Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Thinking of trading the Dale Jr on a new car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 07:57 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the new ride! Great choice.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:24 PM

Thanks guys. I do miss the Monte but the power of the Mustang is incredible. I wish I could have kept both. I've wanted to have a newer v8 performance car ever since my fiancée bought her 07 Mustang GT in 2010 and is why I guess I never felt completely satisfied with the Monte. I got tons of compliments on the Monte and it was a great looking car that was comfortable and had good power but I guess it wasn't really what I wanted. I enjoyed it the almost four years I owned it and I hope whoever owns it next will take care of it and enjoy it as well.

Wayne

Old 08-16-2013, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
Congrats on the new ride! Great choice.
I see you have a 2013 Mustang. How have you liked it so far and is there anything you don't like about it and have you had any issues with it? What kind of strut tower brace do you have and can you tell a difference with it installed? Nice car by the way.

Wayne

Last edited by 70monte1; 08-16-2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: added some info.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:47 PM

Here are a few better pics of the new car.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:29 PM
THE JUDGE
10 Year Member

I speical ordered mine when the 13's just came out. I love everything about my Stang - but I'm not too happy with the Pirelli all season tires that came on the car - don't think they have enought wet traction. I wish I waited so I could save up some more money on some other extras like the navi system, alarm and park assist. I wish I could have afforded the California Special but it was 10k more. So that's why I ended up with the V-6. I too sold my 05 SS Supercharged Monte for this car. I test drove alot of cars and this V6 Mustang was the best bang for the buck. I got most of my mods from American Muscle. The STB is SR Performance and comes in black & chrome - I got the black.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:38 PM

My car also came with the Pirelli tires as did my fiancée's 2007 Mustang GT. I don't plan on driving mine too much in bad weather so it probably won't be an issue with me. I don't plan on many mods. I have a Roush axle back exhaust system coming as well as a UPR oil catch can. I plan on getting some type of STB. Did you notice any difference in handling with the addition of the STB?

Wayne

Old 08-16-2013, 08:45 PM
THE JUDGE
10 Year Member

I guess there was a little difference but this car is just a commuter car for me. If this was to be a road course car there would have to be a lot of more handeling mods to keep it glued to the road. I also have a set of winter wheels and tires that worked great on snowy/icy roads.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:56 AM

I stumbled upon this post and thought I would post an update. I'm still enjoying the Mustang but I do miss the Monte and think about her every so often. There is another Dale Jr. that runs around here and I see it occasionally. I think the dealer that I traded mine to auctioned it off since I never saw it for sale on their website. I hope it went to a good home.

I currently have almost 4,100 miles on the Mustang and drive it about once a week. I took it on vacation back in September to Galveston TX from MO. It was a fun trip and the Mustang was a blast to drive. It was also pretty comfortable. I got 24 mpg on the trip which was only about 2 mpg less than I got when I took the Monte to TX a couple of years ago. I get around 22-23 mpg around here which I also consider good for a 420 hp car.

I have done some mods to it and they are as follows. Roush Axle back exhaust, factory strut tower brace, Bob's oil catch can, Ford aluminum finned rear axle cover, Ford all weather rubber mats, Ford rubber trunk liner, Ford cargo net, Ford locking lug nuts, and a Ford locking gas plug as these cars don't come with gas caps. I doubt I will do anything else to it but who knows.

Wayne

Old 11-16-2013, 01:20 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the update Wayne.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:25 AM
THE JUDGE
10 Year Member

You might also look into an Airaid CAI - it will also aid in gas mileage. I have one on my car and also bought an intune diablo tuner from Bama - free tunes for life. It added a lot of performance to my V6 and I still get awesome gas mileage. (BTW if I ever get a 5.0 I will also upgrade to the Roush axle back - best bang for the buck.)

Quick Reply: Thinking of trading the Dale Jr on a new car.