Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday, December 15, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 10:42 AM

Thank you Keane for starting our daily blog. I am sorry to hear that your mom is losing her job. Look at it as a new adventure for your mom. The last time I lost my job I thought it was horrible. If I had not lost that job I would not have the job I have now. The job I have now is the best one I have ever had. I also have never made this kind of money before and never had a job that ended when I punched the time clock. My other jobs had more responsibility and worries. I am glad those belong to someone else.
Taz I am glad that you are getting a Christmas vacation. Vacations are important to allow us to unwind and just chill. Enjoy your time off.
Space it is good to see you on line again. You talk about beach bum Mikes car but you have not said what it is? Does he have a space ship too? Lol. Any word on when you get your puter back with its new keys?

Old 12-15-2011, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Space it is good to see you on line again. You talk about beach bum Mikes car but you have not said what it is? Does he have a space ship too? Lol. Any word on when you get your puter back with its new keys?

Hi Gregg & Member's,
BeachBum`Mike has a 06 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 3.8L 5 spd. I thought I posted it before...We just finished the `job (new brakes/front rotors turned & oil/filter changed with Mobil `1.
LOL, it's his highway SpaceShip .

No word on my computer I don't understand how some people stay in business ? I need a new one, but there are other priorities that need my $'s..So, I shall be patience & test that virtue
Thanks for asking + all your contributions to the MCF : )
=========================================
`Keane, it's great to read that someone is taking over the business, and I hope that your mother keeps her position & also maybe some good benefit's. Thanks again for starting our day...U did SuperSuper : )...

I'm exhausted & have 2 `be back 2 work @ 7PM, so I'm fading `out & hope to catch everyone soon...

Wish everyone a super day ~> EnJoy
Peace Out from `Space

Old 12-15-2011, 12:49 PM

[QUOTE=Possum;391895]
Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Good morning everybody. It is good to see Rick and Angie on the blog today. Seems odd they both played hookey on the same day. LOL.

Yes it does seem odd that we both played hookey on the same day. And now we're talking about a meet-up this weekend with car friends. Is something going on here that you guys haven't been told about???

I don't think so, mister!
I wouldn't presume to suggest that anything is going on. It just wouldn't be nice.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, I am headed out to garage to change my oil while its warm. Don't really feel the mood, been out shopping with the wife for Christmas. Just about have it wrapped up.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

afternoon all. Not getting much done today, slept in since i didn't get to bed until almost 3, getting up at 9 just isn't feasible anymore. Ran 1 errand to lowe's and holy cow did it take me forever. Between traffic and all the construction its rediculous.

Theres a road here being converted from an NY Route into I-86 and they're doing alot of revamping to the highway. One thing being they're building a giant interchange i town. Where they're making it looks just terrible now. They bought out all the businesses there and knocked em down and they've been taking down trees like crazy. I'm not a tree hugger or anything but it just looks terrible. Used to be a nice tree lined area and now its just wide open barren dirt. Glad i live on the outskirts of town in the country. Even if a new house is being built up the road.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi `Dave, are you OK ? That's the shortest post I've seen from you ? Thanks for checking in & we hope we hear more from you...Wish you a Happy/Safe `day...
Thanks for the thought, Space. Kinda busy / stressing this morning. My boss and bosses boss are in town today from our HQ's in VA.

We interviewed a friend of mine for a possible job w/our company. His current job will likely end in a few months due to lack of funding.

Then it was time for me to go behind closed doors with my boss. I joined this company 6 months ago. Today was my 6-month evaluation. The work I was hired to do has been slower than expected. So I was kinda worried. But I'm told I'm right on track for where I should be at this point. So looks like I still have a job for now. Whew... I guess I'm a typical 'Type A' personality - high expectations for myself. And I do much better when I'm too busy rather than not busy enough.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just won an RC Ford F-150 in the Dirty Santa gift exchange haha.

I'm currently driving it around my office

Old 12-15-2011, 02:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

HI Gregg Hi Angie. Gregg... Angie and I are close friends that met on this forum. Talking about Engine covers back a few months. Since then we've talked on here & on the phone and even have sent texts back and forth. Angie is one COOL lady. Nothing going on except talking and joking around . I'm flattered to think someone thinks there is something going on. But were just close friends. Angie is coming up here to see her close friend Woody. Who i only met once. He also has a badass monte. When I found out Angie was coming up for a visit. I asked her if she wanted to meet up and have a coffee some place and finally meet & greet. So when she's gets a min or 3. Thats the plan.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:23 PM

Checking in... smashed the #3// out of my thumb trying to rivet a brace to a shoe.

Like missing a nail.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Got my oil changed, just didn't know it took 6 qts. I am used to old school engines. Why didn't you tell me Rick? Great you are making friends.... Now I am off to pick the boy up from school. We have to take him and pick him up. Crappy school system so he is in private school this year. Giving that a try.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Thursday, December 15, 2011