Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Subaru BRZ STI Concept + more

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 03:21 PM

Finally Subaru has built a sport coupe that doesn't look like it came from Space's home planet. Anybody remember the Subaru XT and the Subaru SVX? I hope they offer it in RWD so it will handle like a sports car and also AWD for the Suby purists. I think it will be their first time deviating from the FWD/AWD platform. I like Subaru's because they are simple cars that are easy to work on. I miss my Loyale. It was the only car I bought new.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:36 PM

I didn't realize the Regal GS put out 270hp. That's extremely impressive. I'd love to see a remake of the GN but I doubt that'll happen.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:51 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Driving Impressions
2013 Subaru BRZ Prototype

Our first taste of Subaru’s upcoming rear-drive sports car. »

Click above 2 read/watch vid/EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 11-23-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:30 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Feature Flick: The Toyota FT-86 Is Made Of Dreams

Written by: Evan McCausland on November 22 2011 2:00 PM

<!--leftside banner-->
<!--leftside ends here -->
<!-- Facebook Like Button v1.9.6 BEGIN [http://blog.bottomlessinc.com] --><?xml:namespace prefix = fb ns = "http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml" /><fb:like class=" fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" href="http://rumors.automobilemag.com/feature-flick-the-toyota-ft-86-is-made-of-dreams-90257.html" width="375" layout="standard" show_faces="false" action="like" colorscheme="light"></fb:like><!-- Facebook Like Button END -->If you’re like us, you dream of cars. And, if this latest clip from Toyota is any indication, you’re a lot like those tasked with pushing the FT-86 rear-wheel-drive sports car from concept to production.
The clip starts with a bunch of young kids playing with toy cars (note to self: a 1/18<SUP>th</SUP> scale 2000GT is just what my desk needs), and doodling images of imaginary dream machines. Aptly, the video then transitions to Toyota’s designers doodling and engineers looking over their own dream machine: the FT-86. If this couldn’t get any more surreal, a psychedelic waveform quickly morphs both into the driveline components – including the Subaru-sourced D-4S boxer-four-cylinder engine – joining together, and ultimately snippets of the complete car.
Yes, we’re as tired of the relentless FT-86 and Subaru BRZ teasers as you are, but expect them to draw to a close shortly. Subaru showed a BRZ STI “concept” earlier this month at the Los Angeles auto show, but a production-spec Toyota FT-86 will officially make its debut at the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show on November 30.
Stay tuned. The wait is almost over…
Source: Toyota/ YouTube
<IFRAME class=youtube-player title="YouTube video player" height=344 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5JX9UNQt2gA" frameBorder=0 width=425 type="text/html" allowfullscreen="true"></IFRAME>
<STYLE type=text/css> #gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } </STYLE><!-- see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php --><DL class=gallery-item><DT class=gallery-icon></DT></DL><DL class=gallery-item><DT class=gallery-icon></DT></DL><DL class=gallery-item><DT class=gallery-icon></DT></DL>
<DL class=gallery-item><DT class=gallery-icon></DT></DL>

<!-- .entry-content-->Categories:Auto Shows, Coupes, News, Sports, Tokyo Motor Show, Toyota