Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, November 3rd 2012

Old 11-02-2012, 11:08 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010
Arrow Saturday, November 3rd 2012

Monte Carlo Friends
to your
Member's `Blog
Saturday, November 3, 2012

What are you doing Today ?
* Members, post what is happening in your life/family, your hobbies, cars, etc. We are here 24/7
Please check `In & let us & our sponsors know that you were here !
Make a post & become a part of the
MonteCarloFamily

The MCF is a StressFree-Fun-Automotive Family Zone
Please don't hurt with your words/post!
Give Respect to `Member's - Get Respect from `Member's
> Your words paint the picture of you <
========================
If you have not read our MCF Rules ?
Please click below link to enjoy your Monte Carlo Forum Experience

-> Please Read - Thank You! - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

November 2012
Monte of the Month Winner

Member: 06mistreSS (Matt)

Congratulations `Matt

~ The MCF Winners Galleries ~
Monte of the Month
^Click ^
Click above link to view all our SuperSuper MCF Winner's
Created & Re-Created by Administrator `Taz (Lou)<~Thank You!

* Thanks Member's for checking in with your
Monte Carlo Family & keeping our forum active!
Please Welcome our New Member's

Today's MCF `Blog posted by `Mike - Member:03JGMonte

Last edited by Space; 11-03-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:11 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

GOOD MORNING MCF!! Hope Everyone Has A Great Day!!

Old 11-02-2012, 11:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning everyone!!

Old 11-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

I made a nominal donation just now, maybe more members can also help the effort! ............

The deadly superstorm slammed into the East Coast on October 29, wreaking havoc in New Jersey, New York and many other states. The record storm surge flooded towns up and down the coast, while millions remain without power days later.
Here's how you can help those in need: Donate to the organizations that are mobilizing relief efforts in the region.

AMERICAN RED CROSS: The humanitarian organization led by volunteers and guided by its Congressional Charter and the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement will provide relief to victims of disaster and help people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies. Mobilizing disaster workers, emergency vehicles, shelters and relief supplies to the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast states. Designate your gift to 'Disaster Relief.' DONATE HERE.

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 11-03-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Goodmorning everyone. I made a pretty big decision today. Going to demod the Monte and possibly sell it.

I already have a bit of interest on some of the parts, looking to get rid of most of it and put it towards a new project

I still plan on sticking around the site forever tho!

Now it's time to bed then I have studying all day tomorrow for another Business Law test.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:22 AM
Lightbulb "Be Happy 2 `be ToDay 4-Sure"

Happy New `Day to EveryOne!
- Thanks `Mike (JG) for starting our MCF `Day/Blog
- Don't 4-get to turn back your clocks 2night

- Good Morning `Devin..I noticed you gave `up your win in the November 2012 MOTM contest, so that `Matt
could `be the sole winner...That says a lot about you & your character..You still are a winner to me 4-Sure
`Chris, thanks for posting about the Red Cross + your donation
(I made a thread about it yesterday, but no one replied)
`Mitch, I understand & I wish you Good Luck on your `Journey of `Life...

On my 1st break of my night shift & starting my next shift in the office shortly.
When I get `off work, I'll be going to go visit a senior friend in the hospital that's
getting close to their end.
Work & Life has been super busy 4 me 4-Sure.
There's just not enough time in one day, or I'm try'in 2 get to much done. (lol)

* So many are without & have never prepared how to survive without help, power, gas, etc.
They never learned to be self sufficient. It's very sad.

- Wish everyone a Happy Day-`Life

EnJoy your `journey of `Life 2`Day

What `if ?
<CLICK< itxtNodeId="1086" itxtHarvested="0" i>Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 11-03-2012 at 05:14 AM. Reason: because I made a lot of mistakes, as always (lol)
Old 11-03-2012, 04:29 AM

Happy 23rd Birthday `Drew
Member: BlackBeatuy 89
MCF Member since March 1987
Owatonna, Minnesota

Old 11-03-2012, 05:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Saturday morning to you all. Getting ready to leave for work. It is CCoolld out. Check in later..

Old 11-03-2012, 05:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Happy Birthday Drew!
Good morning space glad to see you on this morning!!
Yes I thought MOTM should be enjoyed by one lucky member and Matt really has done wonders to his! It was an honor to tie him!! Lets let him enjoy this month! There will be other months and who knows! Maybe I'll get lucky again!

Hope you and every other member has a wonderful day!! Another hour of pay for me tonight!

