Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, January 13, 2013 > Hello

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LoL `Joe,
I love the countdown vid Looking 4ward to seeing good pictures of the new 2014 Vette
(EnJoy the OutBack) I wish I could `go get a good steak (LOL)
This is what I've found so far;
2014 Corvette Images Leak Online [Photos]

<IFRAME style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; POSITION: absolute; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 450px; HEIGHT: 28px; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" id=f5f26de84 class=fb_ltr title="Like this content on Facebook." src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?api_key=164157850314499&locale=en_US&sdk= joey&channel_url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.c om%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter.php%3Fversion%3D18%23cb% 3Df2957ec69c%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.inq uisitr.com%252Ff2b0cbcca8%26domain%3Dwww.inquisitr .com%26relation%3Dparent.parent&href=http%3A%2F%2F www.inquisitr.com%2F478694%2F2014-corvette-images-leak-online-photos%2F&node_type=link&width=450&layout=standard &colorscheme=light&action=recommend&show_faces=fal se&send=true&extended_social_context=false" name=fc3cf094 scrolling=no></IFRAME>

The 2014 Corvette C7 was set to make its first public appearance on January 13 at the Detroit Auto Show … only for the Internet to throw a predictable spanner in Chevrolet’s well-oiled plans.
Earlier today, a world-first image of the 2014 Corvette C7 was leaked by Jalopnik. The snap, taken from the pages of a forthcoming edition of Road & Track magazine and showing the car’s front end, is defined enough to reveal what Jalopnik calls a “nefarious smile” of a front fascia.

Meanwhile, the back-end of the 2014 Corvette (pictured below) will be printed on the next cover of Automobile magazine. Yet again, this has been scanned and uploaded by car blogs, many of which seem thrilled by the curves of the C7. Alex Luft at GM Authority writes:
“What we see are the lights, rear quarter panel, and lower fascia – all of which have a squared-off look.

“Just like in the front, LED lights are present and accounted for, as are the center-exiting quad exhaust pipes that have been synonymous with Corvette. And check out that C-pillar flowing into the sloping liftback! Yours truly thinks it’s sexy as all heck… but you may not agree.”

I imagine there will be some considerably bigger and shinier shots of the 2014 Corvette released after its unveiling on Sunday in Detroit. Until then, what do the petrolheads in our readership think about Chevrolet’s newest design? Let us know in the comments.

[Images via Jalopnik and GM Authority]

Last edited by Space; 01-13-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:58 AM

Morning everyone! That flu everyone is talking about it a world wide thing. Almost everyone at the orphanage in Haiti has it, many reports of friends in Canada and from Ireland so... world wide. As for the flu shot haven't had one in... Don't think I've ever had one, and I don't think I've ever had the flu

Water truck came today so we have our tank full that means a real shower for the next week yay!

I wrote a pretty awesome blog last night, it's a good read if you guys want to take a look.

Click here ----> My Blog

Old 01-13-2013, 10:11 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Good morning all - still no snow in the Chicagoland area.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:09 AM

Let me clarify "normal showers" Normal Haiti shower... barely working shower head and freezing cold water that's what I mean by back to normal haha.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:15 AM

Good morning everyone, Sunday Jesus fun day! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Back to school and work on Monday. This year has started off great so far. Loooking future to better days to come, for me, and everyone on here!

Old 01-13-2013, 01:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just a Little FYI:

Incase anyone has or hasnt noticed the ad for Tonneau cover world. here on the site....

I recently did business with them and purchased a new tonneau cover for my Silverado.. Not only did they give me a great price, I also received a 10 yr guarantee on the cover its self and a lifetime guarantee on all the hardware!... Heres the Kicker: They also provided Free delivery! Which I received my new Tonneau cover in 3 days via UPS ground..

20 mins later..it was instahled...!!

Im not usually the kinda guy that toots a horn for any special business..
But, I am extremely Satisfied with there product as well as there service!
Did I mention.... They were also $100.00 dollars cheaper than any local auto,truck accessory shop!

Old 01-13-2013, 02:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

afternoon all, just enjoying a relaxing Sunday watching playoff football. The temp is slowly dropping here in MI but we were under a weather advisory for snow last night so I guess we'er doing good.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:38 PM

Good afternoon everyone, we got a little bit of snow this morning, kind of just a dusting. It was very cold today, 5* in the morning with a wind chill of -20* and it's about 12* right now with a wind chill of -2* Anyway, got off work an hour ago and just gonna relax the rest of the night

Old 01-13-2013, 04:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Just catching up on the blog, been relaxing rainy Sunday. It was 63 at 1 am and heading to 19 tonight. Big shift...Watching movies, rented 4, House at end of street wasn't too bad.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Keane I use to be much like you...
I use to do stock for Farmer Jacks and A&P... Doing 2 full isles is a real pain in the butt!

My very worst Isle that I hated to do was the canned food Isle!
I dont know if you still do it now a days...But we use to have to use a price gun and put 1 sticker on every single friggn can and the ones that were already left on the shelves we had to retag....YUCK!
Pushn them friggn carts around with the wheels that hardly moved,
picking up all the card board from all the boxes you just emptied,Loading them into the crusher and haveing to make the bundles once they were all compacted...The not so good pallet jacks....and busted up pallets that you literally had to drag from one isle to the next....Not to mention...The BS music that sounded like elevator music...over and over and over...

I feel for ya... Its not an easy job...and its not for everybody!
That was back in the 70's.. we made $6.25 an hour back then!
You hit the nail on the head. Thankfully we dont do anything with the price guns. But the worst part is i work with a bunch of slackers. I bust my **** while they sit around Music isn't too bad, wide range of stuff they like to play but it is the same songs over and over.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, January 13, 2013 > Hello