Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

taking up two parking spaces?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Default RE: taking up two parking spaces?

[align=center]Hi `Becky,[/align][align=center]I believe there are many in our world that do not respect other[/align][align=center]peoples property : ( I think there are special gangs of people[/align][align=center]that drive old tank cars, and purposely park next to newer/nicer[/align][align=center]cars so they can slam their doors into them [:@]or run in2 them[/align][align=center]and cause massive damage. I drive my girlfriend crazy when[/align][align=center]we go to the big city, and I try to find a safe `Space 2 Park : )[/align][align=center][sm=yikesomg.gif]You hit my Monte[sm=oopssign.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]<~Take that[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below infor may help some members[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Q: If you open your car door on a parking lot and dent another cars door (neither car is moving) is this considered an accident insured under your auto liability policy? [/align]

[:-]
[align=center]A:Yes, if you open your door into another car in a parking lot and dent or scratch the other vehicle this would normally be covered under your property damage liability coverage.[/align][align=center]The other person should make a claim under your liability coverages for the cost of the repair to their vehicle that you damaged. Your insurer will normally find you negligent for not controlling your car door and causing damage to anther person's vehicle.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click below for source/more infor[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]https://www.carinsurance.com/kb/content31326.aspx[/align]
[align=center]Wish the reader a Happy `Day & a dent `free Monte Carlo[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/Space[/align]

Old 12-02-2008, 02:51 PM

ORIGINAL: krystalmethod
You know how it is with our doors on a windy day.
*Windy being everyday here, I've actually held the door too much and slammed it on myself on more than one occasion because the wind had stopped blowing.

1+ spaces close to the front = not cool, any amount taken up away from the building/cars = fine by me.

We had a deal at our high school several years back, it was like a contest to see who could take up the most spots, most of the guys would park their trucks in the middle, taking up about 6 spots. Me I'd just park somewhere out of their way. Cops came around one day and gave everyone tickets for it.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

Cops came around one day and gave everyone tickets for it.
I don't think they can do that in most parking lots, as most are considered private property and owned by the store.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:11 PM

You know what they say...............

[IMG]local://upfiles/4728/72363832F6894DDE94BEA81DDD4AD10E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-02-2008, 06:43 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Vette no more

Lets just say, if it was my car. I would be sitting there. Waiting. Plotting. They cant hide inside forever.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:09 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

that was probably friends of the owner. me and another friend that did to a guy with a camaro once. see, the guy with the camaro had these rims that he didn't want to get stolen, so he asked us to park in so tight that no one could get close to his chrome 18's, and we did.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: Enzo354

ORIGINAL: Vette no more

Lets just say, if it was my car. I would be sitting there. Waiting. Plotting. They cant hide inside forever.
Either that, or I'd crawl through the trunk andthey'd each have 4 flat tires. hehe

Old 12-03-2008, 09:12 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

I cant find a release in the trunk to get to the back seat.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You got me wondering about the release for the rear seats in the trunk. Never tried it in my Monte yet.
The latches in my Grand Am weren't very good. All I had to do was push and down they went.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:37 PM
rj
15 Year Member

On another forum I'm on they are saying that it's inconsiderate to take up two spaces and they intentionally park close to those people that do. I saypeople slamming their doors into the side of my car are theinconsiderate ones. If they aren't taking the last two spaces in the parking lot or parking in a handicap spot, what difference does it make? I can park out in nowheresville, come out and be surrounded when there are plenty of places closer to the door. I rarely take up two unless the parking spots are really tight, but all you Monte owners know how big our doors are. I see nothing wrong with someone wanting to keep their vehicle looking new. I bet they'd get pretty darn ticked it someone slammed a door into the side of their vehicle, but they won't admit it.

You can bet I do it. Anyone I catch parking next to my car had better watch out.

As you posted Becky, if you park out in the boonies, what does it matter? But it never fails you find the one single moron out for the day who thinks it's funny to park next to you.

One time I came out and someone left a note on my windshield that read something like: You fking moron. You are so fking stupid. What gives you the right to take up two parking spaces. If you think you're perfect car might get hurt well then maybe you should have left the MFking thing at home.
And a few other words on the note.

I placedthis noteon the windshield of the car next to me.

There used to be a place in Dayton, OH called the Salem Mall. A pretty popular place till it got too rough to go there.
I let my then g/f Maureen drive my car to this mall once. She took a friend of her shopping. And under my guidence she parked the car in two spaces. When they came out, there was a ticket on the windshield of my car. She got home and gave me this ticket. Not really a ticket in the sense of being a fine. But a parking ticket none the less. It had the mall security guy's name on it so............... I called him. I told him anytime he was willing to repair any damages to my car that happened, then I would be happy to park as he saw fit. And until he made payments on my car, I would do with it as I pleased. Not as he wanted me to do.

As someone on here once said, our cars are extensions of ourselves. No one lives this more then I do.

Quick Reply: taking up two parking spaces?