Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Small world...life is strange

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 02:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Small world...life is strange

Kinda similar. About a month ago, I swung by the Three Rivers Auto Zone cuz I forgot to stop at the one in Sturgis before I left town after work. (doing a brake job on the Monte Carlo). Got what I needed in T.R., and headed up US 131. I NEVER drive up 131, but I did that night. Missed my turn onto Hoffmann (forgot?), so I headed up to Marcellus hwy. I NEVER drive up that far. Haven't been east of Marcellus in 6 mo to a year! So here I am, heading west on Marcellus hwy, and 2 miles up the road, a van was parked on the side. As I blew by, an elderly woman stepped out, and gave me a look of despair. I immediately turned around and asked her if she needed help. She said she had a flat, and no cell phone, but her brother was up the road at a restaraunt expecting her.
Her right front tire was SHREDDED, and an OLD man was in the passenger seat. I called LadyT, got the # for the restaraunt, and let the lady call her brother, while I started to change her tire. (Luckily she had a mickey mouse spare in good shape.)
She asked for Walt Morris at the restaraunt, and I said I knew a Walt Morris. Turns out her brother was ONE of the Walt Morris's I knew. The old guy in the front seat was the OTHER Walt Morris I knew. Been 20 years since I've seen him, so I didn't recognize Walt Sr.
So I got the tire changed, no problem, and was just letting the jack down when her brother, Walt Jr. shows up. We recognized each other right away.
Walt Sr. used to own an old hospital, which was an adult "home", known as "Morris Manor".
God put me down a road I travel once or twice a year, specifically to help an old friend, stranded in the middle of the boonies without a phone. It was nice seeing an old friend, and being able to help them. I told them that God put me down that road to help them SPECIFICALLY, cuz I NEVER drive that road!
THANK YOU LORD for leading me down a different direction, to help an old friend. It felt good to be led by God to help someone.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:11 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Small world...life is strange

well i'm not even 24 years old so..... o'well