same time your learning, still have your love and saving money. Before I got Lucy I checked this site religiously for a monte.

http://www.erepairables.com/search/b...lo/page_1.html

Last edited by PINKFLOYD_; 07-19-2009 at 02:38 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:17 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member

i feel your pain. literally. october 2007 i was t-boned driving my fully loaded 1 year old volvo s80 twin turbo. loved that car so much. car got totaled. (you know its bad when after the accident you go to put your car in park, and its already jammed in park from the accident i didnt have any pain, and the driver only spoke chinese. he decided that it was my fault he ran the red light and told his wife to fake an injury. they took her away, cops reviewed the cameras in the intersection and ruled 100% in my favor. thats what he gets for trying to get money out of me. his wife was not hurt at all, nor was he. didnt feel pains right away, but after a week or so my right leg had huge pain spurts down it, couldnt touch my toes anymore. the accident gave me a herniated disk in my back, pinching a nerve in my leg. had to get a cortizone shot in my back and 1 month of rehab for it. i got a laywer who is a friend of mine, sued his insurance for the max amount (he had the lowest insurance coverage that is legal in california for personal injury, $15,000). took about 8 months, but i got a check for 12,500 from my lawyer (he took 2,500). also got 12,000 for my volvo (paid 12,000 for it, had it a year, owed 9,400 on it) so i got a sweet downpayment for my 03 SS and paid my medical bills and other bills with my settlement check. the most important thing is to be persistant and get a SMART laywer. dont settle for less. the crappy this is, in my case i'm persuing a career as a firefighter and now i've had a back injury, plus elbow surgery. i still have minor lingering pain, but i know departments that have ruled people out for less. having that extra money to play with is good, but it could've cost me my career choice i've trained for 3 years to get

Old 07-19-2009, 07:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Unfortunately, i think its going to be totaled. The insurance company will see it like this.

It takes:

X amount of dollars for the parts.
X amount for the shop cost Cutting off the old parts and welding it back together to safety standards.
X amount for paint and blending the paint.
X amount for clear coat.

and so on, and so forth.

You have to remember that even though it was hit in the back and it looks like there is no frame damage, they have to cut alot off the car to get it ready for it to receive the new piece. Even the new piece has to be trimmed and measured just to get it ready to be welded on to the car. That takes time. And the shops charge by the hour.

The bottom line is that they are going to see how much would the car costs blue book compared to the cost of repairing it. Then decided if its worth to THEM ( the insurance company ) to fix it or just total it out.

Quick Reply: TOTALED!!! Before I could even post any pics!!