Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Things That Make You Go.. AGH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:23 PM

I did not know anyone could get a free drivers license, but that is not the point. I understand your frustration especially when funds are tight. The problem is driving is not a right it is a privilege and because of that fees go up when they want. In Oregon we just doubled and tripled fees because we can't manage our money in this state and the roads are horrible.

I would hope that we as a community can refrain from attacking or singling out any one group no matter what are feelings are on the subject. We all came from immigrants at some point unless you are Native American.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:40 PM

"I would hope that we as a community can refrain from attacking or singling out any one group no matter what are feelings are on the subject. We all came from immigrants at some point unless you are Native American."

Yup, yup, Teacher! True that. When I used to live in Philly I used to go through tires like oil changes in my 79 firebird. Pot holes everywhere, these didn't talk but laugh their butts off when you fall in them, and the licensing, tags, inspection sticker and everything else having a car in Pa entailed, cost a small fortune.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:58 PM

RJ,

It sucks the fees keep going up and I understand the frustration when money is tight that a fee just created would be bothersome. The thing that I saw that bugged me the most in your post was that there was a sign that said MAY be imposed. That seems like discrimination against those who get the fee. It is either for everyone or no one. Good luck fighting it though because it would cost a lot more than 20.00 to sue them.

I was thinking a call to a local tv news station about the fee may get something done. The sign may impose is not right. We have local stations that are all over stuff like this.

Last edited by Teacher; 11-17-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:19 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Crazy suicidal ex gf stalking me and saying im not over her!! Why cant she move somewhere far far away.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:49 AM

hrm is she hott? send her my way lmao been there done that...sucks..but eventually they get bored and leave

Old 11-18-2009, 07:55 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

No shes not and she just doesnt leave me alone, wants to be friends, its been 3 months since we broke up....

Old 11-18-2009, 11:17 AM
rj
15 Year Member

It was my initial understanding this late fee was to be imposed on whoever they felt like it. Or not.

With the wording on the sign hanging inside the license office plus the wording on the renewal slip the BMV mailed out I can not see how anyone would believe this fee would actually be imposed?

As for me lashing out at any one race, if I offended anyone it was not my intention. I have only posted words I hear on the nightly news. Whether or not they are the correct words to use, I was only trying to get the injustice of this late fee across. And it is injust.

We all came from immigrants at some point unless you are Native American.

You do realize my grandmother (father's mother) was Native American. Right?
I have always considered myself other then white.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by rj

We all came from immigrants at some point unless you are Native American.

You do realize my grandmother (father's mother) was Native American. Right?
I have always considered myself other then white.
RJ that is cool to know. I love learning more about our fellow members. The class I just completed was about mapping the Return and Recovery of Native AMericans. What tribe are you apart of?

Back on topic I don't see how they can impose a fee without a clear definition of when it will be imposed. I would still call local news and radio stations. You never no what the media can get accomplished.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:00 PM

eww enzo...dont worry..once your out of hs the whole girl situation is different lol...bette actually...hrm..idk just be her "friend" if it;ll keep you from some greif..just dont make it a close one..like im friends with alot of my ex's i just dont talk to them..lol..

Old 11-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

dave you only love your cars?? hmmmmm me to actually

Quick Reply: Things That Make You Go.. AGH!!!