Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

taking up two parking spaces?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008
Default taking up two parking spaces?

On another forum I'm on they are saying that it's inconsiderate to take up two spaces and they intentionally park close to those people that do. I saypeople slamming their doors into the side of my car are theinconsiderate ones. If they aren't taking the last two spaces in the parking lot or parking in a handicap spot, what difference does it make? I can park out in nowheresville, come out and be surrounded when there are plenty of places closer to the door. I rarely take up two unless the parking spots are really tight, but all you Monte owners know how big our doors are. I see nothing wrong with someone wanting to keep their vehicle looking new. I bet they'd get pretty darn ticked it someone slammed a door into the side of their vehicle, but they won't admit it.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Default RE: taking up two parking spaces?

I share you frustration with these people. I have always parked in the boonies, not only to save my paint, but the other guy's as well. You know how it is with our doors on a windy day. And yes, there will always be some a-hole within a foot of me, even if I'm parked a half-mile away. What is up with this?!?!?

Old 12-01-2008, 02:29 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

thats why i just park somewhere and say a prayer for my car.... i park at teh end of the row of cars there usually, in 1 spot

Old 12-01-2008, 02:46 PM

Last year after walking in from the parking lot and seeing some person fling the door open right into a dodge intrepid and not even notice it. I will never park next to anyone ever again.

Taking up the last two spots possible in a parking lot- good thing

taking up two spots at the start of the parking lot- they deserve door dings

in high school i would take the last spot possible in the lot and park at an angel and people would always ask me why i park that far out and all i would say is i like my paint on my car.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:59 PM

When I go to a store with the 04, I park out in no mans land and might take 2 spots up.

If I take the 87 to one, ten spots way way way out there.

If I do either a 2 spot or a straddle and come out and see some smart a$$ parked right next to me and it was done to me 2 weeks ago, I CAVE IN THE SIDE OF THERE CAR and leave!!!!

Old 12-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Photobucket

I'm so glad I'm not alone. Dang taxidermists, what do they know about cars anyway esp. our beloved MCs, LOL. I knew I could come here and my Monte friends wouldn't let me down. We did finally come to a truce over there. It was Dreamer's fault, LOL, she started it with a pic of someone straddling the lines.
Which reminds me, I need to ask her about her Monte search. If she gets a Monte, she be a line straddler too, LOL.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:28 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I park far away now that its my car (when i drove parents i didnt understand) One time sitting in out escalade some lady parks close and gets out and umps my door, i feel it, because im sitting in the car. I stare and go around to look after she leaves. Luckily there was nothing.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Someone bashed their door into my 01 SS this time 4 years ago. Took me awhile to figure out why my drivers door had a glitch in it all of a sudden. $650 later, the 6" CREASE was removed from my fender and the fender re-aligned, and the door repainted from the fender rubbing on it.

I drive to the booneies, turn left, and go another 1/4 mile to park now. If the lots full, I don't go there. At least not in the Intimidator SS or the Solstice GXP or the Oldsmobile. The truck, maybe.

I'll also look for someone stratling the line, and take a space 2 down from them, so between the 2 of us we use 3 spaces. Usually in the boonies, tho.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04
I drive to the booneies, turn left, and go another 1/4 mile to park now.
Now ya went and told everyone where ya park, you'll be surrounded now, better turn right next time

Old 12-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I drive to the booneies, turn left, and go another 1/4 mile to park now. If the lots full, I don't go there. At least not in the Intimidator SS or the Solstice GXP or the Oldsmobile. The truck, maybe.

I'll also look for someone stratling the line, and take a space 2 down from them, so between the 2 of us we use 3 spaces. Usually in the boonies, tho.
I do the same thing Wayne.

I always believed if you care about your paint/car enough to take up two spaces, you should park at the back of the lot. Then by all means, take all the spots you want. That's where I park my Monte. Way out in the boonies. I usually take up one spot out in the middle of nowhere, all by myself with absolutely no-one around. Annoying thing is, when I go back to the car, there is someone parked in the spot next to me. Usually a pickup truck for some reason. Earnhardt fans? Monte fans? Maybe I should get some business cards made up with "Visit me at MonteCarloForum.com" printed on it. LOL.

There are a couple people at work that insist on parking on a 45 degree angle in the first row closest to the building, taking up two spaces. I actually saw someone parked 90 degrees in the first row taking up 3 spaces. Strange thing is, it was a completely stock, early 90's Mercury Topaz. WTF???

Quick Reply: taking up two parking spaces?