Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: > Should pot be legal & taxed ?
Yes 4-Sure
76.00%
No - No - No
24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

> Should pot be legal & taxed ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 11:07 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

you booze, you cruise, you lose.....

you smoke, you toke, your're a joke.....

Old 11-18-2012, 11:12 PM

Right now the real point to legalize it is to stop the mexican drug violence from coming over the united states.

Whats the point of smuggling an illegal drug from mexico and bringing it over to the United states where it is legal?

Old 11-19-2012, 12:59 AM

I say no to legalizing it. I'm only in high school and I have never tried it but at least 60% of the kids in my school have, and through the years I've seen my once friends change in a way that they become lazy, don't want to do anything but get high, and have no plans for their future what so ever. Maybe I've just seen negative things from weed, but I have seen it ruin many kid's lives. Never smoked it and never going to even touch it.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:36 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks everyone for your post/opinions/vote & proving that our forum is a diverse representation of the world we live, love & pursue happiness..

Human Evolution

Humans are undoubtably still changing. Culturally, technologically, intellectually and emotionally, humans have always been evolving. But are we still biologically evolving? Or have our cultural, technological, intellectual and emotional advances stopped genetic selection and biological evolution? Early homo sapiens could not possibly have envisaged the world in which modern day humans live, or our amazing technological capabilities, but have our changes had anything to do with genetics, or simply our developing culture? Humans are getting heavier-bigger from no exercise or movements..They let technology do their work & they just sit ?
I'm thankful that in our country that we have choices..There is always a price to pay with each choice we make..Think/ReSearch before you choose 4-Sure...Research the pro's & con's & what is best for you, your family, friends, country....Your World!

^ We evolve, or do we ? What are you doing
to make it better ? or worse ? Your choice - Your Decision ?

A person living a life of could’ve would’ve should’ve will never achieve inner peace or reach their goals. All we have is today and the visions of a better tomorrow. Focusing on the past and trying to figure out ways those past moments could’ve would’ve and should’ve been won’t settle anything. It is those moments that make us ready to face current and future obstacles. Never be held back by mistakes, rather find the positive lesson embedded in that mistake and use it to push you forward. Peace/Out to `all

Attached Thumbnails > Should pot be legal & taxed ?-can-do-4-sure.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 11-19-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

if its legalized it gives the people that are abusing the system (welfare) an easier time to keep welfare instead of going to work since the drug test wouldnt include "pot"

i know in my area at least there is so many people that abuse the system..... they are fully capable to work but are to lazy and abuse the system to live instead of work. these same people do nothing but get high and drunk everyday. but its ok because my tax dollars will pay for them to live a lazy life on enjoyment.

i say keep it illegal and drug test people on welfare!!!!

Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I could care less. As long as you aren't allowed to do it in public (regulated like cigarettes, maybe a touch more since you can get 2nd hand contact high).

And as long as there is a way to test a limit for driving like alcohol.

I personally stay away from all things, do what you want as long as I don't have to suffer for it.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
All very good points. Regardless, people will abuse alcohol and weed, and many other things. Illegal or legal, people will find a way.

I can see a few risks with legalizing it though, it won't be easily monitored, and if they really did try, it would probably end up costing more than it would generate via taxes. Also, I could see a lot of "crazies" being more likely to rob places that sell it, so I see an increase in crime.

I have yet to witness a violent "high" person though, then again, I've rarely encountered people under the influence of marijuana. I've just seen a lot of terrible things result from alcohol, so I would prefer stricter regulation on that over weed.
Just a little FYI on pot as well:

Here in Michigan...there is Medical pot legalization to a degree...
ALREADY:
There are people who have broke in and robbed these Marijuana outlet stores...as well as the stores who provide hydroponic supplies for the growers!

I can only imagine...How much worse it would get if it was totally legalized! That would be like moveing to downtown detroit...
With all the drugs and violence thats going on there...Detroit IS the MURDER capital of the WORLD....
EVEN THE COPS ARE CORRUPT!

Me personally....I dont even go downtown...for ANYTHING!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Well really, it's not legalized for everyone, so robbing a store to resell the contents to people who can't get it originally is still profitable.

Once you can go to a store and not need a medical card, the robberies won't be as high.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by turbo monte
if its legalized it gives the people that are abusing the system (welfare) an easier time to keep welfare instead of going to work since the drug test wouldnt include "pot"

i know in my area at least there is so many people that abuse the system..... they are fully capable to work but are to lazy and abuse the system to live instead of work. these same people do nothing but get high and drunk everyday. but its ok because my tax dollars will pay for them to live a lazy life on enjoyment.

i say keep it illegal and drug test people on welfare!!!!
LOL you just made that up.

