Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

should i trade my 00 monte ss for...........

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Default should i trade my 00 monte ss for...........

whats up everyone, i have this guy that has a 2000 buick regal gs supercharged obviously.. lol with 60k!!! he wants to trade me for my 00 monte carlo ss 3.8 n/a with 116k his car needs the drivers side door and fender painted. the clear is peeling. and relays for the windows, they dont go down on each door just from the drivers door and a radio.. now mine needs a radiator fan asmbly, 02 sensor and knock sensor. and thats it, so do you think it would be a good trade. he wants to do and even trade. considering both cars are stock. now the only thing that gets me is that the body style to the regal starts in 97 !! so they all look the same until 05 and than thats it! i know these cars are fast but do you think its a good deal????? and the car was owned by an elderly lady and the person that has the car now is a young dude. so tell me whats your input , gladly appreciate it!

Old 09-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hell i think it's a good deal!
with 60k on the clock and repaint doors/fender if that's all it needs i would trade him. just like all L67 motor/tranny and if you like going fast there are lot of after market performance parts for the regal.

Last edited by nemesis; 09-23-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Think its a good deal also. Atleast with you will now upgrade to the L67.

I would do it.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by ssnowhite
whats up everyone, i have this guy that has a 2000 buick regal gs supercharged obviously.. lol with 60k!!! he wants to trade me for my 00 monte carlo ss 3.8 n/a with 116k his car needs the drivers side door and fender painted. the clear is peeling. and relays for the windows, they dont go down on each door just from the drivers door and a radio.. now mine needs a radiator fan asmbly, 02 sensor and knock sensor. and thats it, so do you think it would be a good trade. he wants to do and even trade. considering both cars are stock. now the only thing that gets me is that the body style to the regal starts in 97 !! so they all look the same until 05 and than thats it! i know these cars are fast but do you think its a good deal????? and the car was owned by an elderly lady and the person that has the car now is a young dude. so tell me whats your input , gladly appreciate it!
i cant tell you weather you should make the trade, but i will say that the window relay's for that generation regal are known for going out...

the 2000 regal GS Blue books for $4,800 (private party, Fair condition)
the 2000 MC SS blue books for $3,800 (private party, good condition)

in my experience, if it sounds to good to be true, it normally is... i would run a carfax to confirm his claims of the "little old lady", and to make sure there is no "funny Business" going on here...i would also have the vehicle thoroughly checked out for any issues...

let us know what you decide.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:38 AM

If speed is what you're after, trading your Monte in for the Regal is the best option. For me though, I love the look of the 6th generation Monte Carlo, and I think of an elderly couple heading out to the golf course every time I see a Regal. I think appearances come first, speed comes second, unless you like the idea of a sleeper. But as 03Monte mentioned, a carfax report would be a good thing to run on this car, do a fine tuned inspection yourself, or if he'll let you take the car into a mechanic and ask their opinion of how its been treated. 60K isn't a lot of miles, but it depends on when he got the car and how many miles he put on it. All it takes is 10K worth of racing miles, without getting maintenance to start causing problems.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wouldn't do it.

The l67 would be nice to have, but if you have a car with clear peeling, and needing paint then that thing wasn't taken good care of. Who's to say how well the oil changes were done, and what is next to fall apart. 60k is low mileage, but that could just be city driving and harsh conditions.

If you KNOW your Monte is in a good shape, and haven't had problems, or know more problems are about to arise, I would keep it.

If you want the L67 power, start saving up for a 2nd car, this way you can mod it, and if you screw something up you'd still have the Monte.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would not want a Regal instead of my Monte....

And I agree with 03Monte...sounds to good to be true, whats up with the deal..