Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, December 8th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 10:15 AM

Hi Seattle `Mike, `Joe, Keane, `Mel, `Chris & Member's

Hi `Chris, we all have 2 do, what we all have to `do...Be Happy/Thankful that you are working & can earn some extra funds $'s & hopefully have fun later...I hope your work day goes fast & that your off time is slow & fun...

I've been cleaning my grandfather's pool/garage & minor repairs around his home as I jump on & off the MCF

Wish everyone a safe/fun/happy WeekEnd ~> EnJoy

Old 12-08-2012, 10:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all. We woke up to a thick blanket of snow. Looks like about 2 to 3 inches and still falling. Im gonna have to shovel the sidewalk pretty soon. I'm buying a snowblower after christmas.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:57 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Morning Everyone, getting ready to change a wheel bearing lol

Old 12-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I want to voice my opinion on money for a minute since its on my mind. I personally believe there does come a point where money does not matter, no matter how much you're making. If all you're doing is working working working and you never have free time, whats the use in having the money if you dont have time to spend it.(that is if you dont have alot of bills to pay, thats a different story) But whats the use in earning the money if you don't have any time to go out and have fun with some friends. If you dont have free time and some friends,whether you're dirt floor poor or filthy rich, it wouldn't make a difference.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

(From yesterdays Blog)
Hi `Jen,
I mostly get my pictures & emoticons from Google's for my post creations & my attempts to express myself or my style.
I also use Photobucket for many pictures...It takes time to be different 4-Sure, but it's fun...It's a weird alien thing
makes sense There is just so many!
Dreary day today...again. Been cloudy for the past 3 days. Atleast I'm off again

Old 12-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Question

Hi Keane,
Which is more important ? Time or Money ?
I think it's a choice each person has to make/decide & it depends on their circumstances/responsibilities/requirement to survive the way that they need/want & desire...

I was taught `if I wanted anything in life that I was going to have to give `up to get it & that I did not have a free ride. I was taught to `be self sufficient & have worked since I could walk...

Which is more important: money or time? They're both valuable in many ways. For many years people wanted to know the answer to this question. The answer to that question is right in front of your face, but society blinded us with the value of money. When a child is born they're not born with money. They’re born with time. Time is more important than money. What are you without Time ? What are you without Money ?

Time is way more valuable than money because you can’t get it back . Money comes and goes. (for me it goes faster then it comes) Anything lost can be found again, except for time wasted. Money has a readily exchangeable market, is highly liquid and fungible, and can be saved for a ZR`1 or dream ride. A dollar is a dollar no matter the transaction type and so what comes to mind as the next best use for money remains fairly constant across situations.

In contrast, time is not as readily exchangeable and is perishable and cannot effectively be inventoried for use at a later time, despite some ability for postponement.

On the other hand, those willing to spend a little extra time can often save or earn a great deal of money. When shopping, those that take the time to compare prices among stores or clip coupons can save significant sums. Those that work overtime or devote time to researching sound financial investments can also turn their time into additional money.

For these folks, the extra hours they spend working or thinking carefully about purchases and investments can result in money earned or saved.

Despite the two sides to this coin, there are many similarities between time and money. Both are saved. Both are spent. Both are in demand. And it seems that both are always in short supply. But which is more valued?

I believe that each person must decide for themselves
What your priorities are in life ? What is important to you or others in your life that are in need ? It's everyone's choice, and everyone is different...I believe everyone has to `do what is best 4 them...`Amen

Has this post been a good investment of my time ? or has it been a watse of time ?
=====================================
Hi `Jen, I'm happy that it make sense to you...Many don't understand my words or posts...I do my best to post in human terms, but I'm still adapting to the way things are on Planet `Earth

Wish you & everyone some Time & $'s 2 have some `fun 4-$ure

Last edited by Space; 12-08-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Morning Everyone, getting ready to change a wheel bearing lol

Hi `Mike, are you ready yet ? Which ride are you working on ? How long is it going to take you 2 do it ?
Why did it go Bad ? What's more important ~> Time or Money ? Oh, "What's the meaning of `Life ?" (lol)

I hope it's a easy fix & you can get some time `Off to have some fun ~> EnJoy

Old 12-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It does depend on your circumstances for sure. You have to give to get for sure, but i do hope you understand my point. Like you said, money you can give and get, time you can not. Once its gone its gone, there will always be oportunities to make money in life, but if you pass up something happening at a certain time, you can not get it back.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:58 AM

..Yes `Keane, I understand your point...and your words...
I believe that a person is only as good or bad as the actions of their words....It's another choice in life...

"To speak true & walk your talk (act your words), or to not speak true" Choices....We are still free to choose (?)
I prefer people in my life that speak & act `True 4-Sure!!!!!!

I've found or learned that there are to many in life that don't keep their promises, or their words...I find it sad

Would you want someone working for you that did not speak/act true ? Did not live up to their contract/agreements ?, their words ?

Peace/Out from`Space

We's Blog'in & my break is over & I must get back to finishing what I promised to `do (lol)

Last edited by Space; 12-08-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:24 PM

My BeachBum Friends just arrived & they are going to help me finish my chores & we are going to watch the below
Red Bull Rampage Hottie Collision

What happens when one of Maxim's Hotties, Brooke Weisebender, takes a bike off a sick jump under the direction of Red Bull Legend, Andreu Lacondeguy? Watch this video and find out! Also, don't forget to tune-in to the full Red Bull Rampage broadcast on NBC this Saturday, December 8 at 2PM EST.

Red Bull Rampage Hottie Collision | Red Bull Signature Series < Click

Click above link to view a short `vid & `if you don't have anything else to do @ 2PM today, check out the Red Bull Rampage on NBC...It's wild/fun 4-Sure....Peace/Out from `Space

Last edited by Space; 12-08-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, December 8th 2012