Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, December 17, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

On the short breaks we get it's more of a snack than anything but I always eat something. My day (as far as eating) usually goes like this: Wake up, PT, 1st meal immediately after PT. I'll eat a 2nd meal (slightly larger) shortly before I go to work. Snack on 1st break, decent sized meal at lunch (somewhat smaller than my 2nd meal), snack on last break. Snack when I get home, then I go to bed about an hour after that last meal.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i might have to try it sometime. i think i could manage that. thanks for the info.

edit: i noticed that i usually stay the same weight for like 2 weeks then the next week 3-5 lbs will just disappear. Seemed weird to me but it seems to be working

Last edited by xxtheshockerxx; 12-17-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member

Spreading out your food intake like that speeds up your metabolism. And having your larger meals earlier in the day also kick starts your metabolism for the day. Honest to God, that's the only thing I changed in the last year as far as diet is concerned. Same physical training regimin and everything as well.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:25 PM

Good afternoon everyone. I woke about an hour and a half ago. The baby was crying. That makes an awesome alarm clock. Very hard to sleep thru. Susan went out and did a little shopping. She is a bit sore today. I think she did too much yesterday. I forgot to mention that Ariel rolled over for the first time yesterday.
Angie I hope you have a safe trip. Be careful with all you do while on your vacation.
I have to start getting ready for work. I will check in later.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

afternoon all.

Old 12-17-2011, 03:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Late check in for me. Hope all is well here..

Old 12-17-2011, 05:20 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Afternoon Everyone, nm goin on here got the new ride home detailed pics to come soon

Old 12-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
yep. thanks. didnt do anything else. i rode 20+ miles 5 times a week at about a 17-18mph average. Put 2000 miles on my bike in like 6-7 months. now i ride a fluid trainer 5 times a week for an hour at a time.

If you have any bike trails in your area i really recommend it. I really enjoy riding and it is nice to be able to get away for awhile and clear your head.

i always over ate and i knew i was eating way too much. I weighed 255lbs in march and i weigh 205lbs right now. I'm 6'3" and have a little more i could lose around the midsection. I might have to try the smaller/more meals a day. but it is hard to eat more than once at work so we will see.
Wow 20 miles a day, my but would hurt too much after that We go have a trail around here, its 11.5 mile rail trail. Further north there is the Walkway over the hudson if anyone has ever heard about that. I havent ridden the local trail in sooooo long. The problem with riding there is you have to load up the bike and drive there and i just never have enough will power to get up and go. Best i did was at the beggining of summer i would walk a couple miles a day. i NEED to get back to that but i'm always working Biking around here is a workout, almost nothign flat its all up or down hill.

Party is now over, everyone had a good time. The local FD had santa on the fire truck driving around, they always happen to do it the day we have out christmas party, real cool for the little kids Now to sit here in peace and quiet.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:39 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Hi all! Just cleaned house laundry and food shopping today. I had to mail some documents today - big mistake to go to the post office today. The line was out the door. Just relaxing now before I have to go to work tonight.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:59 PM

WOW! This is post 1000. Unbelievable in just about five months. I never knew I had so much to say, either that or I say a whole lot about absolutely nothing. I guess you can decide that and let me know. LOL.
I'm just checking in. Half my shift is almost over at the mouse house and I have been fairly busy. The dayshift manager asked me to look at two gas water heaters that were down in one of the lodge buildings. He said it would be awesome if I could get at least one running. In each zone we have three boilers for hot water. The third is mostly for backup if one goes down. One boiler can handle the whole zone unless all the guests demand hot water at the same time then one can't quite handle the whole demand and the second one is needed. Having two running means no guest will take a cold shower unless they want to. I checked out the first boiler and the gas valve has failed. It is a pain in the rear to changed. I then went to the second boiler and found the blower motor not working. It has power so I changed the capacitor. Still not working so I changed the blower assembly. Of course the new one is slightly different from the old so I had to modify it to make it work. It is now working fine so they have two boilers working. I will let the dayshift guy change the gas valve. The boilers are his job anyway. Now I have to go look at an ice machine and then to lunch. I will check back later. I hope everyone is having a good evening.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, December 17, 2011