Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: THURSDAY, 11-13-2014 >Click Here to Post<

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 01:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Afternoon EV1!

Rough day here for me...the weather has changed and the snow is trying to take over..
My Rhuematoid Arthritis is very active today so not feeling to well...My hands are definitely hurting..and the rest of my body aches like having the flu!
Have a Great Day EV1!

Old 11-13-2014, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Good Afternoon EV1!

Rough day here for me...the weather has changed and the snow is trying to take over..
My Rhuematoid Arthritis is very active today so not feeling to well...My hands are definitely hurting..and the rest of my body aches like having the flu!
Have a Great Day EV1!

Hi `David,
I'm sorry to read about your pains from your many injuries that you have endured during your journey of life...I can relate to pain, but I know there are many that are suffering more then I...

I do my best to keep my mind busy, so that I don't concentrate on my pains.. I don't know `if the below will help or not, but it might be worth checking `out...I wish you & other member's of our forum less pain or no pains @ all.

Where's your pain? - Painsite - Celebrex
Click above link (I hope it helps you or our member's with Pain)
=================================================

7 Simple Tips to Manage Your Chronic Pain

Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Medically Reviewed on April 12, 2013 by George Krucik, MD, MBA

• Chronic Pain Management

• Pain is the body’s way of letting you know that something is wrong. Pain can appear suddenly or build slowly over time, ranging from mild and intermittent to severe and persistent. The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) indicates that acute pain, left untreated, can lead to chronic pain. According to Drs. Angela Koestler and Ann Myers, authors ofUnderstanding Chronic Pain, chronic pain disables more people than cancer or heart disease.
    Click through the slideshow to learn more about managing your chronic pain.

• Is it Acute or Chronic Pain?

Identifying which type of pain you have is the first step in taking control:
    • Acute pain comes on suddenly. It can be brief or last for weeks or months. Acute pain goes away once the cause has been treated.
    • Chronic pain is ongoing. It may result from an injury or infection or be psychogenic, meaning it’s unrelated to injury. Chronic pain persists for months or years and affects your physical and emotional well-being.

• Stay Hydrated

According to the Mayo Clinic,dehydration may aggravate the symptoms of some chronic conditions, like headaches and back pain. Although it may be tempting to load up on coffee, soda, or juice, their diuretic effect makes them poor sources for hydration. Water keeps you hydrated without the extra calories, sodium, or caffeine.

• Foods to Eat

An easy-to-digest diet free from processed foods can alleviate inflammation, according to studies published the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. Foods that may alleviate inflammation that leads to pain include leafy greens, foods high in omega-3 fatty acids, asparagus, low-sugar fruits (cherries, cranberries, plums, pineapple), and soy products.

• Foods to Limit

Inflammation is a common cause of pain, and certain chemicals in foods may exacerbate it. Stay away from these possible inflammation instigators:
    • nightshade vegetables (tomatoes, eggplant)
    • dairy
    • chocolate
    • eggs
    • citrus fruits
    • high-fat red meat
    • wheat products
    • processed foods
    • red wine, coffee, tea, and soda

• Turn to Turmeric

Known for its anti-inflammatory properties, this brightly colored spice is a beneficial treatment for many health conditions, including chronic pain. Turmeric contains curcumin, which provides a natural way to reduce inflammation in the body, without harming the liver or kidneys. The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine explains that turmeric increases ligament flexibility and boosts the immune system. Add turmeric to meals, or sprinkle it in your tea.

• Yoga and Meditation

Yoga promotes both strength and flexibility while calming the mind and decreasing stress. This centuries-old practice offers a method of stress reduction that can help those suffering from chronic pain, reports the Mayo Clinic.
    Asana, the physical postures of yoga,breathwork, and meditation are all tools in the pain-reduction kit. Stress makes muscles spasm, according to the National Institutes of Health. Because muscle spasms are a part of acute and chronic pain, practicing asana trains your body to relax.

• Posture Perfect

Don’t always have time for the mat? There are simple ways to bring the posture of yoga into your life. Whether in front of the TV or using your computer at work, maintaining correct posture is essential in fighting pain.
    Many of us fall prey to the C-slump (a rounded back, and head in front of the spine) which can impair nerve and blood flow, according to findings published in the Journal of Neuroscience. Keep your head directly above a tall, straight spine to prevent strain on your back and neck muscles.

• Talk About Your Pain

Talking about your pain may help reduce its effects. The American Psychological Associationspeaks to the benefits of psychotherapy—talk therapy—for chronic pain. Commonly utilized methods include cognitive behavioral therapy, biofeedback, and guided imagery.
    These techniques teach stress management and real-life coping skills. The goal for patients is to improve their quality of life by getting better sleep, and reducing stress. Psychotherapy alone may not eliminate your chronic pain, but it can be effective in managing it.

• More Ways to Manage Your Pain

When diet and lifestyle changes aren’t enough, you may need to seek additional methods to treat your pain. Always check with your doctor to decide which alternatives are best for you. Additional methods to treat chronic pain include nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(NSAIDs, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen), acetaminophen (Tylenol), localized anesthetic, physical therapy, hypnosis, or surgery.
    To learn more about treating pain, visit the Chronic Pain Learning Center.

• More Ways to Manage Your Pain

When diet and lifestyle changes aren’t enough, you may need to seek additional methods to treat your pain. Always check with your doctor to decide which alternatives are best for you. Additional methods to treat chronic pain include nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(NSAIDs, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen), acetaminophen (Tylenol), localized anesthetic, physical therapy, hypnosis, or surgery.
    To learn more about treating pain, visit the Chronic Pain Learning Center.

PreviousNext

Last edited by Space; 11-13-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:56 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good afternoon friends!

The Monte is now in the hands of a local GM dealer. With all the passlock issues I've had with it, the owner of the dealership is getting involved. A mechanic is looking at it. Then will be letting the owner know what he finds.

Maybe GM will trade me for a brand new Camaro SS?

Old 11-13-2014, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
Good afternoon friends!

The Monte is now in the hands of a local GM dealer. With all the passlock issues I've had with it, the owner of the dealership is getting involved. A mechanic is looking at it. Then will be letting the owner know what he finds.

Maybe GM will trade me for a brand new Camaro SS?
>Hello `Lou,
It's great to read that the owner is involved & I hope that they fix it right & give you a years warranty or more on their work.

Don't tell GM you know `me or they will only give you a Deal on a Chevy `Spark > 2 Spark `Up your `Life I could see you buzzing around In a Chevy Spark Go Kart....> LOL > LOL

Really, wouldn't you rather have `Spark in your `Life ? > LOL <

Seriously, I wish you & your Monte the best of luck 4-Sure
Please keep us updated `OK > GOOD LUCK

Oh, I made a movie 4 U & member's (LOL) click below to enjoy & get a Super Spark in `Life
"Buy a Spark 2day & fire `up your `Life" O>>>>O Special discounts 4 MCF `Member's (LOL)
Bonus 2nd Vid > Shows Dale `Jr getting a Spark in his life....Click the vid & watch him hot rod it on the Road & give his review on how happy he is 2 have a Spark in his Life >WoW We's > LOL<
>>>Watch Dale Jr `Smoke `up some tires during his drive on the Chevy in below vid (loL)

Last edited by Space; 11-13-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:40 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Good evening all