Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, November 3rd 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 01:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Hi Amy: Your Mustang looks great ! I think my wifes Cobalt and your Mustang are pretty close in color. LOVE that color . Dave ( stumpmi) Yup I'll be hanging out on here like i did last yr. Normally the 1st thing in the morning & the last thing at night. . But there is a 3 hrs time defference between Mi & AZ So you be up way before I will. . Just checked out the brakes on the Cobalt and oil change and stuff. Her car has 102,000 miles on it. And still doesn't need brakes ? Those are the factory brakes the car came with. I'm going to have to buy her a NEW pair of Boots. Cause she sure ain't using the brakes

Old 11-03-2012, 01:28 PM

Hi Rick, your wife must never STOP Good to see you back online...I have to go on recharge...Check with U & member's tomorrow (I hope)...Peace/Out

Old 11-03-2012, 01:44 PM

^^^^^ anxiously waiting for my 02 SS to be back from the shop. just bought the car, the dealer is swapping a low mileage trans into it. they've had it for almost 2 weeks. got a call yesterday that it was done, however, somehow, they figured out i had a bad power steering line and it "burst" when the tech went to take it for a test drive.

according to the service manager that checked it out, the "plastic fender lining had worn a hole into the STEEL line of the power steering line..."

personally, i am pretty skeptical on that excuse. my hunch is that the tech forgot that the line was attached to the subframe and/or pinched it/bent it when the trans was coming out/or going in.

dont know what really happened, but now, i wont get the car back until at least monday, which will be exactly 2 weeks.

they've had the car in the shop longer than i have been able to drive it.

at least i get a POS 2010 ford focus to drive around, lol

Old 11-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Yes I thought MOTM should be enjoyed by one lucky member and Matt really has done wonders to his! It was an honor to tie him!! Lets let him enjoy this month! There will be other months and who knows! Maybe I'll get lucky again!
Devin, you really didn't have to do that but I appreciate the recognition and the move a lot, thank you. It was an honor to have tied with you and your Monte.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Free gas? i highly doubt that... As of my last time out i only saw 1 station with gas, all others had none. Edit: ok so they are giving away gas, just not in my area.

Last edited by Leprechaun93; 11-03-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

This is my 13 yr old pure breed American Lab....
His name is Zeus...
When I got up this morning..He kinda looked at me as if to say:
Dad Im not feeling very good...In august just before we left for vacation..I took him to the vet because he had a fatty bump that had burst and another one developeing on his left hind hip....
They did a biopsy, and said its just fatty bumps... and gave him antibiotics, some Benadryl...along with some liquid pain meds....
During the trip he was doing great! Full of Energetic, Happy to go for a walk (he always likes his walks)..his appetite was really good...

However, as of this moment..he hasnt eatn a thing (dog food)..(except acpl peices of chicken the mrs gave him from her lunch).hes drinking lots of water..... But is moveing really slowly..kinda panting at times....and now..Both his fatty bumps are getting huge! The one on his side is now almost the size of a football and the one on his left hind quarter is the size
of a small baseball...
Im getting really worried about him..!
His vet doesnt open til monday...hes not complaining by any means...hes just not very active..besides not eating...you can tell hes not feeling well...I would take him to the Emergency vet....But I dont believe (feel) that hes in a desperate state...Im planning on taken him to his regular vet first thing Monday Morning when they open...Provided he doesnt get any worse between now and then.
I fear there gonna say that his bumps are inoperable...His last visit at the vet they did say that his liver is enlarged...But all his blood work was good and he didnt have like diabetes or anything...They said overall his health was good...for his age...

I know dogs instictively fast when they dont feel well and drink a lot of water to flush there system out...But today....He doesnt look or act like himself....Im afraid that I just might have to put him down....and its killn me to even type those words...
Hes been a great and loyal friend!...Hes definately one of the family as all you pet owners know... I dont know whats gonna happen between now and then (Monday). and im keepn a close eye on him.. Even if i remotely think he is any pain....I will give him a small amount of pain medicine and see if that helps him to feel a little better....
I'll definately know his condition..later this evening to see if he still willing to go for a walk.. like always..his Happiest time of the day is his walk! If he doesnt..Then I know hes definately not well and that just 1 more thing I can let the vet know so we can better acess his overall health... Dont want to bring anyone down..thats not why Im telling you..I just needed to vent some...Because....after all....Hes part of the ....Family!....and it will be a HUGE loss to me.... If noone minds I will update you this evening whether he wants to go for his walk or not...
Thanksfor allowing me to vent.

