Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Ryan... (slowmontecarlo)...MonteCarlo got totaled Today

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 10:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow really glad he's okay

Old 08-04-2013, 10:17 AM

I'm glad he's ok, there's too many bad drivers that put good driver's out of a nice car. Especially a Monte.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

I'm glad he is okay, he put a lot of time and effort into all the customization of his Monte and it looked great!

If I'm not mistaking wasn't he turbo charged?

Old 08-04-2013, 12:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

WOW!! Thanks for updating us David! I'm sure right now the last thing he wants to do is hope on MCF (as you mentioned, he's still in shock). At least he's OK!!! Cars can be replaced.

Man, what gives!! This year is a BAD year to be a Monte owner. After mine got a hit-n-run, I think 2 others on MCF had issues, I saw a 6th gen that I pass frequently on my ride to/from work now has a messed up front end, I'm sure I'm missing a couple, and then this!!! I don't think I've heard near so much bad luck for Montes in one summer!!

Old 08-04-2013, 05:35 PM

Hey guys just wanted to let you all know I am ok. Like Dave said some idiot in a F-250 ran a red light while I was making a Michigan left turn and slammed right into me. I never even seen him coming and didn't stand a chance. So sad all these years working on this car and it comes to this. This past spring alone I put an entire new turbo kit, intake and fuel lines on it along with a full revamp on the suspension. Just pissed off for now but I will get over it and come back even stronger.

It is just a car afterall and I am fortunate to be alright, thanks everyone for the well-wishes. BTW the monte took good care of me these cars are tough, it did knock me out for a split second but I feel just fine today. I did go to the clinic to get checked out and get x-rays too and the doctor said I would be just fine. What a ride though!! RIP slowmontecarlo 2003-2013

Attached Thumbnails Ryan... (slowmontecarlo)...MonteCarlo got totaled Today-img_3736.jpg   Ryan... (slowmontecarlo)...MonteCarlo got totaled Today-img_3742.jpg   Ryan... (slowmontecarlo)...MonteCarlo got totaled Today-img_3739.jpg  
Old 08-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by slowmontecarlo
Hey guys just wanted to let you all know I am ok. Like Dave said some idiot in a F-250 ran a red light while I was making a Michigan left turn and slammed right into me. I never even seen him coming and didn't stand a chance. So sad all these years working on this car and it comes to this. This past spring alone I put an entire new turbo kit, intake and fuel lines on it along with a full revamp on the suspension. Just pissed off for now but I will get over it and come back even stronger.

It is just a car afterall and I am fortunate to be alright, thanks everyone for the well-wishes. BTW the monte took good care of me these cars are tough, it did knock me out for a split second but I feel just fine today. I did go to the clinic to get checked out and get x-rays too and the doctor said I would be just fine. What a ride though!! RIP slowmontecarlo 2003-2013
glad to hear you're OK. any plans to rebuild with another 5th gen?

Old 08-04-2013, 05:43 PM

The last pictures were from a few weeks ago at the annual telegraph cruise, me and Dave hung out and had a blast. Now the car looks like this.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by skylark65
glad to hear you're OK. any plans to rebuild with another 5th gen?
Sure do man I'm not gonna let this hold me up, I got love for the 5th gens I do have a 98 Z34 beater I am going to pull out now and start fixing up a bit and also plan to buy a super low mileage and southern rust free 98 or 99 Z34 here in the near future to be a replacement for my turbo car, all the performance stuff will go back on the new car.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by slowmontecarlo
Sure do man I'm not gonna let this hold me up, I got love for the 5th gens I do have a 98 Z34 beater I am going to pull out now and start fixing up a bit and also plan to buy a super low mileage and southern rust free 98 or 99 Z34 here in the near future to be a replacement for my turbo car, all the performance stuff will go back on the new car.
Glad your ok. , Sounds like you got a nice plan..

Old 08-04-2013, 06:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

@slowmontecarlo - Good to hear from you direct man. Glad to hear you're alive and well!

Quick Reply: Ryan... (slowmontecarlo)...MonteCarlo got totaled Today