Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Say Hello To Summer (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/say-hello-summer-28749/)

RickAKATed10 06-08-2011 10:12 AM

Say Hello To Summer

2012 Mustang V6 Premium, 6-speed automatic, pony package, HID headlamps, security package, reverse sensor system, comfort package.

Black on black, just how Henry Ford intended! :cool:

I'm smiling ear to ear guys and gals... So I'll give you a few quick camera phone shots that I took the other night.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...g/IMAG0098.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...g/IMAG0099.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...IMAG0100-1.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...g/IMAG0096.jpg

I couldn't be happier! :)

As far as plans go, I should be getting the windows tinted this weekend, I'll have the lower tape stripe removed tonight, and I'll be putting my black wheels from the Monte on it whenever I feel like it. I will try to conserve the stock A/S tires for winter and see how it goes. I actually wasn't sure how crazy I was about the stock 18" polished aluminum wheels, but I have to tell you, in person, I think they're great. They look very upscale and remind me of the wheels that were on the 2011 Shelby GT500's.

I have more plans, but they'll come. Now I have to just pay for the car. lol

What do ya think?!?

ChibiBlackSheep 06-08-2011 10:21 AM

You should name this car Smithers.

Ya know... it's not Mr. Burns but it has its charms.

Ahh who am I kidding. I think the newer Mustangs are great cars and I'm happy for you!!! Just don't be a stranger here :)

RickAKATed10 06-08-2011 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 331373)
You should name this car Smithers.

Ya know... it's not Mr. Burns but it has its charms.

Ahh who am I kidding. I think the newer Mustangs are great cars and I'm happy for you!!! Just don't be a stranger here :)

I won't. I promise! I'll stick around and spread my sarcasm.

And thank you!! I can't name it Smithers though because that's my fiance's g-ma's car's name. lol I like Summer. :p

It's the summer of Stang!

ChibiBlackSheep 06-08-2011 10:27 AM

At least we now know who it was who killed Mr. Burns.

RickAKATed10 06-08-2011 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 331376)
At least we now know who it was who killed Mr. Burns.

http://img.ehowcdn.co.uk/article-pag...un-800x800.jpg

You know, Maggie isn't a bad name either... lol

myfirstbowtie 06-08-2011 10:32 AM

What do I think? I think I should've been a computer science major when I was in college! LOL
Another IT guy with 2 cars! I don't know how y'all do it. I just paid off the loan on my Monte, and I'm glad to have some breathing room not having to make payments every month. Between the (one) car payment, insurance, gasoline (over $200/mo) and maintenance, just having one car eats up a big chunk of my income. I can't imagine trying to keep two. But, if you can swing it, more power to you!

As for the Mustang itself, I really like the latest gen. I think I might like it better than the Camaro, actually. If I was to sell the Monte, I'd definitely look at the Mustang.

I saw a nice 2011 or 2012 Mustang V6 Premium on YouTube that was black. I think he had the side scoops the the rear of the doors, louvers on the side quarter windows, and possibly a hood scoop. Good idea deleting the tape stripe. Don't care for those myself. Good luck with the new ride!

ChibiBlackSheep 06-08-2011 10:35 AM

He traded in the Monte for the Mustang :thumbsdown:

Agreed on the Maggie name lol

RickAKATed10 06-08-2011 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by myfirstbowtie (Post 331380)
What do I think? I think I should've been a computer science major when I was in college! LOL
Another IT guy with 2 cars! I don't know how y'all do it. I just paid off the loan on my Monte, and I'm glad to have some breathing room not having to make payments every month. Between the (one) car payment, insurance, gasoline (over $200/mo) and maintenance, just having one car eats up a big chunk of my income. I can't imagine trying to keep two. But, if you can swing it, more power to you!

As for the Mustang itself, I really like the latest gen. I think I might like it better than the Camaro, actually. If I was to sell the Monte, I'd definitely look at the Mustang.

