Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Serious Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Teacher
I am not concerned about the colors matching. I have a buddy that has a 2008 Malibu that he spent 65,000 on. He brought it home and the wife didn't like how it looked behind the truck so they went and bought a new Ford F350 to match it. It has been a running joke for awhile now.

Guess I shouldn't ask the question of drapes and carpet matching, eh?

Cool, couldn't quite figure why there was a concern over the Tahoe and boat clashing but, hey to each his own! All around once again I like the Blazer better!

Old 08-27-2009, 11:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JAFO
Cool, couldn't quite figure why there was a concern over the Tahoe and boat clashing but, hey to each his own!
The whole thread was kind of a joke, where he was just showing off this Tahoe he was thinking about getting :P

Calling it a good deal, but the colors may not match as it's only real Con.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
The whole thread was kind of a joke, where he was just showing off this Tahoe he was thinking about getting :P

Calling it a good deal, but the colors may not match as it's only real Con.
You see I'm a little slow on the upswing sometimes... err... umm... most of the time. Sadly I know a few people, as apparently so does he, that clashing would be a problem. That's why I didn't comment earlier.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am just happy to have the boat and that I live 10 miles from the lake. The only reason I sold my 85 Blazer is that I was having carb problems and I feel more comfortable with fuel injection and you getter better mileage. I have about 2 more weeks before I buy something. Right now I am watching prices and seeing what is out there.

Oh and a side note on the buddies wife, I highly doubt she matches. lol

Old 08-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

yha, the blazer is definitly cooler.... and it MACHES!!! ( i just had to throw that out there, scince NO ONE else mentioned things maching, lol)

you know what? im with brian on the asleep at the swich, i thought todd was actually worried about the red tahoe clashing with his white boat, lol. duhhhhh....

i like the blazer better myself, of course its older & has hgher miles.... but its shorter which would make it more manuverable & better on the trails.... i would say to aim for $2300 - $2500... that seems like a good price as long as the engine / trans / 4wd is in good shape

Old 08-27-2009, 12:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Teacher
Oh and a side note on the buddies wife, I highly doubt she matches. lol
... uhhh

SCANDALOUS!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2009, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by skylark65
yha, the blazer is definitly cooler.... and it MACHES!!! ( i just had to throw that out there, scince NO ONE else mentioned things maching, lol)

you know what? im with brian on the asleep at the swich, i thought todd was actually worried about the red tahoe clashing with his white boat, lol. duhhhhh....

i like the blazer better myself, of course its older & has hgher miles.... but its shorter which would make it more manuverable & better on the trails.... i would say to aim for $2300 - $2500... that seems like a good price as long as the engine / trans / 4wd is in good shape
I agree short wheel base is good for everything but towing. I think it is worth the compromise, besides my parents have an 02 Silverado 4 door if I need long distance towing.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Red face

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
... uhhh

SCANDALOUS!!!!!!!!
I know...Of course I have lots of better stories, just not good for putting online. Gotta love having a hot tub in high school and college. It was definitely clothing optional.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:30 PM

Looks like I will be buying my new tow vehicle this week. All of the ones I have posted have been sold. I have been doing some soul searching and I have decided to go with a suburban. This is the one I am targeting for this week. I have a few other options, but I like the power of the big block.

For sale is a 1992 Chevy 3/4 ton Suburban with a 454 engine and auto trans. Silverado package equipped with third row seating, power windows, power door locks, tilt, cruise, a/c, and a tow package. It has 187k miles, runs and drives well and is in good cosmetic condition.

http://bend.craigslist.org/ctd/1360447441.html

Old 09-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

thats a nice looking suburpin', todd. good price, too. imma ask, though, have ya thought about something with a diesel engine? good low end torq for towing, & good fuel milage... better that what the 454 is gonna get, & if you get the right engine just as much if not more power....

Quick Reply: Serious Question