Old 11-03-2012, 05:26 AM
Smile Send `Space back "PLEASE"

Good Morning Jerry, Devin & Member's,
`Jerry, hows the Impala ? Pictures please
Hi `Devin, it's great that you are hourly & get paid on the
turn back..I'm on salary, but happy 2 `be work'in
My departure from the MCF has been delayed
I'm still here filling `up MCF space
==============================
Third launch of secret Air Force space plane delayed again
Blastoff pushed back two weeks to Nov. 27 for inquiry of engine glitch on related flight..
Space is on stand-by

BoeingDesigned to be launched like a satellite and land like an airplane, the second X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle, built by Boeing for the U.S. Air Force’s Rapid Capabilities Office, is an affordable, reusable space vehicle.

By Leonard David

and

updated <ABBR class="dtstamp updated" title=2012-11-02T21:34:43>11/2/2012 5:34:43 PM ET</ABBR>2012-11-02T21:34:43

The launch of the third Air Force X-37B spaceship, a secret space plane used for classified missions in Earth orbit, has been postponed, officials said.

The liftoff of an Atlas 5 rocket set to carry the robotic X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle (OTV-3), which looks like a mini space shuttle, has now been slipped to Nov. 27, pending confirmation that the rocket range can support the launch.

According to a statement today from spokesperson Jessica Rye of United Launch Alliance (ULA), which builds the Atlas 5, the leadership at ULA and the Air Force agreed to postpone the launch of the X-37B for two weeks.

The postponement stems from an ongoing investigation of an engine glitch during an Oct. 5 flight of a Delta 4 booster, a relative to the Atlas 5. That launcher experienced a lower-than-normal upper-stage engine chamber pressure when it launched to place a Global Positioning System (GPS) IIF-3 spacecraft into orbit. [Photos: The X-37B Space Plane Unmasked]

Holding off on the liftoff of the Atlas 5 will allow for additional flight data anomaly investigation activities of the Delta 4 engine glitch and a thorough "crossover assessment" for the X-37B OTV launch vehicle, officials said.
  1. Space news from NBCNews.com

1. NASA / JPL-Caltech / MSSS / KrisK / JMKnapp

Mars rover snaps spooky self-portraits

Science editor Alan Boyle's blog: It looks as if someone is taking portraits of NASA's Curiosity rover on Mars from a few feet away — but who's the photographer?

Spacewalkers troubleshoot leaky radiator

Although the Atlas 5 that's being readied to propel the unpiloted OTV-3 into Earth orbit utilizes a different model of the Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne RL-10 engine than the Delta 4, Air Force Space Command commander Gen. William Shelton asked for a discretionary accident investigation board (AIB) to investigate why the Delta 4 RL-10B-2 upper-stage engine did not perform as expected. As its standard process, the Air Force reviews all flight data to determine if it's ready to proceed with the next liftoff.

"This flight data anomaly investigation is being conducted with investigative processes that have been refined over decades of launch experience and include extensive reconstruction of the flight data with analytical models, as well as detailed inspections of several engines," Rye said in a statement Friday.

Unmanned space test platform

The X-37B mission was originally slated to blast off from the Space Launch Complex 41 at Florida's Cape Canaveral Air Force Station on Oct. 25, and then was slipped to Nov. 13, and now Nov. 27.

When the Air Force robotic space plane — carrying a classified payload — heads for space, it will be the third launch for the X-37B program, and will mark the first re-flight of one of the space planes built by Boeing Government Space Systems.

This same vehicle flew the first flight of the X-37B program back in 2010. That maiden voyage of OTV-1 lasted 225 days, eventually zooming in on autopilot over the Pacific Ocean and gliding down onto a specially prepared runway at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.

NASA / MSFC
NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center image shows on-orbit functions for the reusable X-37 space plane, now under the wing of the U.S. Air Force.
Similarly, the OTV-2 mission, using a different space plane model, made a Vandenberg touchdown on June 16 of this year, having remained in orbit for 469 days, more than doubling the 225 days its sister ship stayed on orbit.
The X-37B craft is 29 feet (8.8 meters) long and 15 feet (4.5 m) wide, with a payload bay about the size of a pickup truck bed.

Flights of the X-37B are conducted under the auspices of the Air Force's Rapid Capabilities Office. According to an Air Force factsheet, the Rapid Capabilities Office is working on the X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle "to demonstrate a reliable, reusable, unmanned space test platform for the United States Air Force."

Leonard David has been reporting on the space industry for more than five decades. He is a winner of last year's National Space Club Press Award and a past editor-in-chief of the National Space Society's Ad Astra and Space World magazines. He has written for Space.com since 1999.

Stand by, check back to see the departure..
Isn't it just amazing what a member can learn on the MCF

Last edited by Space; 11-03-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, November 3rd 2012