I saw a nice 2011 or 2012 Mustang V6 Premium on YouTube that was black. I think he had the side scoops the the rear of the doors, louvers on the side quarter windows, and possibly a hood scoop. Good idea deleting the tape stripe. Don't care for those myself. Good luck with the new ride!

Yeah, the Monte SS is gone. I got $14,000 for it on a trade-in. Only $2,500 less than what I paid for a lil over 2 years ago. This car will be better on gas and it shouldn't need anything maintenance wise for some time. While the Monte, reaching 40K miles was coming up on some work that needed to be done. I'll also mention that I got 5 years bumper to bumper and 5 years free maintenance on the new Mustang. I couldn't pass it up.
Thank you for the kind words though, and I agree, Mustang > Camaro! :)

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 331382)
He traded in the Monte for the Mustang :thumbsdown:

Agreed on the Maggie name lol

Sure did, and thanks for the suggestion Mike! :thumbsup:

Space 06-08-2011 11:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi `Ted,
I really like your new Mustang, and was happy to read
that you are removing the stripe.
I think you made a super deal 4-Sure & that you got the
Prem Pkg
:thumbsup:
Wish you many safe/happy miles in your new "Summer"
Will be looking forward to your future reviews + pic's
of what you do to Summer : )
Happy 4 U 4 - Sure
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/av...ine=1238084945 ..I'm in love again ~>https://montecarloforum.com/forum/at...4&d=1307550814
Above is my Novice PhotoChop attempt to see
what it would look like with no stripe + tint :D

RickAKATed10 06-08-2011 11:39 AM

Thanks a lot 'Space. I think it looks great how you've shopped it. I can't wait to see it this way in a few day and then I'll make sure to take some more pictures.

I'll write a little review as well. I'll put something together I think. And the name might change. Mike gave me another good idea. lol

How do you think my black wheels will look on it??

ChibiBlackSheep 06-08-2011 11:43 AM

I think the MOMOs should look good. They are very simple like the curves on the sides.

Just don't put the Bullitt wheels on it, there's WAY too many like that.

At least you have a good look for winter and summer wheels :thumbsup:

Space 06-08-2011 11:44 AM

Hi Ted,
I do like the Mustang Wheels, but I really think your Black Rim's will make it yours + a one of a kind Mustang (which is good : ). Now how about Exhaust & Intake ? + + + + $'s : )
Will be looking forward to your updated pic's, plus your review on power/handling/MPG's etc....

I'm glad I checked back in 2day....I really love happy News, and to see Member's getting their dream ride...(No matter what make or model : ) ~> EnJoy 4-Sure...:thumbsup:

RickAKATed10 06-08-2011 11:47 AM

Thanks guys. As I said, I'll stick around. And I'm thinking that the wheels will look good too.

As far as exhaust, I've been looking at Dynomax stainless steel cat-back systems and intake either a K&N drop-in filter or an Airaid CAI.

myfirstbowtie 06-08-2011 12:15 PM

How'd you get 5 years of free maintenance on the new Mustang? I know some car companies are doing that... I think VW does... but I didn't think Ford offered that on their new cars.

Didn't you want a 6 speed manual? I really miss having a manual transmission, though my last car didn't have one either (wasn't available on the trim I chose). I assume your new Mustang has that "My Color" feature that lets you change the color of the dash illumination?

The nice thing about the new Mustang is that you've got lots of options for aftermarket parts already out there. Just take a look at some of the videos for exhaust systems on YouTube for the 2011 Mustang (I know yours is a 2012). I kind of like the Flowmaster "American Thunder" axle-back system for the Mustang V6: YouTube - ‪Flowmaster 2011 V6 Mustang Axle-back Exhaust System‬‏
Borla has a pretty good video of different exhaust options for the V6 too: YouTube - ‪BORLA Exhaust for the 2011 Mustang V6‬‏

Looking forward to see what you do with your new toy. :)

milrlyt 06-08-2011 12:19 PM

Beautiful car, but yeah, why an automatic? Those things need to be driven!

