Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

:thumbsup: To MCF

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default :thumbsup: To MCF

Hi guys,
I don't know about y'all, but to me it seems that most other forums I've visited are the same. None of them are as well designed as MCF! When I came in here as a visitor back in Nov. 2012, I was able to see pics, conversations, help topics, and that is why I joined. I have been nothing but satisfied ever since. I know that other forums would have benificial info as well. But they are not as attractive as MCF.
And I do like the "Every" Daily Blog! There you can talk about your car, or other things, and get to know the other members. So why is it that other forums seem, Uninviting and kind of cold or Common? I don't mean to put anyone's forum down, or upset anyone. This is just my personal opinion. The feeling that I get. Maybe its just me. IDK? But so far, in the last 11 years of site jumping, MCF has been the one site to catch and keep my attention. Its a credit to its founders. And I will be a member even if I no longer own a Monte! Its just a friendly place to be. From site set up to all it's members, it's, in the word of a Famus 1950s Mechanic, "Very Cool! Woah!"

Last edited by JC Colon; 09-22-2013 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well said. I have been a member here since 2009 and have gained info, advice, bought and sold items, and made friends from this forum. It is easy to navigate and post here. I have shared my journey with The Black Rose here, showed mods, told of plans, etc. Members here have seen her transform from a plain black Monte into a beautiful sexy car.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:10 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thank you guys and ladies. The compliments are very much appreciated by all the staff. And thumbsup to all the members as well!

Old 09-22-2013, 07:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

THanks JC for starting this thread. It's human nature to easily point out things that are wrong or say your unhappy. It's great to get unsolicited feedback of things people LIKE and know what we're doing RIGHT.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:22 AM

Hi `J.C.
Thanks for your post/words/contributions to
our Monte Carlo Family
"I'm happy that you are `Happy"

The love of the Chevrolet Monte Carlo brings `us
all 2gether 4-Sure!
`amen

Old 09-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

I also agree. I am a member on many many forums dealing with our 3800 platform and you get a lot of negativity on other forums. Mcf is a pleasurable site to post on etc. There is tons of knowledge here as well. Not many performance parts get sold here as other forums but not many members here demod and sell performance parts because we take pride on our cars and want to keep them. I think that right there is why this forum is better than others.

I enjoy reading posts, writing posts, and helping answer questions others have and I don't plan on changing that. All the other forums I'm on I browse and look at sale ads or search for info if I can't find it here but other than that that's all I use the other forums for. The other forums probably don't even know I own turbo Monte lol

Thanks to everyone for making mcf what it is!!

Old 09-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013

im proud to be a member!!

Old 09-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

I AM PROUD TO BE A MCF MEMBER

Old 09-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Zen

I love it here.This is by far one of the best forums I've ever been on.
I've even been a Mod on a dakota forum.Sadly that forum is gone now due to shady admin take over.Theres too many forum's were a lot of member are too busy with the my car is better than yours additude.Thats something you don't see here

Old 09-23-2013, 08:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We take pride in that

We have a simple motto, keep everything rated G and just be friendly. It seems to really work, and the members that stay will always contribute a lot.

We also try not to just yell at someone new to search. We understand it can be hard to find an answer to a question, and you are probably frustrated. I answer the same questions CONSTANTLY, but it's okay! The forum defaults to only showing threads that are 1 month old, so I just assume that someone tried looking, but without changing their default settings, couldn't find a 3 month old thread on exhausts or P0420 codes.

Quick Reply: :thumbsup: To MCF