Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, December 17, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Someone did that with an L67 and a Grand Prix Leprechaun. As soon as I have the money I'll be doing a RWD L67 build. Can't wait to do it but right now the wallet doesn't agree. Another thing to factor in if I do think about dating this girl.

Can't remember if I mentioned it but she does have 2 kids (2 and 1. I think she said 19 months apart or something like that). Reminds me of the boat my mom was in when I was a kid before she met the man I call Dad (he adopted me after marrying my mom). Also made this song come to mind. Honest to God I cried first time I heard this song because of everything Dad did that he didn't have to do.

Brad Paisley - He Didn't Have To Be - YouTube

Old 12-17-2011, 11:06 AM

You're Welcome `Greg (Sgt Miller),
I hope you can get back on day shift & back on the MCF
I can't believe how fast this year has flown ..It's like your Beast was driving 2011 ...Wish you a great holidays 4-Sure.
============================================
Drew, 2 & a half hours is a good fast charge to the system..
I average about 4 hours a day, but I'm starting to feel like I need more : ) I have to cut back on so much coffee LOL
Isn't there some games 2days ? I do get the chance to watch..
EnJoy your day.
=======================================
Hi Keane, it's great that you got a break...EnJoy your party & your day...I seen that vid b-4 & I wish it was better quality.
Thanks for sharing....Have a Super Day & fun @ the party..
========================================
Zach, you made page one of the Blog 2day...Congrat's
I hope U don't have 2 get out there with all the crazies
EnJoy ~> whatever U `do & be happy 2 be & own a AweSome S.S. 4-Sure
+++++++++++++++++++++
Mike (JG), you also made page one 2day Yes, YOU
Can't wait to get a complete review of your new ride, +++++Pictures....Wish you the best 4-Sure...U R so lucky

Old 12-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Congrat's to Zach(Our biggest MCF Loser)...WoW `Zach, super that you lost 50 lbs since last spring Post some b-4 & after pictures....We should have put you on that TV show & you could've won a New ZR`1 Corvette
thanks Space

i wish i would have taken some pics. but i never thought i would lose that much. i planned on 20 lbs at the most and never thought i would be riding as much as i have been.

Last edited by xxtheshockerxx; 12-17-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:17 AM

Your Welcome `Zach, I'm sure it was more then riding your bike...Did you watch what you ate ? I think it's great that you lost that much...Don't you feel 100% better ?
I eat like a horse, & still can't gain weight...My doc says I have a fast metabolism...It must be supercharged...I do stay active & will continue to eat everything in front of me...

I hope you keep up riding & staying in shape...Oh, your Monte should be faster now that it's carrying less weight
Wish U a SuperSuper `Day 4-Sure

Old 12-17-2011, 11:21 AM
RED DEVIL

true the monte is pry a little faster

i didnt officially diet. just tried to eat less. I cant pass up good food tho

I do feel alot better and i have alot more energy now than i did when i started. Also my back hasnt locked up yet this winter and i am guessing that is from the weight loss and probably cus my back is alot stronger. (i have an extra lower vertebra normal ppl have L1-L5...i have an L6)

Going to look at a new bike today or tomorrow. i figured i would get an upgrade sometime kinda as a reward for the hard work

Old 12-17-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Another thing to factor in if I do think about dating this girl.

Brad Paisley - He Didn't Have To Be - YouTube

Drew - loved this video! Call the girl!!

Old 12-17-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Possum
Drew - loved this video! Call the girl!!
Hi `Angie, Yes ~> I agree ~> Drew should call her & put her on speed dial...I'm listening to the vid as I type this & I really like that song also...One of the guys I work with sings it often (and he has a great voice)...Several of the guys sing a lot during the night shift & they sound decent when they sing 2gether) We do our best to make our jobs fun
`Angie, wish you a SuperSuper Day & WeekEnd.. Thanks for checking in with your Monte Carlo Family
===============================
`Zach, thanks 4 your reply, and we all wanta see pic's of the bike that you want to get....Keep up the good work...
I'm just about finished with an extended night shift & really ready 4 my reCharge : ) Peace/Out from `Space

Old 12-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
thanks Space

i wish i would have taken some pics. but i never thought i would lose that much. i planned on 20 lbs at the most and never thought i would be riding as much as i have been.
you lost most of the weight by riding your bike? and congrats btw aswell I need to jump on the weight loss band wagon here

Old 12-17-2011, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member

Space, there's plenty of college basketball on today. I'll be watching Indiana at 330 my time (430 your time). There are also a couple bowl games on as well I think. We sing a lot on night shift as well. One of the funniest things ever is if "Friends in Low Places" comes on one of the black guys on the line sings it with me haha. He's a character but definitely one of the most awesome guys on the line. He's also a huge family guy fan.

Zach, I didn't change what I ate or quantities at all; what I changed was spreading that quantity out into more "meals". Instead of 3 meals a day, I have 5 or 6 smaller meals. Once I start working out again, I'll probably have to up the quantities, but it'll be the first time in 3 years I will have changed my daily intake of food. Apparently it worked though, cause I've lost 30 lbs in the last year. Weighed 225 in early December 2010, now I weigh 195 (at least as of a couple weeks ago). I don't want to lose much more though because I'm at the low end of my healthy weight for my height and build. I need to work on putting on some more muscle mass.

Angie, I plan on calling her in a couple hours. I can't remember what off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure she said she had something going on right about this time of year. I was somewhat buzzed but thankfully I had the presence of mind to get her number before she left to go home LOL. Helps that my friend (the host) made sure I remembered. I went to go grab some more food and he was like "you need to make sure and get her number before one of y'all leave." Him and his wife really want to hook her up with a good guy and I guess I'm the one they want for her now LOL.

Last edited by SupplySgt; 12-17-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:58 AM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
you lost most of the weight by riding your bike? and congrats btw aswell I need to jump on the weight loss band wagon here
yep. thanks. didnt do anything else. i rode 20+ miles 5 times a week at about a 17-18mph average. Put 2000 miles on my bike in like 6-7 months. now i ride a fluid trainer 5 times a week for an hour at a time.

If you have any bike trails in your area i really recommend it. I really enjoy riding and it is nice to be able to get away for awhile and clear your head.

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Space, there's plenty of college basketball on today. I'll be watching Indiana at 330 my time (430 your time). There are also a couple bowl games on as well I think.

Zach, I didn't change what I ate or quantities at all; what I changed was spreading that quantity out into more "meals". Instead of 3 meals a day, I have 5 or 6 smaller meals. Once I start working out again, I'll probably have to up the quantities, but it'll be the first time in 3 years I will have changed my daily intake of food. Apparently it worked though, cause I've lost 30 lbs in the last year. Weighed 225 in early December 2010, now I weigh 195 (at least as of a couple weeks ago). I don't want to lose much more though because I'm at the low end of my healthy weight for my height and build. I need to work on putting on some more muscle mass.
i always over ate and i knew i was eating way too much. I weighed 255lbs in march and i weigh 205lbs right now. I'm 6'3" and have a little more i could lose around the midsection. I might have to try the smaller/more meals a day. but it is hard to eat more than once at work so we will see.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, December 17, 2011