RickAKATed10 06-08-2011 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by myfirstbowtie (Post 331423)
How'd you get 5 years of free maintenance on the new Mustang? I know some car companies are doing that... I think VW does... but I didn't think Ford offered that on their new cars.

Didn't you want a 6 speed manual? I really miss having a manual transmission, though my last car didn't have one either (wasn't available on the trim I chose). I assume your new Mustang has that "My Color" feature that lets you change the color of the dash illumination?

The nice thing about the new Mustang is that you've got lots of options for aftermarket parts already out there. Just take a look at some of the videos for exhaust systems on YouTube for the 2011 Mustang (I know yours is a 2012). I kind of like the Flowmaster "American Thunder" axle-back system for the Mustang V6: YouTube - ‪Flowmaster 2011 V6 Mustang Axle-back Exhaust System‬‏
Borla has a pretty good video of different exhaust options for the V6 too: YouTube - ‪BORLA Exhaust for the 2011 Mustang V6‬‏

Looking forward to see what you do with your new toy. :)

Thanks. I was able to get it because I was refusing the extended warranty. He asked me if I would like it if they added free maintenance on top for no extra up front cost, so I went with it. It's nothing something Ford is offering, but the dealer I was working with did.
I wasn't set on any transmission choice, but I did prefer the automatic. This car is going to my DD and driven in the winter as well. I didn't want the hassle. It's not that I can't drive it, but if I want to shift myself I'll jump in the Chevelle.
The car does have MyColor, and it's awesome! lol I really haven't played around with it yet though, same with SYNC. I still have to read a bit and start hitting buttons. lol
As far as exhaust goes, I'm pretty set on the Dynomax 39507 Stainless cat-back. It can be had for $400, which is around the same price as most of the axle-back exhausts for the Mustang and on top of that, Dynomax is offering a $75 mail-in rebate until the end of August. A $325 SS cat-back sounds pretty sweet to me!
http://www.dynomax.com/exhaust_detai...ang-3.7l-39507
http://www.dynomax.com/images/prod_imgs/39507.jpg
YouTube - ‪2011 V6 Mustang Dynomax Cat-Back Ultra Flow Exhaust‬‏
YouTube - ‪2011 Mustang V6 Dynomax Exhaust‬‏
YouTube - ‪39507_V6_duals.avi‬‏

Originally Posted by milrlyt (Post 331424)
Beautiful car, but yeah, why an automatic? Those things need to be driven!

Thank you, and see above... Trust me. It'll get driven, just like your I'm sure your automatic Monte does.

ChibiBlackSheep 06-08-2011 12:43 PM

I would want my DD to be an automatic myself.

Especially if I had a Chevelle Weekend Warrior!!!

Jon 06-08-2011 12:47 PM

Congrats on the Buy.
I still want a Mustang myself...but i want alot of things. lol
Unfortunately that Beautiful Monte is gone and i hope it finds an owner that will care for it like you did.

RickAKATed10 06-08-2011 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 331434)
I would want my DD to be an automatic myself.

Especially if I had a Chevelle Weekend Warrior!!!

Thank you. I 100% agree.

Originally Posted by Jon (Post 331435)
Congrats on the Buy.
I still want a Mustang myself...but i want alot of things. lol
Unfortunately that Beautiful Monte is gone and i hope it finds an owner that will care for it like you did.

Thank you! I hope it finds a really good owner as well. Here's hoping. Maybe they'll even find there way here. I'd like that.

Sparky-88 06-08-2011 01:03 PM

Congrat's on the new ride. Very sweet! I had the chance to drive one a few weeks ago and was heartily impressed with both performance and gas mileage. I achieved high 20's over 300+ miles of city/highway driving. Much better than I was expecting.

Enjoy! (Like I even have to say that...)

LuSe4 06-08-2011 01:12 PM

Looks really nice man. It will look even better without the stripes. you should debadge as well. Can't wait to see it all tinted and "wheeled" up. Lots of pics please!

myfirstbowtie 06-08-2011 01:54 PM

$325 is a great price for a cat-back system. I can see now why you chose that one. Of course, they don't offer one for my Monte though! :(

I didn't know you had a Chevelle. What year is it? Any pics up anywhere? I don't see it listed on the CarDomain page for your Monte.

