Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: THURSDAY, 2-02-12 < Check In

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi `Ashley,
That's a Super Picture of your Monte Carlo 4-Sure...I'd take it even if it was dirty ~>
Wish you a Happy/Fun `Day ~> EnJoy

Old 02-02-2012, 09:41 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by Space

Good Morning `Mike, it's great to read that you took the day off to spend with your g/f , but what the HECK are you doing on the MCF then ? ~> LOL

Wish you a SuperSuper Day (((2gether))) ~> EnJoy
Thanks 4 checking In....
=======================================
*****P.S. Valentine's Day is 12 days from Now (Feb 14th)
It's pays not 2 forget 4-Sure
Lol im waiting on her to get ready lol & i got valentines day covered

Ashley the monte looks good

Old 02-02-2012, 10:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Looking nice and shiny Ashley, makes you want to keep it when its all clean Huh?

Yes. I love my monte so much, but it does have it's body flaws, which makes me really sad. My bf bought it for me and we have been talking about what to do for the past couple days.. There's new rust forming on my fire wall. And both back quarter panels are starting to rust. It needs a new bumper too, but over all its a great car. Talked to the body guys and they said once you can see the rust it's almost too late. When you take the paint off the panel it looks like swiss cheese usually, with little pin holes and such. The only way to get it gone is a new panel or cut out all of the pinholes and replace with a new piece of metal, but that's expensive.. But been looking at some cobalts for gas mileage and some more sport tracs, and a couple ford fx4s, but I drive about 350 miles a week and gas would suck to put in a truck when I drive that much, but I guess it would be safer then a car.

He knows how to look good though. Thanks everyone. Really wishing I lived in a state like Florida, no winters or rust on your vehicles. Lucky bums. They say cars that live in States that have winters and put salt on the roads have about 4-5 years before they start to develop rust.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

take all your mods off and get another from a rust free state and sellyours.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

I was thinking about doing that too.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:16 AM

Hi Ashley,
You need to move closer to `Mike (JG) and he could bring your Monte Carlo back to brand new...

If you live Oceanside in Florida you get the salt air that gets on all the cars that are not garaged or covered, plus the Hot Sun fades the paint really bad in time...It's the price one pays to live in paradise....Weather can sure do a lot of damage to any ride It sure takes a lot of effort/time and $'s to keep a nice ride ~> Looking good

I'm not getting another Monte until I have a garage or auto bedroom to keep it in...I tell my g/f that I'd rather have a garage & live in a tent, then to live in a home without a garage for my ride Then she hits' me LOL

Wish you good luck on getting your Monte repaired & back in Super Condition 4-Sure...EnJoy your `Journey, & it's so much better in a Chevy Monte Carlo 4-Sure

Old 02-02-2012, 10:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Hi Everyone .. Been a bum today. Just catching up on reading this mornings blog. Ashely your M/C looks great. ... Morning Gregg .. HEY Mile. Taking the day off with your G/F .......Priceless Enjoy your day. Dustin how were the rds back home this morning?? I hate that stuff .. Space you sound like you need a few days off from work Long day yesterday. Not sure what if anything were doing today. Might need a day off from playing ha ha ha ha. Fell to sleep on the couch early. So got up around 11 pm and took off to bed. Slept in this am. GREGG What Chsylers sites are you ON ? I need to check on a few things on one of them. ok. 2nd cup of coffee calling me. Back in a little while.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 AM

1 Year Member

Same thing out here in Arizona. I see a lot of cars & trucks that are faded badly. But they are older models. The Sun can be brutal out here in the Summer months May thru oct. With temps in the Low to high 100's all day! I agree with Space 100%. About the tent thing. When we were looking for a house out here. The Realtor was talking to my wife. And she ask my wife just what are you looking for. My wife said !!! A 3 car garage with a detached home. The women just looked at her for over a min. Then said..... Oh Car guy in the family ? . I stepped in and said if the garage is big enough. Thats all I need ! I still think.....An old fire station would be fantastic. WOW!! All that garage and parking. GEEEZ! ha ha ha ha...Plenty of sleeping room and a nice big kitchen...OH YEAH....

Old 02-02-2012, 10:40 AM

1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Morning everyone!

Happy Groundhog's Day. We are in for another 6 weeks of winter according to our rodent friend!
If this is winter out here in Surprise, AZ I'll take 3 more months of it. Before we head back to MINN. With highs in the mid 70's and lows in the mid 40's. This is FANTASTIC

Old 02-02-2012, 10:41 AM

Hi Rick,
I love the firestation idea for a home Sounds like your are having a super time in Surprise, AZ. Did you ever think of trailering your Chevelle out there with you That's a great climate to have a Super Ride likes yours 4-Sure...

Yes, I do need some sleep, it's been a long night rearranging everything because of the smoke & fog...I just finished my last faq and schedule....Catch everyone later online...

EnJoy your Day & your Journey of life...
Peace/Happiness to you & the readers of my words..
Peace/Out from `Space

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: THURSDAY, 2-02-12 < Check In