Attached Thumbnails Saturday, November 3rd 2012-wp_000048.jpg  
Old 11-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon everyone. So, Amanda and I are officially a couple now. We went on our first date exactly one month ago tomorrow.

Decided I'm NOT going to put the Monte in winter storage quite yet. I was going to do it today, but I'm now thinking the weekend of the 17th or 24th depending on the weather.

Gas is back up 30 cents here. Paid $3.46 for premium which isn't that bad actually, considering it was over $4.00 a few months ago.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:25 PM

Dave (Stumpmi) - my dog Joe just went through a health emergency and I learned one important thing: panting can mean the animal's in pain. When I noticed Joe lying on the couch (resting) but panting for no reason I could see, it turned out his kidney stones were causing pain. Luckily I got him to the emergency vet hospital and he spent the night (I'm still paying THAT bill!). Can you call an emergency clinic for advice over the phone? I would give him the pain meds if he refuses a walk tonite or otherwise acts like something hurts. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:05 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Love the looks of your mustang amy, why dont u get a Diablosport tuner? They always have updates for new tunes

Old 11-03-2012, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
This is my 13 yr old pure breed American Lab....
His name is Zeus...
When I got up this morning..He kinda looked at me as if to say:
Dad Im not feeling very good...In august just before we left for vacation..I took him to the vet because he had a fatty bump that had burst and another one developeing on his left hind hip....
They did a biopsy, and said its just fatty bumps... and gave him antibiotics, some Benadryl...along with some liquid pain meds....
During the trip he was doing great! Full of Energetic, Happy to go for a walk (he always likes his walks)..his appetite was really good...

However, as of this moment..he hasnt eatn a thing (dog food)..(except acpl peices of chicken the mrs gave him from her lunch).hes drinking lots of water..... But is moveing really slowly..kinda panting at times....and now..Both his fatty bumps are getting huge! The one on his side is now almost the size of a football and the one on his left hind quarter is the size
of a small baseball...
Im getting really worried about him..!
His vet doesnt open til monday...hes not complaining by any means...hes just not very active..besides not eating...you can tell hes not feeling well...I would take him to the Emergency vet....But I dont believe (feel) that hes in a desperate state...Im planning on taken him to his regular vet first thing Monday Morning when they open...Provided he doesnt get any worse between now and then.
I fear there gonna say that his bumps are inoperable...His last visit at the vet they did say that his liver is enlarged...But all his blood work was good and he didnt have like diabetes or anything...They said overall his health was good...for his age...

I know dogs instictively fast when they dont feel well and drink a lot of water to flush there system out...But today....He doesnt look or act like himself....Im afraid that I just might have to put him down....and its killn me to even type those words...
Hes been a great and loyal friend!...Hes definately one of the family as all you pet owners know... I dont know whats gonna happen between now and then (Monday). and im keepn a close eye on him.. Even if i remotely think he is any pain....I will give him a small amount of pain medicine and see if that helps him to feel a little better....
I'll definately know his condition..later this evening to see if he still willing to go for a walk.. like always..his Happiest time of the day is his walk! If he doesnt..Then I know hes definately not well and that just 1 more thing I can let the vet know so we can better acess his overall health... Dont want to bring anyone down..thats not why Im telling you..I just needed to vent some...Because....after all....Hes part of the ....Family!....and it will be a HUGE loss to me.... If noone minds I will update you this evening whether he wants to go for his walk or not...
Thanksfor allowing me to vent.
Yeah it's hard to lose a dog that has been with you a long time. I have four buried in my yard. I have two new dogs a collie and a border collie and a mutt about 6 years old...

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, November 3rd 2012