Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday, 11/17/11 < Click Here

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:25 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi `Mitch, great to see you posting on your MCF `Blog.
Wish you good luck on your Last Final Exam..... Let us know how U did ?
Oh, what subject is the test on ?

Old 11-17-2011, 06:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi `Mitch, great to see you posting on your MCF `Blog.
Wish you good luck on your Last Final Exam..... Let us know how U did ?
Oh, what subject is the test on ?
thanks! I will for sure come back and post how I did. It's on ethics, which I thought would be more-so which one is ethical and which isn't, but no, it's on about 100 vocab words that are multiple choice and true/false, so we'll see how it goes! haha

Old 11-17-2011, 06:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Mornin' all. It's 41° but the 12mph winds are bringing it down to 35° this morning. It rained most of the day yesterday and there's more rain in the forecast for today. My poor Monte looks like it has a two tone paint job. The top half is white and the sides are mud gray. I think I'm going to go to one of those self serve car washes today and hose it off with the high pressure wand...even if it is raining. I don't like all that dirt accumualting on it. I'll probably get a few strange looks, but oh well. My breakfast consists of a couple cups of brisk, bold Sumatra coffee. Hope everyone makes a good one of it today.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:47 AM

True or False ? What ?
Is Ethics Gone in Today's Society?

Are ethics in today's society declining? For me, that question isn't directed torwards evil intent, but directed towards increasing apathy in today's society. And how/why has this apathy developed in recent history.
I think some of this apathy has to do with increases in cost-of-living and technology. And I think modern and increasing technology has had a tremendous effect on cost of living. I'm not anti-technology, I'm pro-technology. As a matter of fact, this new technology has been a benefit in many ways.
However, it has increased the amount of stuff to stay on top of. Going from luxury items to daily necessities, technology has made it more expensive to live. This includes overinflated prices everywhere else in life.
Because of this, dual working households is a necessity today, just to make ends meet. Therefore, less time to spend with friends and family. Less time to speculate, less time to enjoy things.
Today's world is not acting in an evil nature, and there have always been criminals (who are unethical and lazy/irresponsible). I think apathy in ethics has just developed because there's other higher priorities. People are overwhelmed and stressed, and when it comes to free time, it is used to sleep and relax, with disregard to lots of other issues that were prevelant in earlier society. <~ What ? LOL

* A member never knows what they may read or learn on the MCF ? ? ? Or just get confuzed >?

Last edited by Space; 11-17-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:51 AM

Morning everyone. This member is bummed cuz her phone malfunctioned and she missed four important calls in a row. I've just about had it with modern technology. Never mind - this computer is pretty nice. Hope everybody has a good day. Augi, have you tried hot tea?

Old 11-17-2011, 06:57 AM

Good Morn'in to our Westcoast Seattle Weatherman
Wish you SunShine & a clean Monte EnJoy your new `Day
p.s. Winter has begun in Washington State : ( Good Luck `Mike
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Morning `Angie, yes the internet connects us to the World & beyond...
Wish you a Happy `Day...EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 11-17-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Hey ! Everyone. Rough night at work last night. Glad this is my fri. Came home a little pissed off about sh**. But i'll get over it ! Had to stop and get gas on the way home this morning and its 14 degree's here . And me with no gloves on. Had to shop after work & get some stuff for dinner. Then came home and had to take the garbage to the curb. Man its too damn cold this soon. I HATE WINTER ! ........I think I need a cup of HOT coffee and a freakin Nap to get me in a better mood today. C You later. I HOPE everyone else is having a better morning then I am. nough said..

Last edited by Ricks 2006 SS; 11-17-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:21 AM

Mornin guys. Dustin, my sinuses are killing me right now. Usually it hits 2-3 days at a time so I should be on the tail end of it right now. Gotta go to my reserve unit tonight. Tomorrow starts a 3 day drill. At least I'll have my tablet to keep me entertained during the ride from our unit to where we're going

Old 11-17-2011, 07:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Hey Mike It;s 14 degrees here in Minn. Sunny & cold as Hell. Frost all over my car. I hate scrapping my windows. I turned the defrosters on and waited and listened to the radio for a few mins. Too much crap at work in one night. But it's my friday. So after i finish this coffee. I just might take a nap. And hopefully be in a better frame of mind when I get up. I'll check back later.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Sounds like a plan, Rick. The coffee and a nap will help to purge the work day from your mind. What?!?!? Coffee and a nap? Yep, coffee doesn't wire me out. It helps to calm and relax me...go figure. Hope you have a better day when you get up from your nap.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Thursday, 11/17/11 < Click Here