Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Standing up to Hate in Raleigh, NC - Westboro Baptist Church

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 01:03 PM

Disrespectful and in poor taste...

Old 12-14-2010, 11:21 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I struggle greatly with this. I understand free speech and the right to believe what you want. All though I disagree with what that church believes with every fiber of my being I know I am supposed to turn the other cheek. When they protest funeral services I feel that they are violating the rights of those honoring the life lost. They intentionally inflict emotional and psychological harm, and that is where I believe they cross the line of free speech. I have some other very strong opinions, but I will leave those out.
Pretty much how I feel about the protestors at a serviceman's (or woman) funeral. These people gave their lives so this country could remain (relatively) free. Yet other's believe it's their right to be able to protest against the armed services. And at a funeral no less?

Old 12-14-2010, 03:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

A perfect example of me loosing faith in Humanity.

Old 12-14-2010, 03:55 PM

i have already lost majority of hope in most people just in the actions of what they chose. as in who and how others chose to love (different culture peope in love or other) doom them for it. the big thing i lost hope in in most people as in dooming others on how they look deside to defend our rights in the service things like that i hope that the jugementel pepole step out of the way for the whole of the rest that have there view to step out the way and disaper. what i mean is who are we to juge on how a person loves who are we to juge a person who defends us who are we to juge the ones who keeps us safe at night who takes our trash who keeps our water clean and makes our food so we can make it. what i say is help each other out to make a better tomorow and not to burden it. it is said similarly in all forms of the different bibles of different fathes say help they felow man and let the juging do by god