Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Special Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 05:39 PM

I'd love to have one of these babys

Old 05-30-2012, 06:00 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Those Power Wagons are pretty sweet

Old 05-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Thanks for your post & Infor...
Some bad words about Chevy on the MCF by some It's a test of patience/tolerance ~> 4-Sure..
Yes, freedom of speech, but there are so many in our world that abuse...& we move on....& hope
others that are not happy, move on also.....?

Here's a site some people might enjoy...

DodgeForum.com

Old 05-30-2012, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Taz

DodgeForum.com

I use to be a part of (technically still am but never log on) RamForumz.com nice people very helpful but I felt out of place most of the tiem since I had a 2001 and most people had the 06+ models. I didn't really relate to the mods/newer engines much. Plus almost everyone on there really didnt care for that generation of Ram they did have their problems. Had they been a little less expensive to upkeep I'd still have my 2001 Sport because that 360 was one hell of a beast of an engine.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Those Power Wagons are pretty sweet
I've always loved Dodges and Chevys and hated Fords. Kinda funny I enede up witha F-150 that I love and have had 0 problems with in 4,500 miles. The only problem I had in 10,000 miles with my '96 K1500 was an alternator that went out at 140,300 miles after I replaced it with a delphi one I had no issues until my ex keyed it. So if my Ford goes 10k without any problems I will be very happy/impressed with Fords.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Taz

DodgeForum.com

I joined that forum a month or so ago, seems pretty good

Old 05-31-2012, 08:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint

Oh and Chevy no longer has positrak axels so even if you get a 4x4 its 2 wheel drive its not advertised but its the truth. One front and one back tire is all that will spin. My Uncle has a 2010 and we found this out while hunting.
Thats because the new systems he has is a full time push button 4 wheel drive..That caused that issue..the speed sensors sense which wheels are slipping and designate the power to the wheels that arent slipping...

Its called Traction Control !!!!! But it is still a 4x4

Un like my Silverado 4x4...It has a manual transfercase...That has a posi front and rear axle drive...... (True Posi)

His Push button 4x4 is a traction control system....
He more than likely didnt order his truck the way he wanted it...and bought it off the lot....with Traction Control (pushbutton)

It Depends on What you order....And yes Chevy Does still make PosiTrac
You Have to order it with "PosiTrack"....

AND YES...CHEVROLETS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 05-31-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:59 AM

My dads 2012 doesnt have posi & it was ordered with every option with manual 4wd & Chevy is far from the best when ur like my dad & buy new trucks every 6 months to a year & abuse them like he does u find out whats the best & they all have somthing major break & all have there lil faults, i will say that the Tundra is junk or atleast the only one my dad had was 10,000 miles & the leather seat stitching came apart

Old 05-31-2012, 09:03 AM
Talking WoW-Wee's

Originally Posted by Taz

DodgeForum.com

Thanks `Lou for the link (I've never been there b-4 until 2day, but they sure seem to have a great site) I do like what they did to the "Dart Rally" I do like many type rides, but I just prefer Chevy's , but there are many super rides out there to purchase...I just can't afford them
Below from their site
Sergio Confirms the Dodge Dart SRT - but what engine will it use?

By Patrick Rall on <ABBR class=published title=2012-05-30T18:14:23-08:00>May 30, 2012 6:14 PM</ABBR>

Chrysler execs have long teased and hinted at the future existence of an SRT variant of the sporty new Dodge Dart sedan but while speaking recently with Automobile Magazine, Chrysler Group CEO Sergio Marchionne confirmed that the Dart SRT is on the way. As he put it, the main question right now is "how big an engine we stick in it."

Since the day that the 2013 Dodge Dart met the world in January at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show, the Mopar world has been demanding a high performance version from the Street and Racing Technology brand. There have been quite a few spyshots of what appeared to be a modified Dart presumed to be the SRT variant but Sergio's comments are the first positive confirmation that it is definitely on the way.

Continue reading Sergio Confirms the Dodge Dart SRT - but what engine will it use?.

Mopar Ram Runner beats Ford SVT Raptor at Dual in the Desert

By Patrick Rall on <ABBR class=published title=2012-05-30T15:04:55-08:00>May 30, 2012 3:04 PM</ABBR>

The folks at PickupTrucks.com recently took the Mopar Ram Runner and the Ford SVT Raptor F150 to the Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area in southeastern California and when the dust cleared - the Ram Runner was found to be the winner.

PickupTrucks.com headed to southeastern California with the Ram Runner, the Raptor, and SCORE International Off-Road Racing Series Trophy Truck driver Chad Ragland. Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area has a 4.73 mile off-road course which Ragland used to test the capacities of the two trucks. In the end, Ragland was able to lap the course 33 seconds faster in the Ram Runner than he could in the mighty Raptor even though the SVT F150 packs more power than the standard production 5.7L Hemi found in the Ram Runner.

Continue reading Mopar Ram Runner beats Ford SVT Raptor at Dual in the Desert.

Dodge Dart rally car forced out of debut early by dirty driving

By Patrick Rall on <ABBR class=published title=2012-05-29T09:31:11-08:00>May 29, 2012 9:31 AM</ABBR>

This past weekend's debut for Travis Pastrana and the 2013 Dodge Dart rally car did bring about a win in a the second round of heat races but due to some dirty driving by Finnish Ford driver Toomas Heikkenen, Pastrana and the Red Bull/Discount Tire Dodge Dart were forced to settle for a disappointing 9<SUP>th</SUP> place finish.

Pastrana started the first event of the 2012 Global RallyCross season strong, turning in the 4<SUP>th</SUP> fastest lap during testing as the new Dodge Dart rally car ran a lap of 34.999. This time was only slower than series regular Marcus Grönholm (Ford), Mopar drift driver Samuel Hubinette (Saab) and European rally champ Svere Issachsen (Subaru).

Continue reading Dodge Dart rally car forced out of debut early by dirty driving.

Dodge Dart Rally Car to make debut tomorrow

By Patrick Rall on <ABBR class=published title=2012-05-25T07:28:29-08:00>May 25, 2012 7:28 AM</ABBR>

Tomorrow night at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Travis Pastrana will hit the track for the first event in his new Red Bull Racing Dodge Dart Rally Car. Pastrana and the new Dart rally car will compete with 15 other drivers including rally racing superstars like Tanner Foust, Brian Deegan, Rhys Millen and Ken Block.

This is a big weekend for both the new Dodge Dart rally team but also Global Rally Cross racing association. Rally racing has more of a "cult following" but with the GRC guys running at Charlotte Motor Speedway right after the NASCAR Nationwide Series History 300, there could be thousands of prospective new fans in the crowd. NASCAR is the biggest motorsport in the US and we can expect the stands to be packed with fans with the high-flying rally cars take to the track Saturday night.

Last edited by Space; 05-31-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:24 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Is this still a Chevy site?

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Thats because the new systems he has is a full time push button 4 wheel drive..That caused that issue..the speed sensors sense which wheels are slipping and designate the power to the wheels that arent slipping...

Its called Traction Control !!!!! But it is still a 4x4

Un like my Silverado 4x4...It has a manual transfercase...That has a posi front and rear axle drive...... (True Posi)

His Push button 4x4 is a traction control system....
He more than likely didnt order his truck the way he wanted it...and bought it off the lot....with Traction Control (pushbutton)

It Depends on What you order....And yes Chevy Does still make PosiTrac
You Have to order it with "PosiTrack"....

AND YES...CHEVROLETS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for clearing up the mis-information. And yes, Chevy's are the best IMO.

Quick Reply: Special Trucks