Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Some guys just don't understand!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 03:08 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Some guys just don't understand!!!

I do the car show circuit alot with my Monte and I only get respect from men - not very many women are into the car show thing. I actualy met my fiance at a local car show. He loves Montes and has owned a bunch from the 70's and he was curious about what a new ones were all about.

Your right on track with the mods - I did exhaust, u bend delete and K & N CAI and I can feel the difference in performance, and I think I'm getting better gas milage too!

Old 11-17-2007, 03:53 PM
rj
15 Year Member

SS_Girl,

You can talk cars all you want with any guy on here.

I know I for one am not going to bad mouth or belittle you for doing so.

And I doubt any other guy on this site will either.

(please under stand this is not ment to make fun of or point fingers at)
If there's something you don't understand, ask.
I can tell you there's alot ofguys out there who don't know the answer, too.
If I don't know the answer to a question someone, ANYONE has asked I'll say it. "I don't know the answer to your question."
But I will attempt to help out in some manner.

Just remember Rule #1.
The only stupid question is the one not asked.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:26 PM

True CAI or cone filter?

and lol @ instaid. I hate people.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

One of the reasons I LOVE my wife is BECAUSE she is so smart! She has a masters in social work (MSW), but could've been a doctor or lawyer if she wanted! She is in court all the time, and lawyers don't "intimidate" her.
SHE drives a '99 Silverado sportside Z71, and it has almost 180,000 miles on it. That 5.3 LS-1 has GOBS of power, and that suits her just fine. It's her go anywhere, get anybody out of anyplace at any time truck.
Her 2nd vehicle is her Aunt's '82 Olds 98 Regency 2dr coupe, 2-tone paint, and mint condition. Only 65,000mi. and BEAUTIFUL!
Car girl?, well, maybe not, but she is sure pround of her vehicles. And I take good care of them for her. And she helps when I need her to.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:04 PM

I ordered the K&N FIPK. It's not supposed to be delivered until the day before Thanksgiving. That sucks but I can't wait to see how my car runs afterwards.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:09 PM

SS_Girl :Well if the "Aye"(s) don't have it yet, then here's one more, lol. I haven't met many women that genuinely care about their car, much less that would put time and money in to modifications for it. Most have the mentality that "it gets me from Point A to point B", and that's probably what threw him off. I mean there's another woman on here, Monte_Mom that has a 06 or 07 SS and recently purchased one of the ram-air fiberglass custom hoods. That impressed me!

That is going to be one MEAN looking ride when it's finished.

Hope we see more of you on here! Always good to see what projects everyone has going on, especially since any projects I did have on the roster have been delayed until I finish saving up for a set of wheels. I'm sure my mind will change 100 times before I actually have the wheels, lol.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: SS_Girl

I ordered the K&N FIPK. It's not supposed to be delivered until the day before Thanksgiving. That sucks but I can't wait to see how my car runs afterwards.
You're lucky they make those for your Monte. They didn't make anything for the 5th gens All custom here

Old 11-18-2007, 02:33 PM

Your right Melissa. There are alot of guys out there that don't understand how a female can be a gearhead. I've been one since my teens and thats been a lifetime ago. I can turn a wrench with the best of them.
Theres nothing wrong with wanting to upgrade a car you like whether it be new or old. I know after I bought a new hood for the 06, I was calling around to body shops and one guy actually asked me "why wouldyou want to do that?" Excuse me? What's wrong with wanting to make my car unique?
Keep up with your mods and show those who don't understand, just exactly what we female gearheads are made of.
BTW, I drop the SS off tomorrow at the body shop for her first fitting on the hood!! I am so way pumped!!!!

Old 11-18-2007, 02:40 PM

Yeah, I'm just going to ignore these little creeps that I meet. I'm sure your hood is going to look great, I can't wait to see what it looks like afterwards. Now I need to work some more odd jobs to get some $$ for my mods lol.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:42 PM

oops wrong thread

Quick Reply: Some guys just don't understand!!!