Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

ticket

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 03:42 AM
1 Year Member
Default ticket

well the new city cop liked my monte. so much so he gave me a ticket for reckless driving in the wa-mart lot for trying to beat the light. got to go to court the 17th of april. my first ticket in 10 yrs. nice man $2,500. fine 6 points off of my license

Old 03-21-2014, 08:19 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

waaaaaaa 2500$ thats crazy

Old 03-21-2014, 08:48 AM

Every time I travel through VA. I get stopped for speeding. They don't even let you off for 5 mph over the limit. Got my radar detector taken away and a ticket for using it. The ticket was only $35 court cost brought it over just over $100.
I understand they even give other cops tickets for other states.
Wish when I drive South I could jump right over VA

Old 03-21-2014, 10:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by rumpfox
well the new city cop liked my monte. so much so he gave me a ticket for reckless driving in the wa-mart lot for trying to beat the light. got to go to court the 17th of april. my first ticket in 10 yrs. nice man $2,500. fine 6 points off of my license
Sounds like you should have stopped for the Light!
specially knowing what there like in your state...

1 thing your forgetting about....
You car insurance is going to skyrocket! If your convicted...even if they lower it to careless.. It will still go up... I highly Recommend you get a Lawyer to fight it for you.. otherwise... youll pay that higher rate for at least...The next 10 yrs!... Just a little FYI!

They may even drop you...
If so.. then youl have to get underwriters insurance..Thats even more expensive yet..

Don't mean to throw the negative out there...
This is what happens..unfortunately... for driving irresponsibly..
Be thankful...you didn't cause an accident running that light.

Last edited by STUMPMI; 03-21-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:41 PM
1 Year Member

stumpi your talking like i'm some 18 year old kid. i'm 57 and no i didn't blow the light at 100mph. like i said frist ticket in 10 years and my ins. gives you forgivness on your first violation every 3 yrars. have had ins. with them since 97.anyway that was another reason i got out of hot cars. every time i would take my car out i would get stopped for some bull**** reason. it took the cop 10 min. to finally pull me over and give me the big talk and really went ape**** when i had a license in 2 states have had since 97. if you own property in a state you are intitaled to a license in that state for id purposes. a w.va. state trooper told me this. he said he didn't care how many lisence i had mcic could check them all/

Old 03-22-2014, 09:04 PM

Since when is trying to run a light "reckless driving?" In Ohio its failure to obey a signal and is just a regular old fine. Like 200 bucks depending on the city. Plus with you pulling out of parking lot there really isn't a speed limit to enforce as its private property and they can't enforce laws on private property.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by rumpfox
stumpi your talking like i'm some 18 year old kid. i'm 57 and no i didn't blow the light at 100mph. like i said frist ticket in 10 years and my ins. gives you forgivness on your first violation every 3 yrars. have had ins. with them since 97.anyway that was another reason i got out of hot cars. every time i would take my car out i would get stopped for some bull**** reason. it took the cop 10 min. to finally pull me over and give me the big talk and really went ape**** when i had a license in 2 states have had since 97. if you own property in a state you are intitaled to a license in that state for id purposes. a w.va. state trooper told me this. he said he didn't care how many lisence i had mcic could check them all/
Noo That's not what I was tring to say..

I was merely making a point of what can happen...
It was by no means meant as personal attack in any way shape or form..
Just goes to show you...
Anything is possible at any age... (I'm 60)
I'm sure we have all done it...
Since Michigan commands you have No-Fault insurance...(That's where I live) The fines for reckless driving..including losing your drivling privledges.... Constitutes reinstatement fees, Higher insurance due to the conviction... If by chance you live in the city of Detroit.... Insurance rates are doubled..due to high auto theft, car jackings etc... Thus you best get an attorney should you receive a ticket like that here in Michigan.

I'm not familiar with the laws in your state... But it certainly doesn't sound like an area of your state that I would have to be looking over my shoulder as the cops are so willing to charge you with such a severe ticket.. VS ... a running a red light.... Seems rather harsh to me!

Please accept my apology as I wasn't/didn't mean to make it sound like I was attacking you personally...

Nice 4th Gen by the way... I like it to...
But I wouldn't give you a reckless ticket for driving it...lol
Good Luck, Hope you beat it in court with no ill reflections on your record.

Last edited by STUMPMI; 03-22-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:51 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

Man that really sucks, hopefully you can fight that and get something less than that.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Most tickets are really a victimless crime, it's all about the money. My brother was a police officer in Springfield, Ill. where we grew up. I used to ride round with with him when I came home on leave from the army. We would blow so many red lights, do other crazy thinds, it was too funny.

But back to the issue here. He told me it is expected for cops to write tickets, kind of pay their way for the month. They are frowned upon if their quota's are not met and your not being a team player. He told me " Greg, do you know how many tickets I write a day? Do you know how many officers are on the Springfield police department? Do you know how many cities there are in the state of Illinois? Were making millions writing tickets, and most are for victimless crimes".

And I guess thats the crust of the whole ticket writing game. In many cases there is no real victim, no big foul commited, no earth shaking situation that really demands you be reprimanded or financially punished. It's about making money for the system, it keeps them afloat, justifies their jobs, and buys them new cars and all their new toys. Notice how most of the cops today look like they are dressed for close quarter combat.

Out here in Nevada there are some sheriffs who are shaking down travelers under the guise of some petty you did not signal for 3 seconds before you changed lanes etc. And will question them about how much cash they are carrying, and have actually confiscated quite a few peoples money under the "get this" they suspect you may do something illegal with it. LOL

I would hate to live ina reas with crazy cops, Utah cops seem pretty chill over all.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow thats a ridiculous fine!! here it is failure to obey a traffic signal as well. i would be fighting this for sure!!

Quick Reply: ticket