Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, November 20, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 08:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Zach. I hope your feeling better this morning. if not. I'd get to the doctor or at least call him..Good luck Zach...

Old 11-20-2011, 08:10 AM

Morning fellow car lovers. Gregg, you had the sound system I dreamed of...I tried to load up my '85 Daytona with stereo add-ons but couldn't afford much. We have the same taste in music - but after several hours of Barbra and the Bee Gees and maybe a hint of Barry Manilow I'd put on my favorite Janis Joplin tape just for fun. For a while there I wanted to be just like Janis - then I realized she wasn't having such a good life cuz she was dead. So much for heroes of the '60's....

Old 11-20-2011, 08:23 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Morning Everyone,

Nm goin on here just getting up lol raining here which sucks

Old 11-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We lucked out and didn't get any of the **** falling on us yesterday, but areas to the North and South of me got a couple inches.

Angie - Janis was one of my favorite blues/rock artists of that era. Unfortunately there was a lot of talent cut short not only by drugs but also auto/plane accidents. It boggles my mind to think of how their music may have evolved if they would have survived.

Janis Joplin - Piece of My Heart - YouTube

Old 11-20-2011, 08:36 AM

Hi EveryOne,
I'm on one of those night shifts that never seems to `End
Looking 4ward to it being over & getting some Z's
=====================================
`Zach, hope U R feeling better 2day or can get some help from your doctor ~> Good Luck
========================
Rich, wish you SunShine & a Happy Day
=============================
Chris, great post yesterday in the Blog on that Monte Carlo Pendant & hoodie Thanks 4 sharing...Would make a nice gift 4 someone
Seattle `Mike, I think it's great that you have time to spend with family...(Many don't ) Wish you a Great SunDay
========================================
Gregg, thanks 4 your morning post (EnJoy Life/Family)
========================================
Sgt, wish you a safe trip back home...Hope the rain lets up.
====================================
`Keane, that was a wild car/train vid in yesterday's Blog
It had a really crazy ending, but it was entertaining/interesting...Wish you a SuperSunday.
Mike (JG), how do U like your new SpacePhone ?
It really has a lot of features 4-Sure...Now, stay in contact with the world & beyond
========================
Good Morning `Angie, One of my g/fathers favorite Janis songs is Summertime...He would get his guitar out when we were out @ sea & sing it...The bum's & I loved those times.
Thanks for sharing...Below is a link 2 the song 4 those that may not know who she is or was I love her raspy hard rock/blues type voice...
Janis Joplin - Summertime (Live Gröna Lund 1969) - YouTube
================
p.s. Edit ~> Mike, thanks for your link to Janis : ) LOL we were on the same wave : )
Wish EveryOne a Super/Happy/SunDay ~> EnJoy (what if ? )

Last edited by Space; 11-20-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Good Morning everyone I hope your having a great weekend LSU won last night so I'm
glad my team showed sportsmanship last night at not running up the score on Ole Miss
anymore than they did. I installed my drilled and sloted rotors on the Monte yesterday
looks great and stops better.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:29 AM

Mike - thanks for the Janis link. It was neat to read the lyrics to Piece of My Heart. Another of my favorites on youtube is Cry Baby but I don't know how to transfer it to here.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:36 AM

Hi `Angie, MCF = Member's Help'in Member's
Janis Joplin - Cry Baby - YouTube
CLick & EnJoy
====================================
Good Morning `Mel,
Thanks 4 STOP'in They look super & I think it's a great/safe/mod 4-Sure...Thanks for posting/sharing..
EnJoy your Victory & EnJoy your SuperSunday...

Old 11-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by Possum
Mike - thanks for the Janis link. It was neat to read the lyrics to Piece of My Heart. Another of my favorites on youtube is Cry Baby but I don't know how to transfer it to here.
Another one of my favorites from back then was a not so well known band by the name of It's A Beautiful Day. They weren't played much on the AM but had quite a following on the FM stations.

'Space - it sounds like your Grandfather enjoyed listening to the 'underground' music of the time also. He'll probably know and remember It's A Beautiful Day also.

Here's a couple of their more popular songs:

It's A Beautiful Day - White Bird - YouTube

It's A Beautiful Day - Hot Summer Day - YouTube

Old 11-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

afternoon all. Didn't get a chance to stop in this morning before i left. Got up and left to meet some friends on the other side of the river for breakfast. Quite warm here today, its in the mid 60s out but it got cloudy out.

Mike (03ssle) i have a friend who lives out by you in North Bend, WA and my i have 2 cousins that live in South Hill, WA. I was out there this past april, loved seeing Mt. Rainier.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, November 20, 2011