Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

SpaceRider LT3 Sold : (

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Default RE: SpaceRider LT3 Sold : (

Wow Space, I can't believe I somehow missed over this post...

I am disheartened to hear about your selling of the Monte, however I really do hope that you stay around...

Good luck with your finances, and I hope to continue to hear from you!

-Keegan

Old 10-06-2007, 07:58 PM

I think the concept of living on a houseboat is cool, Space. Now that I'm semi-retired, I've often thought of selling everything I own, packing up the dogs and the wife in a 40-foot diesel-pusher motorhome, and hitting the road. I've also dreamed about moving to a foreign country, where the cost-of-living is a fraction of that here in the United States.The problem, of course, is that I can't quite muster the nerve to take that first step out the door.

You'll get over the loss of you MC in a few days, me thinks. As I've mentioned (to the point of causing some to puke, I'm sure), I've owned more cars than I can count. And yes, I've shed a tear or two when it was time for some of them to go, but the recovery process was quick. However, I must admit that to this day, I still regret letting go of my 97 Lincoln Mark VIII in May, 2005. In retrospect, I suppose it was the right thing to do, but damn I miss that car. Oh well...the 06 SS has helped to ease the pain -significantly.

Good luck to you, and I hope you'll keep posting from time to time - and don't forget to send pics from your new home.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:06 PM

Space:
Well man it was good havin u on board, being another LZ9 powered 3LT owner! Be glad to see you stick around and hang w/us!

So your gonna be ride-less for awhile? ..... oh the horror..... I mean yea driving the GF's ride... but still it's not urs ya know?I feel for you dude. I didn't own my own first car until I was 18 or 19......

I wish you all the best in school and such... and don't you think for a minute this gets u outta lightening-up-duties! You've alwasy been a great peace-keeper amoungst some of us rowdier members!

Old 10-06-2007, 08:48 PM

Space, your stock just went up a couple of points for knowing how to "take care of business." There really is nothing more pathetic than someone that puts material goods - even if they love them - over the big priorities in life. I'm proud you were able to make a decision this tough.

Kudos to other members as nobody has given him **** for it!!!

On the other side, you can save up for an 04 now to go nose-to-nose with Josh once you mod it. =D

Old 10-06-2007, 10:00 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

WOW!

Space I can not believe this!!!!
I feel like someone just cut my arm off.

Sorry you had to let your beautiful Monte go. Sure college is expensive but couldn't the g/f have picked up another job to help pay off the Monte loan?

I admire you wanting to keep priorities in perspective. Please stay on as an honorary Monte member so the boards will remain as they were. You're family even if you are from space.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:09 AM

Space, I really don't know what to say..This is very upsetting. I am so sorry for your loss. I guess bad things do happen to good people more than we'd like to see. I can fully understand your reasoning for your decision, but this happened so very quickly. You have been a tremendous asset to this forum - you always make the new members feel so welcome here, and the posts that you come up with always bring a smile to all, and are always full of useful information. I knowthat you will someday own another Monte Carlo, and our thoughts and hearts are with you.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:55 AM

Space, this is only "Intermission". I'm sure you will own another Monte in the near future, and I bet it will be the 06/07 SS. You had better stay on this forum, you form a huge partof the "Glue" that keeps this thing going.

You don't have to bea Monte owner just a Monte lover.

Peace Space Dood.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:43 PM

I understand all about priorties. While I am saddened that you had to part ways with your baby, Space, I am glad that it will mean progression for you in other ways. You've become an iconic forum member and a great web-friend. Good luck for the future.

BTW[:-]...quitting the forum was never an option!! Even if you never get another Monte (perish the thought[:@]) you were not allowed to leave us!

Old 10-07-2007, 03:33 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

space, you can't have that siggy anymore... but don't be dismayed, i think this one woudl be a great siggy for you....

Quick Reply: SpaceRider LT3 Sold : (