Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

- Thank You -

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile - Thank You -

Don't Forget To Say Thank You

–adjective feeling or expressing gratitude; appreciative.

Origin:
bef. 900; ME; OE thancful. See thank, -ful

—Related forms
thank·ful·ly, adverb
thank·ful·ness, noun
su·per·thank·ful, adjective
su·per·thank·ful·ly, adverb
su·per·thank·ful·ness, noun

—Synonyms
beholden, obliged. See grateful.

People in general overlook the simple details of showing gratefulness in a lot of situations. I am amazed at the number of people who submit resumes and neglect to follow it up with a thank you note. Little details like this may not get you what you are looking for but it certainly will not hurt. We are currently living in an economy where unemployment is high and therefore businesses are seeing a drop in profits. This day more than ever you will need to do everything possible to stand out above the "crowd." Taking the time to show potential clients, employers and anyone else you come in contact with that you are truly grateful and honored that they took the time to hear what you had to say will leave a positive impression so great that you will most certainly attract the attention of people and companies who will provide for you (directly or indirectly) whatever it is that you are possibly looking for. Even when you are asking for help on a automotive forum.

Gratefulness is the foundation for positive thinking and attracting positive good. The positive good will shows up in the form of new relationships (both personal and professional), more quality clients, better employees and more money. When you are in a grateful spirit you will naturally refrain from participating in negative and destructive behavior such as complaining, gossiping, and other self-sabotaging activities that will repel quality people and business relationships from occurring in your life.

When someone does something nice for you show some gratitude. I don't care if it's something small or something large; say "thank you." Say it immediately and say it with joy. Let the person know how kind that was of them to do whatever it was that they did and that you are so grateful. This applies not only to tangible gifts but also to invitations, compliments and words of encouragement, scholarships, job interviews and anything else. If someone invites you to an event, party or just to come over and have lunch, THANK THEM. If you can't make it don't give them a list of excuses why you can't come. Simply say, "Thank you so much for inviting me. I really appreciate you taking the time to think of me. I won't be able to make it but will you include me in the next time. I'm so bummed out that I can't come." It does not have to be in those exact words but you are very bright and you get the point.

Giving thanks to people is a vital point in living a positive lifestyle. We want to recognize the positivity in others so that the goodness will spread. Not showing gratitude when someone does something nice for you will give that person a negative impression of you. They will think that you have a since of entitlement and will not be inspired to do another thing nice for you again.

Forgive yourself for this very important oversight. You are not bad you were just unaware of the implications of your past actions. You are now enlightened and will start to do the honorable thing. Be thankful for this lesson and call up the wonderful people in your life and let them know how much you appreciate them.

(Above borrowed from the Web)
No, I don't think we are a thankless society.
It's just a few that are never taught, or to self absorbed and feel entitled.

Thank You `if case I 4-got to tell you!

Last edited by Space; 05-11-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Is it thanksgiving already? :p (just kidding) We should be thankful not just one day a year. But everyday.

Thank you Space. Thanks for being such a great member, and friend!

Old 05-11-2010, 08:35 PM

Well, I gotta say thank you to all the members that help me out. And thank you to all the other suportive members.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

thank you, no, thank you

Here you get 6 - full length proven 'Thank you for:' speeches as follows:

• Thank you for coming to my 65th birthday party
  • Thank you for coming to my surprise birthday party
  • Thank you for coming to my retirement party
  • Thank you for coming to my farewell dinner party
  • Thank you for coming to a memorial service
  • Thank you for coming to my daughter's coming of age party

Old 05-12-2010, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Is it thanksgiving already? :p (just kidding) We should be thankful not just one day a year. But everyday.
Originally Posted by Taz

Thank you Space. Thanks for being such a great member, and friend!

I think many 4-get 2 say thanks for the ones in their
life that do for them.
I know I appreciate when someone gives or shares
their time (life),to help or assist me.
I was taught/programed to always show gratitude,
and gives thanks to the ones that do for me.
I am thankful.
I just posted the above as a Monte Carlo Family
public service reminder.
Thanks `Lou -Taz- for your time & dedication to
our Monte Carlo Family
We do appreciate, but many times we 4get to
let you know...Also thanks for being a super/super
`Friend.
Thanks member's for reading, now go call your
parents, and friends that do 4 U &
say `THANKS