Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> > > Space Farm < < <

Old 08-05-2013, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool > > > Space Farm < < <

Below from Space Farm & his Zoo for MCF Member's, `Ryan, Devin, `Keane & `all > EnJoy your `Space
Space Farms Zoo & Museum < Click it < Hurry b-4 it's gone (lol)
August 5, 2013, 5:59 AM

<map name="Map2" id="Map2"></map>

WELCOME
Come alive with nature and history. Explore the wild side of Space Farms Zoo and Museum. Space Farms offers educational fun for all ages. Where else can you step back in time and head for the wilderness all in one day? More than 100 beautiful acres of peaceful countryside offer plenty of room to picnic and play. As families roam the zoo and browse through the museums, an atmosphere of fun and adventure creates a memorable experience for everyone.

Last edited by Space; 08-05-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:11 AM

Space Farms originated in 1927 when Ralph and Elizabeth Space bought the first 1/4 acre of a complex that now expands to more than 400 acres. What began as a small general store, repair shop, and a wild animal shelter, grew to become New Jersey's largest combined zoo andmuseum. The Space's children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren continue the family tradition of conserving wildlife and preserving American history.

The Space's were native farm people, both growing up on small family farms in Sussex County. Ralph Space worked hard to support what was soon a growing family. His mechanical expertise enticed him to open a small repair shop and gas station. Elizabeth helped by starting a small general store carrying the few necessities the local people needed: salt, sugar, oyster crackers, corn flakes, bulk cookies, canned salmon,
soda pop and penny candy for the kids. Little did they know this small family business would someday become an internationally known attraction! Later, to supplement the family income (which now included 3 children), Ralph was employed by the New Jersey State Game Department to trap predators marauding farm animals. This moonlighting was natural for Ralph, who was always an avid sportsman. Most of the distress calls were from local farmers in the springtime, when bobcats, foxes, and raccoons had young to feed and preyed on the plentiful farm goats, sheep, chickens and ducks. Rather than kill the animals he caught in the spring – when the fur was of little value – Ralph built small enclosures around his garage to save them. Ralph's original intentions were to keep the animals until the fall when the pelts were valuable. When the time came, however, 3 small Space children – Loretta, Edna and Fred – cried and begged their father to keep the animals. By the next spring, the animals had multiplied and the collection of wildlife grew. People around the area soon heard about the Space family's wild animal collection and would drive by to see it. They would buy some gas, maybe some candy and soda, and visit the animal collection. Although he never intended it, Ralph Space soon had a very small zoo!

Old 08-05-2013, 06:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

lol, when I saw the title, I knew exactly what this was gonna be about

Old 08-05-2013, 06:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

It looks neat! I say high point weekend maybe Sunday we should check it out!

Old 08-05-2013, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93

LoL `Keane, now you're tell'in us that you are a MCF Mind Thread Reader > LOL
When I read Bushill `Ryan's post last eve in the Blog I just had to check this place `out & see `if I have relatives on Planet `Earth (lol)
Looks like it's a fun place with a history...I know that I'd `go if I was closer to check it `out....I enjoy places like that...

* I never met my mother & don't know who my father is, so maybe I should get up there & contact the New Jersey `Space Family & see `if they know anything or the heredity of Aliens from `Space >

Do you think that you will ever visit the "Space Farm" ?
Let us know...
Wish U & Member's a Super New Day > EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 08-05-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
lol same here

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
It looks neat! I say high point weekend maybe Sunday we should check it out!
we'll see what happens, i know keane said you & amanda are staying up in mattamoras for the meet and it's not far from there. you'd enjoy it, they've got a bunch of snakes on display!

Originally Posted by Space

LoL `Keane, now you're tell'in us that you are a MCF Mind Thread Reader > LOL
When I read Bushill `Ryan's post last eve in the Blog I just had to check this place `out & see `if I have relatives on Planet `Earth (lol)
Looks like it's a fun place with a history...I know that I'd `go if I was closer to check it `out....I enjoy places like that...

* I never met my mother & don't know who my father is, so maybe I should get up there & contact the New Jersey `Space Family & see `if they know anything or the heredity of Aliens from `Space >

Do you think that you will ever visit the "Space Farm" ?
Let us know...
Wish U & Member's a Super New Day > EnJoy
lol space i thought you'd get a kick out of this! the entire time walking around that place i couldin't help but think how most of the displays reminded me of your posts on the forum. everything was kinda random and all over the place ( indian artifacts next to fine china next to animal fetus's in jars next to kids toys next to civil war guns) and yet it was awsome to see and everyone was glad to see it!

Old 08-05-2013, 11:40 AM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65

we'll see what happens, i know keane said you & amanda are staying up in mattamoras for the meet and it's not far from there. you'd enjoy it, they've got a bunch of snakes on display!
Yes we are staying over Saturday night, i think a few others are planning on it too! Now i REALLY wanna go see! thats awesome!

Old 08-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Yes we are staying over Saturday night, i think a few others are planning on it too! Now i REALLY wanna go see! thats awesome!
i figured that'd grab your attention, haha. they've got a "snake pit" habitat with some of the smaller snakes and i guess they use it for demonstrations, then they've got some others in tanks. i think it was the python the tag said it weight over 200 lbs.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:51 AM

lol space i thought you'd get a kick out of this! the entire time walking around that place i couldin't help but think how most of the displays reminded me of your posts on the forum. everything was kinda random and all over the place

Hi `Ryan,
Are you saying that I'm a scatterbrain ?

If so, you are correct > My `mind does the 1/4 mile in less that a second & at over 1K MPH + (LOL) It's all over the place & everything keeps on falling outa my `Mind...I have to constantly keep put'in things back in it > .

I would really love to visit the Space Farm...They have to be good people with the last name of `Space
I sure hope `if you `go again or the MCF Gang goes that someone takes a lot of pictures....How many old cars are there ?

Thanks for your post & it was fun looking the Space Farm up on the web & reading about it....(I know, I really do got to get a life away from my space & my prison warehouses > LOL

Wish you & members a Super Day & thanks all for your contributions to the MCF & keeping it active

Attached Thumbnails &gt; &gt; &gt; Space Farm &lt; &lt; &lt;-space-brain.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 08-05-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:55 AM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
i figured that'd grab your attention, haha. they've got a "snake pit" habitat with some of the smaller snakes and i guess they use it for demonstrations, then they've got some others in tanks. i think it was the python the tag said it weight over 200 lbs.
lol! That's really cool! Just put it on my list to go to before i get to old to lol!