KJRich 06-08-2011 02:02 PM

Good looking car, but my first impression was that those stripes on the sides/doors have to go. Not sure how you feel about those.
Have you checked the actual gas mileage? That trip computer in my Pace Car shows consistently 2.5-3 mpg better than it actually does when you divide the miles driven by the gallons put in. Regardless, I'd be pretty happy with the fuel mileage and 300 horsepower.

ChibiBlackSheep 06-08-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by myfirstbowtie (Post 331449)
$325 is a great price for a cat-back system. I can see now why you chose that one. Of course, they don't offer one for my Monte though! :(

I didn't know you had a Chevelle. What year is it? Any pics up anywhere? I don't see it listed on the CarDomain page for your Monte.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...elle-ss-16159/

RickAKATed10 06-08-2011 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky-88 (Post 331439)
Congrat's on the new ride. Very sweet! I had the chance to drive one a few weeks ago and was heartily impressed with both performance and gas mileage. I achieved high 20's over 300+ miles of city/highway driving. Much better than I was expecting.

Enjoy! (Like I even have to say that...)

Thanks, and I will. I guarantee it.

Originally Posted by LuSe4 (Post 331440)
Looks really nice man. It will look even better without the stripes. you should debadge as well. Can't wait to see it all tinted and "wheeled" up. Lots of pics please!

Thanks! Tape stripe delete is probably happening tonight, but I actually like the tri-bar pony emblems on the side. They're staying for now. I'll be sure post pictures as it comes along.

Originally Posted by myfirstbowtie (Post 331449)

That's what I was thinking, when I saw the regular price of $400 I was sold. The $75 back just sweetened the deal.
The '69 Chevelle SS was my dad's. He passed away in 2005.
Pics here: https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...elle-ss-16159/
And here: https://montecarloforum.com/forum/si...ss-pics-22101/

Originally Posted by KJRich (Post 331452)
Good looking car, but my first impression was that those stripes on the sides/doors have to go. Not sure how you feel about those.
Have you checked the actual gas mileage? That trip computer in my Pace Car shows consistently 2.5-3 mpg better than it actually does when you divide the miles driven by the gallons put in. Regardless, I'd be pretty happy with the fuel mileage and 300 horsepower.

Thank you! The stripes are gone tonight. I personally haven't checked the MPG's manually, but from what I've read on the Mustang Forums the DIC calc is actually conservative and manually doing it usually nets 1-2 better than displayed.

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 331456)

Thanks Mike! :)
Looking at it always makes me miss him.

77gp 06-08-2011 03:56 PM

Nice looking car and without those stripes and with your wheels will be very sharp. Then add the window tint and you're cruising. The side window louvers are relativbely cheap. I got mine on Ebay when I had the 05 and they came painted to match. Improves looks alot. Good luck with it and I hope you are happy now!

monte carlo 3831 06-08-2011 04:12 PM

very nice looking Mustang man, congrats....:thumbsup:

btw, did you take all your mods off the Monte before you sold it to the dealer? selling anything good?

RickAKATed10 06-08-2011 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by 77gp (Post 331475)
Nice looking car and without those stripes and with your wheels will be very sharp. Then add the window tint and you're cruising. The side window louvers are relativbely cheap. I got mine on Ebay when I had the 05 and they came painted to match. Improves looks alot. Good luck with it and I hope you are happy now!

Thank you, I'm very happy now!! :D As far as the window louvers go, I'm not a fan. I have other things in mind though.

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831 (Post 331476)
very nice looking Mustang man, congrats....:thumbsup:

btw, did you take all your mods off the Monte before you sold it to the dealer? selling anything good?

