Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Are Station Wagons Cool?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
While I do like some wagons. Especially some of the classic wagons from the 50's, and the Vista Cruiser. This concept viper wagon is just wrong on so many levels. Not to mention it would be impossible for that rear door to function properly. Even with suicide doors. But that's beside the point. I like the Magnum. It looks like a station wagon should look. It was meant to be a station wagon. But you get the SRT8 in there, and you got a bad *** sleeper, baby!

You're post has me confused. You quoted Chibi's picture of a Caddy wagon. Which SRT 8 are you referring to? The Dodge Magnum maybe? Or are you considering dropping a SRT 8 into the Caddy? That would be one heck of a project. The first Cadillac-Chrysler hybrid. Hmm....
Oh heavens no, lol I should have put the magnum SRT 8 in there, but I think the Cadillac engines are strong enough. I would take both.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Montess2k
While I want to Ute, I'd rock this all day long:

Joe

Old 09-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Maybe I'm weird, but I love station wagons. That would probably be my third choice in cars. First, 2 door coupe. Second, 4 door sedan. Third, station wagon. I mean, seriously, who WANTS to drive a minivan

Old 09-16-2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by zipper
Maybe I'm weird, but I love station wagons. That would probably be my third choice in cars. First, 2 door coupe. Second, 4 door sedan. Third, station wagon. I mean, seriously, who WANTS to drive a minivan
I can't think of anyone who WANTS to drive a mini van. But what choice have you got when you have a daughter that is 20 months old, another daughter that is 32 months old, an 8 year old, and another daughter new next month? When you go out as a family we don't all fit in the Monte Carlo with 2 car seats,(going to be 3), a double stroller, and diaper bags. We won't. Even fit in my 78 Dodge Aspen wagon. We might fit into a 9 passenger Caprice or Monaco wagon but it would still be tight. Back when these cars were new baby car seats were not a requirement like they are now. The fines for a car seat infraction are worse than not wearing a seat belt. The only real choice is a mini van or full size van, and maybe a Suburban.

As far as my preferences are in this order: 2 door coupe, 2 door hatcback (I really like the 78 Datsun B-210 GX Hatchback), wagon, pick up, 4 door sedan and minivan tie for last place. With the exception of the hatchback I own every body style.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
You can literally cruise right over the Vista...

It's sad, however, to think that no matter how nice the car is, it won't be cool until you take that vinyl woodgrain decal off.
I love wagons too! Both Eric Forman and Clark Griswald would be proud! Also, the vinyl woodgrain gives it that extra 70s feel..

Old 09-16-2011, 10:45 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thought Girswold had one of those Crown Vic station wagons or something?

Old 09-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That was the Wagon Queen Family Truckster.

AKA Ford LTD

Old 09-16-2011, 11:51 PM

Griswald did drive a Ford Country Squire. It was customized and was hideous. Someone posted pics of it on this thread.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by 05MonteLS
I love wagons too! Both Eric Forman and Clark Griswald would be proud! Also, the vinyl woodgrain gives it that extra 70s feel..
I've got the ultimate 70'S wagon. I will be glad when my technology catches everyone else. When I do I will be able to post pics. This is what I have. 1978 Dodge Aspen SE wagon. Wood grain trim all around on the outside with maple colored red paint. Open the doors and you are greeted with red, gray, and white plaid on the seats and the door panels. The only thing missing is Saturday Night Fever playing on the Craig or Pioneer 8-Track and John Travolta in his white leisure suit and platform shoes. Unless of course you prefer Elton John. LOL. I will post pics as soon as I can.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here are some more fun wagons.
Are Station Wagons Cool?-camaro-kammback-concept.jpgAre Station Wagons Cool?-78-kammback3.jpgAre Station Wagons Cool?-mustang-wagon.jpg

Quick Reply: Are Station Wagons Cool?