General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Trade your Monte for one ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Trade your Monte for one ?

[align=center][:-]Would youTrade your Monte for one ? [:-][/align][align=center]
SpaceNewsletter for July 11, 2008
[:-]

[:-]click on link below [:-]
10 Most Fuel-Efficient Cars
If you're looking to battle the high cost of fuel, these10 vehicles are the leanest and greenest weapons currently available to U.S. drivers.

Read Article
[/align][align=center][:-]Would you consider one of the below ?[:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[:-]click below [:-]
Save Fuel With Bikes and Scooters

As fuel costs rise, consumers are looking at scooters and motorcycles as options. Read Article

Member`s, post your comments/opinions, Thanks[/align][align=center][/align][align=left][:-]Click belowReply : )[/align]

Old 07-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Default RE: Trade your Monte for one ?

[align=center]Hi `Members[/align][align=center]One of the Kid`s on the Beach has the below
bike, It`s a 07, and he is getting over 60 MPG[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]He let me take it for a ride, and it runs/rides super[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]for only a 750cc. He changed the pipes, and[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]it has a great twin V sound.[/align][align=center]I don`t know what Moderator Mickey paid for his[/align][align=center]Awesome Harley, but for the money I think[/align][align=center]the 750 Shadow is a fun bike : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Honda Shadow Spirit 750 C2 Motorcycle [:-]

For less than $7,000, the Spirit C2 may be the coolest cruiser around.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]By Ben Stewart Popular Mechanics[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Published in the February 2007 issue. [/align][align=center][:-]
[/align][align=center]The tank mounted speedo and a heavy dose of chrome accents contribute to this Honda cruiser's looks.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Honda's new Shadow Spirit 750 C2 has a big 21-in. front wheel, a subtly tapered rear fender, and a low-slung stance — all of which make it appear larger and more expensive than it is. Since it has only a 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin, the Spirit C2 doesn't rocket off the line, but it's quick enough to hustle through typically uncruiser-friendly terrain — the prototypical serpentine two-lane road. Just don't push too hard; the suspension is tuned rather soft, and there's only a single disc up front and a drum in the rear. Still, this bike delivers one of the cruiser world's best bangs for the buck.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

ALSO SEE...[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

MotoGP Hordes Prep for U.S. Racing With 200-HP, Tech-Heavy Grand Prix of Italy [/align][align=center]__________________________________________________[/align][align=center][:-]Would be a `Blast ~> 4-Sure [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]The above street legal Go Kart does 0-62 in 3.9 sec WoW[/align][align=center][:-]click below to read/see more [:-]
2008 KTM X-Bow Test Drive: Extreme Kart’s 237-HP, Audi-Powered Thrill Ride
10 Fun Convertibles That Won't Pinch at the Pump or the Lot
2009 BMW 7-Series First Look: Sharp Sheetmetal, Web Access—and a 2010 Hybrid?
Top 10 Underappreciated All-American Cars And Trucks [/align][align=center]
Honda
motorcycles
[/align][/align][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Member`s, you can`t say that you don`t have[/align][align=center]anything 2 read on the MCF : )[/align][align=center]Post your thoughts/comments[/align][align=center][:-][/align]

Old 07-11-2008, 07:13 AM

2008 Honda CBR1000RR Test Drive: Featherweight Superbike Shaves Pounds (and Adds Ponies)

[:-]click on below link for article [:-]
http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4246367.html

Old 07-11-2008, 08:05 AM

Space a coworker got the smart car and I got in it but it was a tight fit LOL. I'd take the Honda or a Harley over the smart car anyday. BUT will not trade the monte for it.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: big_mecho13

Space a coworker got the smart car and I got in it but it was a tight fit LOL. I'd take the Honda or a Harley over the smart car anyday. BUT will not trade the monte for it.
LOL ~ LOL
L.K.,
I wish that you would have taken pictures. ~> LOL
I`m sure that there will be certain people that mod out their
`Smart Car, & put turbo`s or superchargers on them : )
I love small performance cars/bikes, but I would
hate to get hit by a Semi or hummer in one: (
Thanks for sharing/posting.
Wish you & the reader of this post a `Happy,
from `Space

Old 07-11-2008, 09:54 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I woudn't even trade my Mini for a Smart Car.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:26 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space.. you forgot to post that Smarts 0-60 time of 23 seconds

it literally won't get out of it's own way.

plus, with it being taller than it is wide or long, it'll flip easy i bet, lol

Old 07-12-2008, 08:41 PM

First and foremost I am Never getting rid of monte...under no circumstances!

I would on the other hand buy a bike to accompany her in the garage, Just bcuz of those awful GAS PRICES!!?!![:@]

Using the bike of course on weather allowing days to commute back and forth from work.....

Also a little fun on long summer nights.....

Thinkin about getting this one below..

Buell FireBolt XB12R

[IMG]local://upfiles/3812/89E84D602F2E4F5EAC2856FF3BF3D1AD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-12-2008, 10:19 PM

I would never trade my Monte for one of those rediculous looking cars. I wouldn't even want to own one period. I don't care how fuel efficient they are, there is no way in hell I could own a car that looked that stupid.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:21 AM

I almost took out a bank loan or finance or whatever it's called to buy a yaris, sadly I'm 6feet 6 inches and it wasn't a comfortable fit, so I bought a monte carlo! However, I always think to myself when at the pump if I had a yaris, would I be at the pump. I think if I had a more gas effecient car, I would be putting the same amount of money in gas because I could drive more places on one tank, so I would drive a lot more. Currently, I drive to work, and occassionally to meet friends after work, but usually try to mooch a ride.

Though my monte has had it's fair share of troubles (needed a new catalytic converter and the stupid mechanic put a hole in the resonator and I learned if I want something done right I should do it, so I welded straight pipe there, have a gross emblem, no AC, and got rear ended the second week I had it) nothing is more fun than sitting in the car and stepping on that gas pedal. A smart car I would be too scared I would flip, or be stuck in it forever.

Quick Reply: Trade your Monte for one ?