Thank you!! I took it all off. So just about anything I did that wasn't from the factory I'll have for sale. I just haven't gotten around to taking pictures and putting a For Sale section thread together. Stay tuned.

xxtheshockerxx 06-08-2011 04:43 PM

mustang looks good...cant wait to see it with tint, no stripe, and your wheels :D

Jomao_o 06-08-2011 04:50 PM

Congrats! +1 on taking off the stripes.

AwesomeSS 06-08-2011 06:59 PM

Very nice!!!! Congrats on the new ride!

Jon 06-08-2011 07:38 PM

i dont mind the stripes but i bet it will/does look better without.

AwesomeSS 06-08-2011 08:08 PM

Does it still have the "My Color" Dash? My 05 had that and it was so cool to be able to change the color of the interior lighting. The only thing that is stopping me from buying a new one is that it doesn't come with a factory installed sunroof - that's my deal breaker. That's too bad cause we know the owner of the local Ford Dealership.

Space 06-09-2011 07:10 AM

Hi Ted & Member's,
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__yhAZzLxl5...rd-Mustang.jpg
The More I read about the Mustang, the more I like it : )
-0-60 in 5.4 sec's & 1/4 Mile in 14 Flat :eek::congrats:
Check out the below vid's
2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Short Take Road Test - Car and Driver
YouTube - ‪2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Short Take Road Test - Car and Driver‬‏
===============================================

YouTube - ‪2011 Ford Mustang V6 Review‬‏
:rolleyes:
Smok'in V6 4-Sure

RickAKATed10 06-09-2011 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx (Post 331484)
mustang looks good...cant wait to see it with tint, no stripe, and your wheels :D

Thanks you, I'll post some stripe-less pics up soon.

Originally Posted by Jomao_o (Post 331488)
Congrats! +1 on taking off the stripes.

Thanks! They're gone now. Took about 20 minutes total. It looks 100x better too.

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS (Post 331508)
Very nice!!!! Congrats on the new ride!

Thanks Amy!

Originally Posted by Jon (Post 331519)
i dont mind the stripes but i bet it will/does look better without.

It looks much better without.

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS (Post 331526)
Does it still have the "My Color" Dash? My 05 had that and it was so cool to be able to change the color of the interior lighting. The only thing that is stopping me from buying a new one is that it doesn't come with a factory installed sunroof - that's my deal breaker. That's too bad cause we know the owner of the local Ford Dealership.

It does have MyColor and it's awesome. I'm currently rocking white guages with an ice blue halo and ice blue ambient lighting. lol I personally don't mind not having a sunroof. The roof is really short and it might look a little strange opened. They do have the $2,000 glass roof option, but I think that's a waste of money. Plus, Mustangs never have had a sunroof option as far as I know. It keeps it classic.

'Space, thank you. You'd know it even more if you drove one. lol Go take one for a test drive, you'll fall in love. I sure have.

More pics soon.

myfirstbowtie 06-09-2011 09:32 AM

When you get the Dynomax system on, please post a video on YouTube for us. I'd love to see & hear it installed.

RickAKATed10 06-09-2011 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by myfirstbowtie (Post 331619)
When you get the Dynomax system on, please post a video on YouTube for us. I'd love to see & hear it installed.

I think I can do that for ya! lol

Here are some more pics too.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...g/IMG_1920.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...g/IMG_1921.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...g/IMG_1922.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...g/IMG_1932.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...g/IMG_1929.jpg

And now tape stripe removed:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...g/IMG_1936.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...g/IMG_1937.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...g/IMG_1938.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...g/IMG_1925.jpg

I love this car!!! :D

ChibiBlackSheep 06-09-2011 11:43 AM

Very Nice!

RickAKATed10 06-09-2011 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 331643)
Very Nice!

Thanks Mike!

Space 06-09-2011 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi `Rick,
Thanks for sharing your updated pictures...It gives me more incentives to keep working towards my dream(s).

It already looks 100% better then the dealer photo's 4-Sure.
Look 4ward to seeing all your updates & mod's.

EnJoy your "Summer" 4-Sure...
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/at...9&d=1307639057