I am no proponent of welfare (save for those who truly need it temporarily to get by), but claiming that it will make it easier to stay on welfare? Laws could easily be passed to make it illegal for those on welfare still. Pot would obviously not be included on food stamps. Even it was legal for everyone, there is crack, coke, heroin, the list goes on. Making those legal or illegal is going to do nothing to stop these people from still using it. You still can't show up to work drunk.

And then if they do get caught with illegal pot, then what? They go to jail, their families are displaced, kids get a virtual death sentence by being put into adoption homes... that's so much better, right?

But you are on to something with the drug tests - they don't do it enough. So I agree they should increase the frequency.

tl;dr weed likely won't actually do what you say it will, because it's already happening. If anything we can BETTER regulate it than it is now and spare some people in the long run. There are always going to be welfare queens, weed or not.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 AM

Thanks member's for your posts/votes & respectful debates on this controversial subject/topic...Below is another article on the Pro's & Con's
ArticlesPros vs. Cons of Cannabis
Pros vs. Cons of Cannabis

By Mark Wunder | November 10, 2012 07:03:18 AM CST

There are many great things that cannabis has to offer, both as a medicine and a potentially legal drug in the future. On the other end of the spectrum, there are a few negative aspects about this medication. Under current federal law, the Controlled Substances Act classifies marijuana is classified as a Schedule I substance. This is means that the U.S. government feels that there are no accepted medical benefits, it has a high potential for abuse and is unsafe for use even under medical supervision. As of now, 16 states and territories currently permit medical marijuana use for patients with legitimate prescriptions for the substance. The following will chronicle both the pros and cons of medical marijuana use, as well as legalization.

<BIG>Pros</BIG>
Despite the fact that the government has classified cannabis as a Schedule I substance, it has been proven that marijuana is helpful in the treatment of many medical ailments, ranging from cancer to anxiety. One of the main reasons many feel that marijuana is still illegal is because of the minimal amount of effort the government has put into testing its medicinal value. Were cannabis to be legalized, it would be easier for scientists to conduct tests proving marijuana’s effectiveness as a medication. Another positive outcome of legalization would be the immense amount of jobs it would generate for people such as Oaksterdam graduates. Taxing marijuana (like we now do with alcohol) would also assist in maintaining a steadier economy. In California, medical marijuana generates over $14 billion per year. Ironically, the United States government spends an estimated $10 billion per year trying to rid the streets and dispensaries of marijuana. Imagine how much more revenue would be generated if you could purchase it at a convenience store.
Cancer patients and/or those undergoing chemotherapy find medical marijuana extremely helpful in reducing vomiting, nausea and increasing appetite. Most of these patients are taking enough heavy-duty medications as it is, and rather than take one more for appetite increase (that often doesn’t work), they turn to medicinal marijuana. Also, prior to undergoing potentially worrisome treatments or doctor visits, these patients will find that using medical marijuana prior to these trips can relieve much stress, tension and anxiety. AIDS patients also find this medication helpful in increasing appetite and maintaining some muscle mass.
Shown to provide relief for those suffering from pain and muscle spasms associated with epilepsy and multiple sclerosis (MS), cannabis also helps with chronic pain and depression. Many patients with severe and chronic pain are prescribed medical marijuana, especially those who do not wish to take such “hard” drugs as Oxycontin or Vicodin. There are many more medical ailments that cannabis is capable of treating, including migraines, glaucoma, insomnia, asthma, anorexia, as an alcohol substitute and even ADHD/ADD.
<BIG>Cons</BIG>

While exceptionally helpful in treating a wide array of medical problems, as with an medication, is has side-effects. Ingesting cannabis slows the motor skills and reaction time, can sometimes cause paranoia and mood swings, fatigue and increased appetite, while under its effect. Long-term effects of marijuana use include memory loss, confusion and/or a delayed thought-process, blockage of blood vessels and can lead to lung cancer if continuously smoked (not vaporized or eaten). It can also cause loss of motivation, cramps and rarely diarrhea.

...............and I read/heard that users get on forums & make crazy/weird posts & draw crazy pictures ^
=======================================

Fallon's Legalizing Marijuana Pros & Cons (VIDEO) < Click 2 view

10 Famous Drug Myths < Click
Some of the rumors you hear about drugs aren't true. Watch to learn about 10 famous drug myths.
Duration: 2:27 minutes

Last edited by Space; 11-19-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Quick Reply: > Should pot be legal & taxed ?